Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Kootenays, BC
    Posts
    169

    Replace AFD-looking for Teflon 3M sticky backed...

    Need a small piece for one Atomic FFG Team Edition toe piece that is missing the AFD. Anyone out their have a sheet of this and could spare a small piece?

    Amazon.ca is showing sheets for 75 bucks which is almost as much as the bindings cost me used.

    Is there something else I can use?

    Appreciate the help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Gallatin County
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhunter View Post
    Need a small piece for one Atomic FFG Team Edition toe piece that is missing the AFD. Anyone out their have a sheet of this and could spare a small piece?

    Amazon.ca is showing sheets for 75 bucks which is almost as much as the bindings cost me used.

    Is there something else I can use?

    Appreciate the help.
    Have you tried McMaster-Carr? They have small sheets of various thickness teflon white or black (~$10-12 for 1/32 thickness). McMaster-Carr only sells business to business and not sure about sales in Canada but they usually can ship next day via UPS.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Kootenays, BC
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Have you tried McMaster-Carr? They have small sheets of various thickness teflon white or black (~$10-12 for 1/32 thickness). McMaster-Carr only sells business to business and not sure about sales in Canada but they usually can ship next day via UPS.
    Many thanks. What a website, feel like I got transported to 1995. Doesn't look like they ship to Canada though, but that would have worked...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Gallatin County
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhunter View Post
    Many thanks. What a website, feel like I got transported to 1995. Doesn't look like they ship to Canada though, but that would have worked...
    Teflon = PTFE try MISUMI as they have a Canadian branch. Never used MISUMI but they do carry PTFE sheet in 1 mm increments. No idea on price.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    432
    I got this from Amazon, have tons of it left after fixing one old STH 14 AFD.

    https://www.amazon.com/Teflon-indust...5972445&sr=8-5

    If you need a chunk, PM me and I can mail it to you next week.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Kootenays, BC
    Posts
    169
    Thanks to the TGR community and specifically DGamms for the help, you've got a couch to crash on if you ever make it up to Fernie...Very much appreciated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •