Salomon Shift Pro 130 boot

Any feedback on the new boot ? Seems there are very few actual usage reviews out there on this new boot and looks to be a an interesting competitors to Atomic / Lange boots.

Also would be great if anyone knew about binding compatibility for their Gripwalk soles. Want to try to use these on an older Atomic Tracker 16 WTR binding , they are on my ON3P Billy Goat Tour and have heard both yes and no from reputable shops

Amer WTR bindings are gripwalk compatible per their chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogreen View Post
    Any feedback on the new boot ? Seems there are very few actual usage reviews out there on this new boot and looks to be a an interesting competitors to Atomic / Lange boots.

Also would be great if anyone knew about binding compatibility for their Gripwalk soles. Want to try to use these on an older Atomic Tracker 16 WTR binding , they are on my ON3P Billy Goat Tour and have heard both yes and no from reputable shops
    It's much improved from the QST, feels quite stiff, walk mode is very smooth but ROM is still not great. Fits more like a 102 than a 100.

GripWalk hadn't been invented when that binding was made, but the current Amer compatibility chart says GripWalk soles and WTR bindings = good to go (this wasn't always the case).

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    It's much improved from the QST, feels quite stiff, walk mode is very smooth but ROM is still not great. Fits more like a 102 than a 100.

GripWalk hadn't been invented when that binding was made, but the current Amer compatibility chart says GripWalk soles and WTR bindings = good to go (this wasn't always the case).
    Same mold / general fit from the QST Pro series? Thanks as always gregL

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I tried these on and own the QST Pro. I feel like these have a lot more volume in the instep and somewhat more volume in the toebox area. Heel is still gaping wide as usual.

Thanks for the feedback and more reason why trying on boots is so critical. I usually roll with a LV boot and 97 last , and trying these on, they did of course feel wider , but not much slippage in heel and for me, not like a 102

yeah, sounds right. i was told there's a big difference between the version people tried on last season versus the ones that are in shops now. excited to slip on a pair.
    bumps are for poor people

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Feels roomier than the QST Pro to me, even though all the "pro" boots are supposed to be the same 100mm last. thejongiest has it right, IMO - taller over the instep and toebox.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post

Can you tell something about the difference between the Shift Boot and the Strider? Heel? Instephigh? Last?

Struggling to find a lot of reviews on this boot other than sporadic reviews in other threads. Anyone spend some time with this boot?

I was just fit for this boot (I have a wider foot and high volume instep so other boots, i.e. Cochise, Xt3, etc, need quite a bit of work) and wondering thoughts from those who have had time with it. Seems like a solid boot to pair with my Duke PTs on days where I plan to spend some time in the resort and sometime outside the resort.

Im 6’1” 190lbs, fairly aggressive skier. Seems like initial reviews say the boot is pretty close to a 130 flex. Also seems like the walk mechanism will be reliable as it came from the S/Lab MTN (I’ve never had issues with my older MTNs).

For those who have been in the boot, thoughts on the liner? Should I consider a Tour Wrap?

Any thoughts/reviews appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot more volume than the old qst pro 130.
    I had to work a bit to make them fit ( I didn't have to buy them so I didn't choose a Boot that fit better out of the box). I Have only a few days on them so no final verdict, but they seem to ride similar to my qst 130s.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I skied on them last year and thought they really performed well. I toured on them about 2 days a week and skied inbounds on the weekend. I was coming from a mtn lab and lange rs 130. It was a one boot quiver for me. Most of my tours are a quick lap or two before work. There was plenty of ROM for me. Happy to answer any specific questions.