Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19
    Let's get real- the only people getting Covid at a ski resort is the 18-20 year old kids working there that are all f'ning and partying. Haven't heard a single case of a skier using a resort and getting covid or spreading it to someone else. You hippies need to get a grip. Building a wall to keep tourism out of your town is not happening and for every person who has a problem with it there is 5 others living in town that want the business...You need to adapt not hide in a cave. Covid is not going to disappear. Its will be similar to YellowFever. You will need the vaccination to live there or travel there and if You live in a zone where it is then you will need a vacination to be there.....This isn't new to the world but its new to people that live under rocks...

Quote Originally Posted by splitlit View Post

Four, while I appreciate the sarcasm, even talking about keying someone's car is fucked.
    Then I guess you didn't appreciate the sarcasm. Mellow the fuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Strongly disagree. No difference. Costco is as busy as a store gets. Going to a zone with high numbers of Covid touching carts, products bagging, boxing and being inside with them in a air controlled environment is way higher risk than a bunch of outsiders coming to your ski hill, skiing outside and staying within there bubble....way less direct contacts....
    I haven’t been myself, but I thought Costco was making people line up outside and only letting something like 50 customers in at a time. Has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    I haven’t been myself, but I thought Costco was making people line up outside and only letting something like 50 customers in at a time. Has that changed?
    At the beginning of all this that was the case... definitely more than 50 people, but it was a civilized and pleasant experience in there for a change.

I haven't been in a while but I hadn't seen lineups since early summer. They would do things like limit the number of people in the refrigerated veggie area, which would create a clusterfuck of people who can't keep apart just outside that.

It's been the usual Costco chaos since summer.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Fuck am I glad I've managed to steer my wife away from that consumer cult icon. Only way to save money there is to spend it on stuff you have to rationalize you need right now.

Maybe if the canuck costcos carried booze. Otherwise I am happy to keep my membership dollars and shop the major grocery chains that for basic grocery necessities, the cost is very near the same. Even their great gas prices are tempered by the 30min spent idling in the line to save $0.02/litre.

I remember the day you needed a business account to shop there. Been downhill since they opened the door to the unwashed and obese masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evil View Post
    My local Costco still has crowd control and staff outside. It's more than 50 but they have all the tills open so there aren't lineups like the old days. It's 60+ from 8am - 9am which is great for old farts like me.

I mainly stock up on assorted meats since Costco prices are so much cheaper.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Fuck am I glad I've managed to steer my wife away from that consumer cult icon. Only way to save money there is to spend it on stuff you have to rationalize you need right now.

Maybe if the canuck costcos carried booze. Otherwise I am happy to keep my membership dollars and shop the major grocery chains that for basic grocery necessities, the cost is very near the same. Even their great gas prices are tempered by the 30min spent idling in the line to save $0.02/litre.

I remember the day you needed a business account to shop there. Been downhill since they opened the door to the unwashed and obese masses.
    We use it occasionally and not in the way you're describing... mostly groceries but they are also way cheaper for other stuff like my floor jack and new car batteries, etc.

And they do have Costco liquor... at least in Alberta. And you don't need a membership to shop there. Prices are good if they have what you're looking for and you want a lot of it.

I don't line up for gas much but sometimes they're like 12 cents less than the locals and sometimes there's no line... I go then.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Liquor on the shelf? No membership required to walk through the front door, let along the check-out? Did AB secede from the dominion and I missed it? Or is Kamloops in some sort of alternate reality?
    Then again, its been some time since I dropped my wife off with a card carrying family member at the gates of shopping purgatory...

It’s more like a Costco liquor store attached to the main building, but is self contained with it’s own separate entrance.

Golf clap for the realization that idots, north or south of the demarcation, are the true winners. They just don't bitch as much across the line. So soorrry.

It appears as lots of people are saying fuck you to the no travel request for the long weekend. Pano strata parkades are full and Town is crazy busy....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

banff feeling busy today too.

fam day long weekend + V-day + cold snap ending + resturants re-opening + sunny = busy.

Fernie was opposite this weekend. It was a ghost town both on and off the ski hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCreekChad View Post
    Fernie was opposite this weekend. It was a ghost town both on and off the ski hill.
    On Family Day weekend? that's.... surprising!

The hill might have been quite due to the cold temps, but town felt busy (at least Saturday afternoon when I was out), and lots of cars around the trailheads (i.e. parking near the Montane barn was overflowing onto the road).

it was busyish, we noticed all the outdoor ski racks were full (no idea where people are going but we did see some tailgating in the parking lots) and heaven forbid there were line ups at haulback, boom and bear at some points of the day
    store was kinda busy especially for anything that could keep you warm
    definitely not a normal fam day weekend, I know a lot of people are staying for the week due to school break depending on their school district
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Fernie is down to 2 COVID cases

https://tourismfernie.com/news/coronavirus-covid-19

Ontario plummeting too, so is Canada in general, and frankly the rest of the world too it looks like. Seasonality causing a reduction in respiratory transmission, people don't really have a reason to get together and see extended family, and vaccines no doubt having an effect. Things are looking better.

Of course, now we're supposed to be afraid of the new variants, so there's that. Funny how every time we seem to turn one corner, there are news articles with 'experts' to warn us of the impending doom that just appeared on the horizon. Oh well, ski on!

COVID-19 cases are falling all over the world - G&M article.

In the past six weeks, the number of new coronavirus infections reported globally has dropped nearly by half, from about five million the first week of January to about 2.7 million last week. Worldwide, overall daily case tallies are the lowest they’ve been since October, according to the World Health Organization.
    “We need to understand what is driving those transmission dynamics,” Mike Ryan, head of the WHO’s health emergencies program, told a news conference Monday. “Is it the natural seasonality and wave-like pattern of the disease? Are we building a level of immunity in the population that’s preventing the disease finding the next case? And are control measures having an impact on that? I think all of the above, to an extent, are true.”
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.