Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Sad but glad to see you Canucks arguing about the same shit as us yokels from 'Merica. This virus is going to mutate (it has, it will again) and we will live with this coronavirus just like we do the other known coronavirus strains and rhinovirus strains.

The sooner everyone accepts this simple fact and moves on with their normal lives the better. A vaccine is out and available.

Its the same but at the same time different and it alwasy is
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...emic-1.5878835

'I've been on the influenza beat for 20 years and I've never seen anything like this,' BCCDC expert says

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    ^^
    From what I can gather, Northern Health 7 day moving average is 16%. We're not doing that great up here.
    edit gwat - re 20% positivity rate..
    After I posed the question I went digging.
    So 20% isn’t off the charts...relatively.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...emic-1.5878835

'I've been on the influenza beat for 20 years and I've never seen anything like this,' BCCDC expert says
    But but but the "MAHRIGHTS" camp say's this mask thing I wear and keeping my distance, and washing ma hands don't work. Oh wait it does.

FRREEEEEEDUUUUUMMMB

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    But but but the "MAHRIGHTS" camp say's this mask thing I wear and keeping my distance, and washing ma hands don't work. Oh wait it does.
    And vaccines, too! Remember hearing a lot of "ThE fLu VaCcInE dOeSn'T eVeN wOrK!!!!" from these knobs.

The treeplanting season started right at the beginning of the pandemic, everybody had to 100% on board with Covid protocol or nobody was gona make any money, not only was there no covid there was no sickness of any kind

Usually at least 2 people are sick at any given time in a planting camp but last spring there was none of the usual flu/cold/ gastro-intestinal stuff that races thru a camp,

so at the end of 14 days in a remote camp they were totally disease free so everybody planted lots of trees which = mo money for everyone as a camp owner told me

no passing around a bottle of tequila or sharing reefers around the fire at night

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Sad but glad to see you Canucks arguing about the same shit as us yokels from 'Merica. This virus is going to mutate (it has, it will again) and we will live with this coronavirus just like we do the other known coronavirus strains and rhinovirus strains.

The sooner everyone accepts this simple fact and moves on with their normal lives the better. A vaccine is out and available.
    I used the Canadian vaccine tool to see where I would be in the lineup...there is somewhere between 15 and 25 million people ahead of me in line. (Population of Canada ~35MM) And I turned 59 yesterday.

Unlike the US, more challenging to jump the queue here in Canada with simply ponying up cash. Lots of articles of eastern Canadians flying to Florida to get the vaccine and short circuit the Canadian priority lists...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    I used the Canadian vaccine tool to see where I would be in the lineup...there is somewhere between 15 and 25 million people ahead of me in line. (Population of Canada ~35MM) And I turned 59 yesterday.

Unlike the US, more challenging to jump the queue here in Canada with simply ponying up cash. Lots of articles of eastern Canadians flying to Florida to get the vaccine and short circuit the Canadian priority lists...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I didn't know there was such a tool and I'm not sure if you used the same one I just found, but at 44 it put between 11 and 22 million people in front of me... that's odd.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I didn't know there was such a tool and I'm not sure if you used the same one I just found, but at 44 it put between 11 and 22 million people in front of me... that's odd.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7...152.1611106570
    Denmark study,1.8%of mask users got covid and 2.1%of non mask wearers got covid.

https://www.thelancet.com/article/S0...142-9/fulltext

Larger scale but the difference between mask no mask was around 11%.
    In close quarters where space is limited and for health care professionals who are trained in proper use of masks yes it helps. General population not so much.

Best defense is distancing.

Again I'm not trying to convince anyone to do anything that they don't believe in.
    Thats it for me, I'm out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Denmark study,1.8%of mask users got covid and 2.1%of non mask wearers got covid.

In close quarters where space is limited and for health care professionals who are trained in proper use of masks yes it helps. General population not so much.

Again I'm not trying to convince anyone to do anything that they don't believe in.

