Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Nice, name calling because I don't believe that a non rated piece of cloth or paper will protect me from covid.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Not that again, your right, it is minimal protection for you, but it protects the people around you by restricting the spread of your exhalation. So you not wearing a mask threatens everyone you are near if you are infected. Them wearing a mask protects you, how come you don’t give a shit about them, when they do about you? You out there laughing at people who care about others and calling them ‘sheep’ because they do?

And fuck that excuse of not wanting to do something because you don’t think it is important. You are told everyday how to live your life and what you can do in far more invasive ways than wearing a mask. How come you aren’t out there protesting against that? I know you’re a sledder and you hate it when people ride their sleds in closed areas because it is threatening everyone’s access, but why? They are just protesting against a regulation they don’t feel is just, and if it gets everyone’s access shutdown, well it’s not their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    The problem lies in that pano dude not wearing a mask puts other people in danger. That's one of the reasons it's a fucking dumpster fire to the south of us (and to the east for that matter). Fuck oh dear, it's just wearing a mask. I just don't get the fucking big deal here. Fuck.
    Seriously Gary come on. I am putting others at risk? This is government propaganda at its finest. Putting Canadians against Canadians for the greater good. Sound familiar??? Hmm, residential schools and secret sterilization come to mind.
    I am not going to Costco, the mall, mingling with hundreds waiting for the ski lift or sitting in restaurants. I stick to myself and go to the grocery store off peak times to stay away from people as much as I can. I have no choice to not wear a mask, It's mandatory thanks to all the Karen's and Kyle's like all of you on here.
    Keep on being sheep, enjoy the freedom while you can, we'll be on full lock down soon to protect us from the "new" strain. Then the next strain, and the next.

Seriously Gary come on. I am putting others at risk? This is government propaganda at its finest. Putting Canadians against Canadians for the greater good. Sound familiar??? Hmm, residential schools and secret sterilization come to mind.
    I am not going to Costco, the mall, mingling with hundreds waiting for the ski lift or sitting in restaurants. I stick to myself and go to the grocery store off peak times to stay away from people as much as I can. I have no choice to not wear a mask, It's mandatory thanks to all the Karen's and Kyle's like all of you on here.
    Keep on being sheep, enjoy the freedom while you can, we'll be on full lock down soon to protect us from the "new" strain. Then the next strain, and the next.
    It's just a mask, bro. I just can't see what the big deal is.

Bonus: I haven't had to smell anyone's bad breath in almost a year now (wife and kids excluded).

If you are 99% of the time not being near anybody else than whats the big fking deal with wearing a mask when you are near others? Even if you are convinced the mask does nothing its pretty far from the government infringing on your personal rights and is over in a very short time. Wearing a mask is much less invasive than getting sterilized and those comparisons are in nut job land.

did you really just fucking try and equivocate residential schools with being asked to wear a fucking mask?

I blame joe rogan. There should only be an hour of internet/day or we'll all be shotgunning bleach and pop rocks 24/7/365

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

So Mr. Dude

Look no one is going to convince you - so fine. You don't think they work - apparently nothing will change that.

However, if you insist on not wearing one in public you are an asshole and I don't actually think you mean to be.

The majority of the population (the "Sheep") believe that you wearing one will protect them. The Sheep, you will have to admit, come to this conclusion honestly. They are simply relying on the best information available to them. For me it is listening to the healthcare worker I happen to trust enough to marry tell me that yup - they work for the intended purpose. Just so happens that she is much smarter than I, spent 7 years studying this shit and the last 12 years practicing and keeping up to date and what not. She doesn't appear to be part of some massive conspiracy. In fact, I think she might have spent those 20 some years at her craft 'cause she is interested in it and makes a good living doing it. I honestly don't think she is trying to pull the wool over our eyes (Sheep joke). If she is part of a conspiracy - is there like money for that? Do we get royalties? Are we in on the "end game"?- a society of mask wearing Sheep benefits the Hutz family coffers how?

In any event, I don't know you, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say she is smarter and more educated on the subject than you (only because there are few who that wouldn't be true of so its a probabilities assumption) - so it makes sense for the Sheep to take her advice on the subject and not yours.

