Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Was being sarcastic, I like to give my buddies in Golden a poke every now and then.

I get insurance through Capri in Kelowna, they work with BC snowmobile association.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Cool thanks for the info.

Ghost town in Golden this weekend but that’s because they are all in the backcountry! Busiest I’ve seen it out there ever....snow is deep and blower on a solid base and stability has tightened up....

As of yesterday at least 42 cases in Revy plus a family posted a request to be infected.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7495297/c...vid-19-update/

Regarding local cases in your small town, the BCCDC updates a map that shows cases by local health area. The map is updated monthly and is due to update on Dec. 10 to include November's cases.

Click here to see map

Golden has had 5 total cases between Jan-Oct.

You can find a more detailed map of the borders here which is helpful particularly in the Okanagan where the above map isn't labeled well.

As we've seen with Revelstoke, 3 cases prior to the recent outbreak shows that the desire to know the number of cases in your town is not a tool useful for decision making and only creates a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveUrkel View Post
    Regarding local cases in your small town, the BCCDC updates a map that shows cases by local health area. The map is updated monthly and is due to update on Dec. 10 to include November's cases.

Click here to see map

Golden has had 5 total cases between Jan-Oct.

You can find a more detailed map of the borders here which is helpful particularly in the Okanagan where the above map isn't labeled well.

As we've seen with Revelstoke, 3 cases prior to the recent outbreak shows that the desire to know the number of cases in your town is not a tool useful for decision making and only creates a false sense of security.
    Yup. My home area still has no reported cases as per our local hospital (we have a 3 bed emergency unit coupled with a 7 bed acute care ward, and a long term palliative care facility). There is no way our community, situated along a major transportation corridor, and flush with pipeline workers from both BC and AB living in various accommodations in town, has not had some form of COVID exposure. It's just that none of the (limited) testing done locally has so far yielded a positive result.

Another factor is cases are reported by the usual place of residence. So the two cases at Mica Dam in October and November, which is in the Revelstoke health area, weren't recorded as Revelstoke cases because their residence was elsewhere.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...oard-1.5828656

Caught driving an Audi with Cali plates & expired tags, probably got some fines for vehical offences

and then also fined 1150$ for breaking quarantine
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Trouble brewing in the Robson Valley between locals and Albertan/out-of-town sledders. Trailhead parking lots and local hotels are full, visitors are in McBride and Valemount not wearing masks, and having gatherings in hotels rooms, etc. Sounds like when confronted about their behaviour, many are being very belligerent. Some indications of similar stories in Revy as well. Sad, as these town rely heavily on winter sled tourism, but the behaviour of the visitors coupled with local health order restrictions and spiking AB case numbers, and something likely is going to give sooner rather than later.

there IS a certain freak culture in the Robson valley
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Trouble brewing in the Robson Valley between locals and Albertan/out-of-town sledders. Trailhead parking lots and local hotels are full, visitors are in McBride and Valemount not wearing masks, and having gatherings in hotels rooms, etc. Sounds like when confronted about their behaviour, many are being very belligerent. Some indications of similar stories in Revy as well. Sad, as these town rely heavily on winter sled tourism, but the behaviour of the visitors coupled with local health order restrictions and spiking AB case numbers, and something likely is going to give sooner rather than later.
    Just stay the F out of Cherryville mmmmkay?
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Don’t worry Hefe most people don’t have a clue where that is.

Exactly!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Want me to post up the map?

Sure, sure show everyone how to get to Keefer.

^^ Shhhhhh.......

Can we please throw these fucking kooks in jail. Please.
    Fuck.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Yup. My home area still has no reported cases as per our local hospital (we have a 3 bed emergency unit coupled with a 7 bed acute care ward, and a long term palliative care facility). There is no way our community, situated along a major transportation corridor, and flush with pipeline workers from both BC and AB living in various accommodations in town, has not had some form of COVID exposure. It's just that none of the (limited) testing done locally has so far yielded a positive result.
    Unless you are privy to BCCDC confidential metrics I doubt you would have knowledge of currently known cases in your town as PHSA and the BCCDC does not make that information available to the public, for the most part (ie. a cluster of cases in Revi.) Furthermore your hospital should/would never make that information available citing privacy concerns. You are doing nothing but speculating. If you are getting your information from anywhere else other then BCCDC, well, no offence it's bunk. Your 'knowledge' can only foster a false sense of security...

I was privy to information on the outbreak in Revi a week before it was on the news so I do understand that people talk and word gets around. That though, was from boots on the ground, not the BCCDC or the local hospital and I did not know if it was accurate hence my misgivings about broadcasting it earlier in this thread...
    Last edited by gearhunter; 12-05-2020 at 09:31 AM.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...nney-1.5832682

Here they come as Jason shut pretty much everything down. BC has not done that yet. We are supposed to not travel here in BC. Albertans? Don't think Jason asked that of his electorate. I'll happily stay away from the ski hill. It's a lot easier when you are on quarantine due to your roommates positive Covid test...
    Last edited by gearhunter; 12-08-2020 at 05:22 PM.

What does that have to do with Albertans coming to BC? The story you referenced says nothing about ski areas.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhunter View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...nney-1.5832682

Here they come as Jason shut pretty much everything down. BC has not done that yet. We are supposed to not travel here in BC. Albertans? Don't think Jason asked that of his electorate. I'll happily stay away from the ski hill. It's a lot easier when you are on quarantine due to your roommates positive Covid test...
    Alberta's ski hills are still open.

Alberta health has asked people to stay in their communities.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	travel.PNG 
Views:	81 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	351897

https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-publ...MaAisVEALw_wcB

Sounds like NO day lodge access to eat, warm up?

“ Outdoor recreation is permitted, but facilities with indoor spaces except for washrooms will be closed.”

Quote Originally Posted by gearhunter View Post
    Unless you are privy to BCCDC confidential metrics I doubt you would have knowledge of currently known cases in your town as PHSA and the BCCDC does not make that information available to the public, for the most part (ie. a cluster of cases in Revi.) Furthermore your hospital should/would never make that information available citing privacy concerns. You are doing nothing but speculating. If you are getting your information from anywhere else other then BCCDC, well, no offence it's bunk. Your 'knowledge' can only foster a false sense of security...

I was privy to information on the outbreak in Revi a week before it was on the news so I do understand that people talk and word gets around. That though, was from boots on the ground, not the BCCDC or the local hospital and I did not know if it was accurate hence my misgivings about broadcasting it earlier in this thread...
    And yet you still broadcasted it. Not responsible for your guilt dude.

And for the record, I do have boots on the ground. Several in fact. But I've shared nothing publicly that I've learned from them. Ever. My statement was in response to SteveUrkel specifically in regards to the BCCDC published data. The local hospital is our testing site that would supply that data, and the capacity statement was just to provide context - we have a huge facility given the current area's population. It was built just before the local big lumber mills shut down, and we are extremely fortunate to still have it. No hubris here about how fortunate our community has been, thus far.

I've seen more Alberta plates in the Bulkley Valley in past 6 months than in my previous 15 years here. I especially appreciate all the F*ck Trudeau stickers and those charming plastic ball sacks hanging off the tow hitches. Makes for interesting conversations with my kids.

I know I am painting with a broad brush here but sadly, the Corona virus is not the only disease being imported to our fair neck of the woods.

News breaking on CBC of a round of covid testing at Big White after 'well attended parties' among staff at the resort.

Don't be surprised if the resorts get a closure order for Christmas

I thought of this thread this weekend while driving in Spokane behind a car with Alberta plates. So much for the stay at home order, let alone the closed border?