Yeah we know, they don't do shit. It's all a clever ruse by the stonemasons.

Of course there's also the obvious fact that when you wear something covering your food-hole you don't spray spit all over the place when you talk/laugh/sing/cough/sneeze which would take a lot of selective googling to convince me has no effect on the transmission of contagious viruses or bacteria.

I kinda want this mask shit to continue forever, tbh. At least during cold and flu season. Not getting so much as a cold in a year now has really shown me how disgusting we all really are.

So rough numbers.

You want to sacrifice 14,000 people in BC for your right to naked-face the world?

5 million folks in BC. If 11% more get COVID in a MAHRIGHTS world = 550,000 extra cases. Even forgetting that 18% of those will end up in ICU and 3.5% on ventilators (we don't have 20,000 ventilators my friend)- 14,000 extra British Columbians will die

Current mortality rate:
    https://health-infobase.canada.ca/sr...-Canada.ca.pdf .

If we are going to kill off a small BC City - I pick Terrace.

If you are right - the increase is only say a third of that - which BC town will you choose to kill so you can go maskless? Rossland kinda has it comin' dont ya think? All up there pretending not to be Trail!

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I kinda want this mask shit to continue forever, tbh. At least during cold and flu season. Not getting so much as a cold in a year now has really shown me how disgusting we all really are.
    there's a reason why it's standard practice in many densely populated asian countries

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post

If we are going to kill off a small BC City - I pick Terrace.

If you are right - the increase is only say a third of that - which BC town will you choose to kill so you can go maskless? Rossland kinda has it comin' dont ya think? All up there pretending not to be Trail!
    HEy what did Terrace do to you?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    HEy what did Terrace do to you?
    How about - They built one of the ugliest towns in one of the most amazing places in the world ? If any place needs a “do over” !

I kid - I am just trying to keep the rivalry going for the good of moral! I love and respect my western cousins.

First time in Terrace was 2000, I remember getting out of the truck an looking around at them snow covered mountains surrounding Terrace and thinking holy fuck if this was colorado there would be million $ teardown bungalows/ coffee bars & climbing gyms on every corner/ movie-star-gurls in ugg boots

but its terrace so here is a couple wearing matching starter jackets eh

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Rossland kinda has it comin' dont ya think? All up there pretending not to be Trail!
    HA!

So did they figure out how to shut down their borders and keep the infected easterners out, or not?

So did they figure out how to shut down their borders and keep the infected easterners out, or not?
    You calling Albertans 'easterners'? Them's fighting words

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    First time in Terrace was 2000, I remember getting out of the truck an looking around at them snow covered mountains surrounding Terrace and thinking holy fuck if this was colorado there would be million $ teardown bungalows/ coffee bars & climbing gyms on every corner/ movie-star-gurls in ugg boots

but its terrace so here is a couple wearing matching starter jackets eh
    As a Colorado guy, I loled.

For better or worse, Bonnie Henry has wherever possible advocated a “Nudge” rather than enforce strategy to public persuasion. With BC’s numbers perhaps having crested, it seems unlikely we’re going to see any significant change.

Yeah we know, they don't do shit. It's all a clever ruse by the stonemasons.

Of course there's also the obvious fact that when you wear something covering your food-hole you don't spray spit all over the place when you talk/laugh/sing/cough/sneeze which would take a lot of selective googling to convince me has no effect on the transmission of contagious viruses or bacteria.

Or people could just stay the fuck home when they and or their kids are sick instead of continuing on with normal life and spreading their sickness around....

Or people could just stay the fuck home when they and or their kids are sick instead of continuing on with normal life and spreading their sickness around....

You do realize that there is a period BEFORE you know you're sick where you can spread things?

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    You do realize that there is a period BEFORE you know you're sick where you can spread things?
    In fact, you can even be infected with the flu (and other stuff, too!) and spread it around without ever experiencing any symptoms whatsoever. Mind-blowing!