Now the vast majority of the Sheep, again extrapolating from my experience, are sick and fucking tired of this fucking pandemic. They just want it over. Now when smart folks like the Mrs. tell us that a little inconvenience will help - we believe them. Even if we or she is wrong - the inconvenience is soooooo low why not give it a shot.

So, as the proprietor of a business that is deemed essential for some reason and requires in person contact - I am going to enforce the PHO orders in my establishment. Even if I agreed with you I am going to enforce the order. Every time one of you no-mask assholes comes into the office talking 'bout us Sheep and "MAHRIGHTS"- I have to deal with it, my staff some of whom have their own health issues or are caretakers for elderly family members, have to deal with it. We have enough stress in our lives. Adding to that stress completely unnecessarily is just being an asshole. I doubt you mean it to be - but it just is. We are not asking you to conform to our religious beliefs we are just asking you to follow the law in the off chance the smart people are right and your "research" is not.

It's not like I am asking you to wear a shirt or something.

any Canadian politician who was stupid enough to bring up residential schools has got themselves in deep shit over it and now you ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You sound like an idiot...just shut up. Best to go hide for awhile and hopefully the rest of us forget your stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    So Mr. Dude

Look no one is going to convince you - so fine. You don't think they work - apparently nothing will change that.

However, if you insist on not wearing one in public you are an asshole and I don't actually think you mean to be.

The majority of the population (the "Sheep") believe that you wearing one will protect them. The Sheep, you will have to admit, come to this conclusion honestly. They are simply relying on the best information available to them. For me it is listening to the healthcare worker I happen to trust enough to marry tell me that yup - they work for the intended purpose. Just so happens that she is much smarter than I, spent 7 years studying this shit and the last 12 years practicing and keeping up to date and what not. She doesn't appear to be part of some massive conspiracy. In fact, I think she might have spent those 20 some years at her craft 'cause she is interested in it and makes a good living doing it. I honestly don't think she is trying to pull the wool over our eyes (Sheep joke). If she is part of a conspiracy - is there like money for that? Do we get royalties? Are we in on the "end game"?- a society of mask wearing Sheep benefits the Hutz family coffers how?

In any event, I don't know you, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say she is smarter and more educated on the subject than you (only because there are few who that wouldn't be true of so its a probabilities assumption) - so it makes sense for the Sheep to take her advice on the subject and not yours.

Now the vast majority of the Sheep, again extrapolating from my experience, are sick and fucking tired of this fucking pandemic. They just want it over. Now when smart folks like the Mrs. tell us that a little inconvenience will help - we believe them. Even if we or she is wrong - the inconvenience is soooooo low why not give it a shot.

So, as the proprietor of a business that is deemed essential for some reason and requires in person contact - I am going to enforce the PHO orders in my establishment. Even if I agreed with you I am going to enforce the order. Every time one of you no-mask assholes comes into the office talking 'bout us Sheep and "MAHRIGHTS"- I have to deal with it, my staff some of whom have their own health issues or are caretakers for elderly family members, have to deal with it. We have enough stress in our lives. Adding to that stress completely unnecessarily is just being an asshole. I doubt you mean it to be - but it just is. We are not asking you to conform to our religious beliefs we are just asking you to follow the law in the off chance the smart people are right and your "research" is not.

POTD. Classic!

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    So Mr. Dude

Well said. I've lost friends who've accused me of "living in fear" and being "sheep" when I point out to them that more than 80% of Canadians trust the PHO so their contrarian opinion doesn't matter.

Your message is way better delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyto View Post
    So what I'm hearing is that very soon I may not be able to get a blowy from the Golden Husky, but either way the other person should be wearing an airhole mask and that I should stick around for lunch?
    As long as said blowy is in accordance with BC PHO guidelines for glory holes ( a page earlier) then you are good to go.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Alright I'm a sheep looking to get enlightened. Explain to me, what does the government and consumerist based economy have to gain with these lockdowns? What do they gain by keeping us home? What's the endgame? More parking at Duffey lake?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Not saying I agree fully with lockdowns but the rationale is pretty simple. If everyone is sick AF those business will close regardless due to lack of employees and customers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Alright I'm a sheep looking to get enlightened. Explain to me, what does the government and consumerist based economy have to gain with these lockdowns? What do they gain by keeping us home? What's the endgame? More parking at Duffey lake?

