Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 469
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver/Whistler
    Posts
    12,754
    Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    I think my January hut trip to Mt Carlyle is most likely a no go now. Minimal refund as well I think. Shit....
    GAH just pulled plug on early season trips fyi

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,770
    reviewed the refund policy, full refund minus $500 covid admin fee so not that bad. One of the guys on the trip runs ER in Kelowna and said its blowing up there and to stay away. Shit.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    GAH just pulled plug on early season trips fyi
    Fark. I havenít been contacted yet, but am presuming my Xmas - New Years trip into Sentry is done.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Jasper, AB
    Posts
    149
    did GAH send out a note? Sentry Jan 9-16 ain't looking promising! Good thing another week later season is also on the books - fuck off 'vid!

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Golden B.C.
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Fark. I havenít been contacted yet, but am presuming my Xmas - New Years trip into Sentry is done.
    What days are you there? After christmas?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    What days are you there? After christmas?
    Flying in on Boxing Day.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Golden B.C.
    Posts
    400
    Sweet. I'm there the week before. Here's hoping the trips don't get canned.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    135
    Haven't been contacted for GAH Dec 16 trip either...

    But my men's league hockey started back up.

    ...



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Between the Selkirks and the Monashees
    Posts
    65
    So far only trips during the current restriction period (up to Dec 7th) have been cancelled by GAH. If restrictions are lifted then it sounds like they will try and run trips. Most lodges aren't open so haven't had to address things yet (Sol might be the only other one?). Even though this does affect my group (Dec 4-8th) appreciate that they made the decision. Not sure every business would have made the same decision. Unless you are going with just your household it is hard to argue that several days together at a lodge isn't a social gathering. Also appreciate that they have a pretty nice refund policy - full credit for a future trip (or refund minus admin fee).

    The reality is that this will be a tough year for lodges to stay open all year as restrictions may come and go in various canadian jurisdictions. I've got a few more trips on the books - hopefully at least some of them happen. Carlyle changed their refund policy within the last month btw. It was much more restrictive before (at least officially).

    Kelowna has the majority of cases in IHA so not surprised the ED there is starting to see higher numbers coming through their department. Our cases have shot up in the last week (at least a dozen active at the moment) and lots of unconnected positives which isn't great.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by goral View Post
    So far only trips during the current restriction period (up to Dec 7th) have been cancelled by GAH. If restrictions are lifted then it sounds like they will try and run trips. Most lodges aren't open so haven't had to address things yet (Sol might be the only other one?). Even though this does affect my group (Dec 4-8th) appreciate that they made the decision. Not sure every business would have made the same decision. Unless you are going with just your household it is hard to argue that several days together at a lodge isn't a social gathering. Also appreciate that they have a pretty nice refund policy - full credit for a future trip (or refund minus admin fee).

    The reality is that this will be a tough year for lodges to stay open all year as restrictions may come and go in various canadian jurisdictions. I've got a few more trips on the books - hopefully at least some of them happen. Carlyle changed their refund policy within the last month btw. It was much more restrictive before (at least officially).

    Kelowna has the majority of cases in IHA so not surprised the ED there is starting to see higher numbers coming through their department. Our cases have shot up in the last week (at least a dozen active at the moment) and lots of unconnected positives which isn't great.
    With the current uncertainty, Lodge owners are obviously in a very difficult position. Iíll be stoked if they can find a way to operate trips this year, but itís seeming increasingly unlikely. A credit towards a future trip seems entirely fair under the circumstances.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    21,427
    any thoughts on how east BC ski towns are feeling about red plates? (fernie, cranbrook, invermere?)

    I have a fat bike I ordered in fernie, and some ski poles in cranbrook to pick up


  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    20 steps from the hot tub
    Posts
    3,748
    Would like to help with an answer but Iím in Whistler until the season starts at Kimbo so not exactly a role model in all this.

    Park at the far end of the parking lot everywhere you go?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    give'er eh!
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    any thoughts on how east BC ski towns are feeling about red plates? (fernie, cranbrook, invermere?)

    I have a fat bike I ordered in fernie, and some ski poles in cranbrook to pick up
    Your asking for a friend right? As an Albertan, best advice is to back into all stalls, and pick stalls along the perimeter...

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    any thoughts on how east BC ski towns are feeling about red plates? (fernie, cranbrook, invermere?)

    I have a fat bike I ordered in fernie, and some ski poles in cranbrook to pick up
    I would say you're fine, lots of red plates here on the weekend. What bike did you get?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    invermere
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    any thoughts on how east BC ski towns are feeling about red plates? (fernie, cranbrook, invermere?)

    I have a fat bike I ordered in fernie, and some ski poles in cranbrook to pick up
    We're Alberta friendly here for the most part. Always going to be some anti everything people though.

    Only a few racers training at Pano now, they even had a Downhill race yesterday.

    Rode my bike on hero dirt yesterday.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    502
    In a November 25 televised town hall meeting, B.C. Minister of Health Adrian Dix said there are 22 cases of COVID-19 in Revelstoke.
    https://www.revelstokemountaineer.co...in-revelstoke/
    Looks odds on that opening day will be very closely followed by closing day

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    21,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    I would say you're fine, lots of red plates here on the weekend. What bike did you get?
    basic blizzard 10. I dont like fat biking, but I prefer it to not skiing at all.


  18. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,770
    Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    In a November 25 televised town hall meeting, B.C. Minister of Health Adrian Dix said there are 22 cases of COVID-19 in Revelstoke.
    https://www.revelstokemountaineer.co...in-revelstoke/
    Looks odds on that opening day will be very closely followed by closing day
    Revys mayor is coming up on cbc radio to discuss fyi.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    any thoughts on how east BC ski towns are feeling about red plates? (fernie, cranbrook, invermere?)

    I have a fat bike I ordered in fernie, and some ski poles in cranbrook to pick up
    I always thought Eastern BC was Alberta friendly... especially since they are on 'Alberta' time lol!

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Kootenays, BC
    Posts
    148
    mntlion

    Other then the fact that you are not following BC guidelines I doubt you'd get forced off the road...

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Kootenays, BC
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    In a November 25 televised town hall meeting, B.C. Minister of Health Adrian Dix said there are 22 cases of COVID-19 in Revelstoke.
    https://www.revelstokemountaineer.co...in-revelstoke/
    Looks odds on that opening day will be very closely followed by closing day
    Guess my intel was spot on...

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Your asking for a friend right? As an Albertan, best advice is to back into all stalls, and pick stalls along the perimeter...
    Yeah, but BC uses front plates.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    21,427
    and can't travel now for 14 days due to covid.

    anyone want to do a fernie and back run and I'll pay?

    2 bikes in fernie,

    few boxes of poles in cranbrook.


  24. #99
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Beautiful BC
    Posts
    2,888
    Ouch. Hope you have lots of projects around the house.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Banff
    Posts
    21,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Ouch. Hope you have lots of projects around the house.
    yup, hoping to be released in a few days, but have to stay in province. waiting for test results


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •