Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    I think my January hut trip to Mt Carlyle is most likely a no go now. Minimal refund as well I think. Shit....
    GAH just pulled plug on early season trips fyi

reviewed the refund policy, full refund minus $500 covid admin fee so not that bad. One of the guys on the trip runs ER in Kelowna and said its blowing up there and to stay away. Shit.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    GAH just pulled plug on early season trips fyi
    Fark. I haven’t been contacted yet, but am presuming my Xmas - New Years trip into Sentry is done.

did GAH send out a note? Sentry Jan 9-16 ain't looking promising! Good thing another week later season is also on the books - fuck off 'vid!

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Fark. I haven’t been contacted yet, but am presuming my Xmas - New Years trip into Sentry is done.
    What days are you there? After christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    What days are you there? After christmas?
    Flying in on Boxing Day.

Sweet. I'm there the week before. Here's hoping the trips don't get canned.

Haven't been contacted for GAH Dec 16 trip either...

But my men's league hockey started back up.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

So far only trips during the current restriction period (up to Dec 7th) have been cancelled by GAH. If restrictions are lifted then it sounds like they will try and run trips. Most lodges aren't open so haven't had to address things yet (Sol might be the only other one?). Even though this does affect my group (Dec 4-8th) appreciate that they made the decision. Not sure every business would have made the same decision. Unless you are going with just your household it is hard to argue that several days together at a lodge isn't a social gathering. Also appreciate that they have a pretty nice refund policy - full credit for a future trip (or refund minus admin fee).

The reality is that this will be a tough year for lodges to stay open all year as restrictions may come and go in various canadian jurisdictions. I've got a few more trips on the books - hopefully at least some of them happen. Carlyle changed their refund policy within the last month btw. It was much more restrictive before (at least officially).

Kelowna has the majority of cases in IHA so not surprised the ED there is starting to see higher numbers coming through their department. Our cases have shot up in the last week (at least a dozen active at the moment) and lots of unconnected positives which isn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by goral View Post
    So far only trips during the current restriction period (up to Dec 7th) have been cancelled by GAH. If restrictions are lifted then it sounds like they will try and run trips. Most lodges aren't open so haven't had to address things yet (Sol might be the only other one?). Even though this does affect my group (Dec 4-8th) appreciate that they made the decision. Not sure every business would have made the same decision. Unless you are going with just your household it is hard to argue that several days together at a lodge isn't a social gathering. Also appreciate that they have a pretty nice refund policy - full credit for a future trip (or refund minus admin fee).

The reality is that this will be a tough year for lodges to stay open all year as restrictions may come and go in various canadian jurisdictions. I've got a few more trips on the books - hopefully at least some of them happen. Carlyle changed their refund policy within the last month btw. It was much more restrictive before (at least officially).

Kelowna has the majority of cases in IHA so not surprised the ED there is starting to see higher numbers coming through their department. Our cases have shot up in the last week (at least a dozen active at the moment) and lots of unconnected positives which isn't great.
    With the current uncertainty, Lodge owners are obviously in a very difficult position. I’ll be stoked if they can find a way to operate trips this year, but it’s seeming increasingly unlikely. A credit towards a future trip seems entirely fair under the circumstances.

any thoughts on how east BC ski towns are feeling about red plates? (fernie, cranbrook, invermere?)

I have a fat bike I ordered in fernie, and some ski poles in cranbrook to pick up

Would like to help with an answer but I’m in Whistler until the season starts at Kimbo so not exactly a role model in all this.

Park at the far end of the parking lot everywhere you go?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    any thoughts on how east BC ski towns are feeling about red plates? (fernie, cranbrook, invermere?)

I have a fat bike I ordered in fernie, and some ski poles in cranbrook to pick up
    Your asking for a friend right? As an Albertan, best advice is to back into all stalls, and pick stalls along the perimeter...

I would say you're fine, lots of red plates here on the weekend. What bike did you get?

We're Alberta friendly here for the most part. Always going to be some anti everything people though.

Only a few racers training at Pano now, they even had a Downhill race yesterday.

Rode my bike on hero dirt yesterday.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

In a November 25 televised town hall meeting, B.C. Minister of Health Adrian Dix said there are 22 cases of COVID-19 in Revelstoke.
    https://www.revelstokemountaineer.co...in-revelstoke/
    Looks odds on that opening day will be very closely followed by closing day

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    I would say you're fine, lots of red plates here on the weekend. What bike did you get?
    basic blizzard 10. I dont like fat biking, but I prefer it to not skiing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    In a November 25 televised town hall meeting, B.C. Minister of Health Adrian Dix said there are 22 cases of COVID-19 in Revelstoke.
    Revys mayor is coming up on cbc radio to discuss fyi.

I always thought Eastern BC was Alberta friendly... especially since they are on 'Alberta' time lol!

mntlion

Other then the fact that you are not following BC guidelines I doubt you'd get forced off the road...

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Guess my intel was spot on...

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Your asking for a friend right? As an Albertan, best advice is to back into all stalls, and pick stalls along the perimeter...
    Yeah, but BC uses front plates.

and can't travel now for 14 days due to covid.

anyone want to do a fernie and back run and I'll pay?

2 bikes in fernie,

few boxes of poles in cranbrook.

Ouch. Hope you have lots of projects around the house.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Ouch. Hope you have lots of projects around the house.
    yup, hoping to be released in a few days, but have to stay in province. waiting for test results