Ending a pandemic and getting life back to normal free of restrictions

The evidence surrounding mask use, along with a host of other preventative measures has been well documented to reduce the spread of many communicable diseases. Goldman Sachs did a really deep statistical dive into mask wearing as a component of these measures and found that with past epidemics and pandemics, those countries that had mask mandates, or a tradition of mask wearing, had far lower incidences of disease and associated mortality than those who didn’t engage in such programs. Those other measures include the usual we have been asked to do: sanities, wash frequently, no close gatherings, etc. Aggressive contact tracing is another method in use that can identify and cause to isolate high risk individuals due to contact with a known carrier. No single item is the magic bullet, all the mitigants work in concert with one another.

Thailand was hit early in the pandemic due to the amount of tourism travel between China and Thailand. They quickly shut the borders to travel, and instituted mask wearing and other measures, as well as contact tracing. With one exception of a pilot travelling on a diplomatic passport which allowed him to avoid a 2 week quarantine when landing in Thailand, he infected a few folks, but was quickly identified and isolated, Thailand did not have a community transmitted case of Covid from late may to early July. An old high school buddy is the World Health Organisation country head for Thailand and we chat every quarter. Small country, 69MM people, Bangkok has 10MM. As of our chat in December just prior to Christmas, still not a single case. Now the population is more compliant, but like many populous countries who have dealt with these types of situations before, they know what works and the people just do the right thing. A friend who lives in Hong Kong said the same thing. (Not withstanding the anti-China demonstrations this past year).

In North America, we really haven’t seen this type of thing in recent memory. So we don’t have a history of having to band together and do the right thing as much as more densely populous countries. We also have a more individualistic approach to society, where many view individual rights as more of a priority than the greater good. So we haven’t been as successful at stopping the spread as other countries. Canada is doing better than the US, Britain, Italy, etc, but western democracies are no where near the success rate of those countries in the Far East that know what they are doing. I think Australia and New Zealand have been pretty successful, but they basically shut down international travel for a month to keep the incidence down hard. But it seems to have worked. We haven’t done that, so we have British homeowners coming to Panorama to stay in their vacation homes. Give the the new British variant, not sure I like that idea at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Pretty sure daught was asking a joke question to illustrate the absurdity of arguing against the conspiracy theories.

Could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Daught played that well

Hard to tell these days, I get it. I was curious to hear the conspiracy theorists explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Hard to tell these days, I get it. I was curious to hear the conspiracy theorists explanation.

My captain at work claims this is all to create a new world order. One single government for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    My captain at work claims this is all to create a new world order. One single government for all.
    Global cooperation, eliminating wars and consolidating bureaucracy? Doesn't sound bad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    This will surely cheer him up!

So due to the increased traffic into the Elk Valley and people not following BC and AB PHO guidelines we are seeing this....

https://www.thefreepress.ca/news/hor...y-on-the-rise/

“Over twenty per cent of the tests we’re doing now are returning as positive, and its across quite a wide swathe of our population – this is obviously worrisome.”

and this.....

https://www.trailforks.com/report/13...tn2QOKGyvqFLe8

CANWEL has implemented a TEMPORARY PUBLIC CLOSURE for COAL CREEK ROAD effective IMMEDIATELY.

This is due to active logging and issues with high traffic volumes and parking BLOCKING THEIR OPERATIONS.

The closure is for all vehicles and users including access to to hike to Matheson Falls, ski, board or fly off the Microwave Tower, and /or fat bike on the Coal Creek road.

Please respect the landowners wishes and help maintain our summer biking access.

^canwell can go fuck themselves, they have shown zero respect for the local user groups, the town or the environment.
    Last edited by gwat; 01-19-2021 at 12:09 PM.

^^
    From what I can gather, Northern Health 7 day moving average is 16%. We're not doing that great up here.
    edit gwat - re 20% positivity rate..
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!