Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Lange XT3 140

Got the Atomic XTD professional liners in my XT3 140s. Fucking great. Skis awesome. Skied a few days with some short tours out of the resort. Costs significantly less than zipfits and I won’t have to keep boomeranging back to a shop for more cork to dial in the fit.

Lange XT3 140

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Got the Atomic XTD professional liners in my XT3 140s. Fucking great. Skis awesome. Skied a few days with some short tours out of the resort. Costs significantly less than zipfits and I won’t have to keep boomeranging back to a shop for more cork to dial in the fit.
    $175 for second hand zips and a fistful of cork.
    $350 all in for the best travel boot I’ve ever had.
    Won’t break down like foam.
    Last edited by jackattack; 03-06-2024 at 09:21 AM.

I’ve tried the atomic pro mimic liner. they got nothing on zipfits for me at least.

but if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    I’ve tried the atomic pro mimic liner. they got nothing on zipfits for me at least.

but if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
    The foam injection ones? For me they were a clear upgrade over zipfits. Mold once, good to go. Better hold than the zipfit cork provides. Not knocking on Zipfits they are awesome, but came out to be close to $150 cheaper than a new pair of zip fits.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    $175 for second hand zips and a fistful of cork.
    $350 all in for the best travel boot I’ve ever had.
    Won’t break down like foam.
    I don’t know if I’m down with second hand liners. Might move from the frugal to icky category for me. Same with helmets/goggles, gloves, and base/midlayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    What have you all done for your initial fit?
    Skied them.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

I don’t know if I’m down with second hand liners. Might move from the frugal to icky category for me. Same with helmets/goggles, gloves, and base/midlayers.
    A lot of people buy stuff and barely use it. They’re not underwear or bike shorts.

The foam injection ones? For me they were a clear upgrade over zipfits. Mold once, good to go. Better hold than the zipfit cork provides. Not knocking on Zipfits they are awesome, but came out to be close to $150 cheaper than a new pair of zip fits.

the foam will be great for 50-75 days and then you will be on to another pair and by that time you will have spent more then zips. And the zips will last 500+ days. You are losing money after your first pair are shot.

I have about a dozen days in a pair of these now (I have 130s, not 140s, but same difference).

Overall I like the way they fit and ski, and accept the way they tour (I will be swapping the liner for something lighter and with more rearward flex at some point) especially after swapping the upper buckle ladders for some donors from a Cochise (that have a longer extension clip thingy for touring). Two issues that have been bugging me though. Probably already addressed in this thread but I haven't read all 11 pages.

1) the walk/ski mode ices up all the fucking time and won't go into ski mode. Specifically, it jams into that little slot. I've figured out how to clear it with a pole but it's an annoyance I'd rather not have, anyone have a solution here?

2) the soles are very thin in the toe and stepping into all my tech bindings is way more difficult than any other boot I've owned because the binding pins want to clamp above the inserts. It's really bad on my G3 Ions and Zeds, better on my Salomon Mtn Pins. Yes, I know the whole roll from one side blah blah blah, I've been skiing tech bindings for nearly 15 years, as I said no other boot has given me any issues. What tech bindings play well with these, especially in the "light-ish but full featured" category?

re tech toes: I'm happy with the MTN compatibility, though most often I'm in the xt-tour boot. The Vipec/Tecton toe works really well. The CAST toe is a PITA, it must be designed to accommodate some super high stack sole.