Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Moonshiners

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    So what I don't get is how come all those guys and gals on the show Moonshiners are not in jail for a very long time??? With maybe the exception of Tim, the guy that went legit. Present status does not excuse past sins.
    Damn, you sound like my wife with that question. I looked at her and said, what does moonshine and water have in common? Blank stare.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    So what I don't get is how come all those guys and gals on the show Moonshiners are not in jail for a very long time??? With maybe the exception of Tim, the guy that went legit. Present status does not excuse past sins.
    some of that show was filmed in my county and two counties adjacent. apparently they weren't actually making moonshine on camera.
    swing your fucking sword.

Reminds me, I’ll drop this into the book recommendation thread too.

Name:  Image1606169485.502145.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  57.4 KB

My dad’s oldest brother and his BIL owned an untaxed beverage production facility in Clay County NC during the late 1920s
    Dad helped out from the time he was eight.

When he was ten, after much pestering, they let him go on a delivery. This was basically humping packs full of mason jars over the hills at night to some roadhouse.
    When they got to the establishment, the owner tried to cut the price on them.

Uncle’s BIL kept a smile on his face and his hands in his bib overalls while arguing about whether $0.25 or $0.50 per jar was agreed and fair.

Dad said the discussion was polite until the bar owner pulled out a derringer and said “This says the price is $0.25”

Uncle’s BIL then pulled a .45 buntline special out of his bibs, pointed it in the owners mouth and said with a smile
    “Jus’ stick yarn in the barrel a mine.”

They got their $.50/jar. Dad said he never asked to go on deliveries again.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    My dad’s oldest brother and his BIL owned an untaxed beverage production facility in Clay County NC during the late 1920s
    Dad helped out from the time he was eight.

When he was ten, after much pestering, they let him go on a delivery. This was basically humping packs full of mason jars over the hills at night to some roadhouse.
    When they got to the establishment, the owner tried to cut the price on them.

Uncle’s BIL kept a smile on his face and his hands in his bib overalls while arguing about whether $0.25 or $0.50 per jar was agreed and fair.

Dad said the discussion was polite until the bar owner pulled out a derringer and said “This says the price is $0.25”

Uncle’s BIL then pulled a .45 buntline special out of his bibs, pointed it in the owners mouth and said with a smile
    “Jus’ stick yarn in the barrel a mine.”

They got their $.50/jar. Dad said he never asked to go on deliveries again.
    that is the most clay county thing i have ever heard. some rough folk up that way. good folk but rough.
    swing your fucking sword.

Bootlegger alcohol found under floorboards of century-old house

https://www.kivitv.com/news/national...nGrIEfLwgT9dqY