Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    And this is partly why insurance is so fucking expensive thanks to the Merican sue happy culture.
    I'm stupid and spill my coffee, I'm suing because the coffee is hot and i got a booboo now....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Don't get Danno going on the coffee case. And that is pulling a memory out of the deeeeep archives.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Did this guy not purchase trip interruption or cancellation insurance? That’s what every other operator is telling clients.

Who would spend $15k on a trip that’s not backed by insurance?
    Good luck getting insurance to cover Covid related trip interruptions. Fuck John Hancock from my experience

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Good luck getting insurance to cover Covid related trip interruptions. Fuck John Hancock from my experience
    If insurance won't cover you and you spend the money anyway then I think you should have a reasonable expectation of how things are going to go for you.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

"Universally, we felt it was irresponsible of us to go," he said.

Right, but you felt it was a responsible decision to book a 15 person trip in the middle of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by splitlit View Post
    "Universally, we felt it was irresponsible of us to go," he said.

Right, but you felt it was a responsible decision to book a 15 person trip in the middle of the pandemic.
    Right.

And we only feel it's irresponsible to do this trip if we get our money back.

If this was Merica this guy should be suing his friends who are not willing to go...

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    If this was Merica this guy should be suing his friends who are not willing to go...
    Lol!

Why doesn't the ACC offer a booking credit? I don't get it, they want to be sticklers for the rules but they are a community association that is run on goodwill. Extend some good will, recognize the difficult situation, offer a credit for a same booking in the next 3 years. Done and move on.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Because if you don’t enforce those rules, everyone else will start asking for refunds/deferrals as well, and they’ll lose out on a lot of revenue. I don't know anything about ACC's financial position, but I assume its revenue they badly need. Everyone was flexible in the first few months of the pandemic, but at some point you need to figure out a way to stay afloat.

At the time of booking, everyone knew about the situation they are getting into (ie. booking a big group ski hut trip in the middle of a pandemic) and all the specifics of the booking. Everyone knew its non-refundable and you can’t defer the booking. What happened to common sense and accountability for your decisions?

I go catskiing with a group of friend every year, and this year K3 Catskiing out of Revelstoke offered full refunds for groups that would like to cancel. I was really surprised, but its a good PR move. Maybe not a good financial move. We cancelled because we had 12 people from all over Western Canada and it would have been irresponsible for us to go.

On another note, if you are ever in the Revelstoke area check out K3. They have single day catskiing. Fun guides and terrain!
    I like huge dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by splitlit View Post
    Because if you don’t enforce those rules, everyone else will start asking for refunds/deferrals as well, and they’ll lose out on a lot of revenue. I don't know anything about ACC's financial position, but I assume its revenue they badly need. Everyone was flexible in the first few months of the pandemic, but at some point you need to figure out a way to stay afloat.

At the time of booking, everyone knew about the situation they are getting into (ie. booking a big group ski hut trip in the middle of a pandemic) and all the specifics of the booking. Everyone knew its non-refundable and you can’t defer the booking. What happened to common sense and accountability for your decisions?
    ask all the college loan folks wanting forgiveness.

skeena cat ski does single day and its < an hr drive from town but they made the decision fairly early on to blow the season off ... smart IMO
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    ask all the college loan folks wanting forgiveness.
    What's happening with that?

Just saw this article. Seems like the Premier's edict isn't working.

"An emergency room doctor in Whistler is calling on the B.C. government to restrict travel from other provinces after seeing a "worrying" number of patients from Ontario and Quebec over the holidays."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...4l8QDo5TUdM6Q8

yeah ists the same shit, government "recommends" against travel but since its not a travel ban, every tom, dick and harry thinks it doesnt apply to them and voila, doctors and nurses are pissed off. the narrative will stay the same until the gov actually bans something which doesnt appear to be their direction.

If they put travel restrictions in place, the same locals that are now screaming about travel, are going to be screaming because their local resort stays closed for the year, because its completely unsustainable based on the local population. You think Whistler opens just for the locals? LOL. Everyone is going to be angry about something.

"Gareau's concerns are shared by Maude Cyr, a resident of nearby Pemberton, who said she was shocked to encounter a large group of tourists from Quebec during a recent day of skiing at Whistler."

wow... yea so travel restrictions for you... but not for me.

As for the government "banning something", banning what exactly?

finally. seems stupid it's taken this long for them to look into this if that's whats really going on. either way, pick a direction and stick with it. FWIW, lots of BC, SK, MB and ON plates in Jasper. no use getting worked up about it if they're legally free to move about. we all know folks don't have common sense so will be interesting to what comes out that "review" by BC.

It's interesting... someone from Vancouver can travel all the way to fernie to ski but I can't and I'm 3 hours away in Calgary.

I get that there are hills that are closer to me that I can go to. It's just that a provincial barrier is relatively arbitrary.

Shit, I was in Golden skiing yesterday... despite numerous signs saying you're only allowed to ride the gondi with people living in your house, and saying not to socialize with other cohorts in line, there was rampant violations of this to jump the horrendously slow lift line. I'm not complaining about the long line... I knew that would happen... just the questionable behavior.

And bars and restaurants are still open for on site meals and drinks but we Albertans who can't do that are somehow a threat.

I drive to the hill by myself and drive home the same day... I'm not a group of people who flew out from Ontario to share a hotel room and party and ski... huge difference. And the locals grouping up are much more dangerous than I am at that hill.

I'm won't be surprised if it happens and I'll honour it, but it is interesting what people do to make themselves "feel" safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    It's interesting... someone from Vancouver can travel all the way to fernie to ski but I can't and I'm 3 hours away in Calgary.

I get that there are hills that are closer to me that I can go to. It's just that a provincial barrier is relatively arbitrary.

Shit, I was in Golden skiing yesterday... despite numerous signs saying you're only allowed to ride the gondi with people living in your house, and saying not to socialize with other cohorts in line, there was rampant violations of this to jump the horrendously slow lift line. I'm not complaining about the long line... I knew that would happen... just the questionable behavior.

And bars and restaurants are still open for on site meals and drinks but we Albertans who can't do that are somehow a threat.

I drive to the hill by myself and drive home the same day... I'm not a group of people who flew out from Ontario to share a hotel room and party and ski... huge difference. And the locals grouping up are much more dangerous than I am at that hill.

I'm won't be surprised if it happens and I'll honour it, but it is interesting what people do to make themselves "feel" safe.

Tougher to distance on a gondi, and if they won’t allow singles, it makes it impossible, basically. What I don’t get about the BC restrictions is restaurants are still open, whereas a lot of cities in Alberta, it is take out only. Restaurants are enclosed spaces. Outside, on a chair, getting an infectious dose is hard...sorry, difficult....that choice of words brought back shenanigans from 1979....

Anyways, have to head home tomorrow afternoon to get dogs meds rebalanced. New job, pick up equipment in office later in week and the intent to head back to our place on a mountain and go full turtle...work, ski, hot tub....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Not sure if Horgan is going to get anywhere with the close the provincial border idea. Too many points of access, and our economies are too closely tied. As far as I know, the current order asks that we not travel outside of our health authority - coastal, fraser, (s) interior, northern, and island. Easy to find the health authority linework on the CDC website. But everything about this pandemic is becoming a clusterfuck now.

People have given up caring for some time now, even if the hospital emerg and ICU numbers are troubling. Unless it affects one directly, people seem to not even give a shit about their family's risk, let alone their community's. It's who we've become, and we'll just reap what we sow.
    Last edited by BCMtnHound; 01-14-2021 at 10:14 PM.

it appears to be all about what can I get away with and that other guy is getting away with more

insted of listening to the HCW who are telling us things are getting very fucked up

this is not going to beat the pnademic and the rent will come due
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Skiers who are ending up in the ER's of ski towns are predominately non-essential travellers for the most part and the hospitals are pissed...Rent will come due all right. NS, NB and PEI shut down their borders. Don't see why BC cannot do the same. Just the chance of a large fine and provincial directives should/will keep most people away who are not local.
    Last edited by gearhunter; 01-14-2021 at 10:14 PM.

The Atlantic provinces didn't "shut down their borders". They had a mandatory 14 day quarantine upon entry. Similar results. The territories has border restrictions too.

BC could do the same if they wanted to but that would require enforcement. YVR and other airports would be an issue.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Hopefully the latest round of COVID cash from the government doesn't cause British Columbians to flood Alburda ski hills, er I mean shopping malls.