Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lange XT3 140

Lange XT3 140

I'll admit I haven't tried Lange in a long time. Last boot I was considering buying was the RS 130.

Since then I've been in the Salomon QuestMax 130, Atomic Tracker 130, and currently the Tecnica Cochise 130.

I've searched and found some information regarding the XT3 130s, so I assume that the XT3 140 will be similar. Anyone actually gotten this boot on their foot and have some insight into how this thing fits, feels, and how stiff it is laterally? Kinda hoping this can be a replacement to my Cochise, but I've been disappointed with Rossignol's 130 touring boot, so I'm not getting my hopes super high.

Mine is somewhere still stuck on a boat supposedly... thanksgiving week or first week of dec. but I’m stoked on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to one of the threads on here it’s an XT3 130 with a different liner and power strap.

It has nothing to do with a Rossi 130. Different boot in every sense. Personally I think the regular 130 skied better than any of the three boots you mentioned. The flex does start out softer than the Cochise however, but ramps up smoothly.

xt3 discussion took over a few pages here.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...res-etc/page23

Probably should have started a new thread so folks like yourself could better find info.

Lange XT3 140

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    According to one of the threads on here it’s an XT3 130 with a different liner and power strap.

It has nothing to do with a Rossi 130. Different boot in every sense. Personally I think the regular 130 skied better than any of the three boots you mentioned. The flex does start out softer than the Cochise however, but ramps up smoothly.
    The 140 Pro has Grilamid in the shell as well if I’m not mistaken, whereas the 130 has the standard PU. I’ve heard the 140 feels quite a bit stiffer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by willgoelz View Post
    The 140 Pro has Grilamid in the shell as well if I’m not mistaken, whereas the 130 has the standard PU.
    not your fault because the marketing copy all got published with that but click on the linked thread and you'll see its been confirmed 140 is definitely PU

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    not your fault because the marketing copy all got published with that but click on the linked thread and you'll see its been confirmed 140 is definitely PU
    Huh, thanks for the info

I tried both on one foot at a time in the shop. Couldn't really tell a difference between the two. But it was a warm shop so YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Which is sad because they used stiffer plastic for the XT Free 140 (vs XT Free 130). I know it's dumb to assume, but I definitely bought mine with the assumption the plastic was stiffer in the XT3 140, especially because the product book originally had different plastic listed. Because otherwise, why spend the extra money when I'm going to replace the liner and power strap anyway?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I tried to buy a pair of the 140's and was told there were only 2 in the country so I pulled the trigger on the 130. I also went round and round on the grilamid versus PU discussion, and it's clear even folks at Lange don't have their story straight. Blister confirmed through their sources that the 140 was in fact PU and not grilamid, but perhaps only for this season? Anyway, I've been on the RS 140 boot for several seasons now and it's clearly a 130 with a different liner so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did the same shit with the XT3 140. All that said the XT3 130 seems plenty rigid enough for it's intended purpose and I'm fine with it as it the closest thing yet to the holy grail of boots.
    Who cares how the crow flies

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    Blister confirmed through their sources that the 140 was in fact PU and not grilamid, but perhaps only for this season?
    My Lange source says they originally used Grilamid in a few pairs of 140's and wrote the copy for ISPO with that info, then changed their mind and went with PU for the production model.

All the tech specifics line up with what I've researched. Should be dual-shell for the materials, no grillamid. 140 should have the race model liner with a higher density foam and more moldability, but probably heavier.

Supposedly they also thin out the plastics on the XT3 series in comparison to their other dual-shell boots.

If the fit does exceed something like the cochise, I'll be stoked on this boot. My problem with langes in the past is that even though they advertise a substantial heel hold, I've always struggled to keep my heel locked down in their boots, and I think it's been due to the volume around my ankle, not the actual heel pocket.

This is coming from trying on original XT boots when they first started coming out though. If this boot does have a race liner in addition to some design and volume adjustments to fit like an actual LV boot, maybe I'll find my unicorn.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    All the tech specifics line up with what I've researched. Should be dual-shell for the materials, no grillamid. 140 should have the race model liner with a higher density foam and more moldability, but probably heavier.

Supposedly they also thin out the plastics on the XT3 series in comparison to their other dual-shell boots.

If the fit does exceed something like the cochise, I'll be stoked on this boot. My problem with langes in the past is that even though they advertise a substantial heel hold, I've always struggled to keep my heel locked down in their boots, and I think it's been due to the volume around my ankle, not the actual heel pocket.

This is coming from trying on original XT boots when they first started coming out though. If this boot does have a race liner in addition to some design and volume adjustments to fit like an actual LV boot, maybe I'll find my unicorn.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    I went with the 130 for that assumed reason. When I saw no plastic change between models, I thought the 140 would go a little heavier and just be a different liner and strap, which is exactly what it’s looking like. I already planned on zipfits for them and a booster depending on the flex. So I’m not gonna buy a 140 to just tear all the shit off.

Sent from my iPhone using SuckMyDickJerry

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I went with the 130 for that assumed reason ... I already planned on zipfits for them and a booster depending on the flex. So I’m not gonna buy a 140 to just tear all the shit off.
    Exact same setup! Although I do have the RS 140's and of course there is the "cool factor" of having the number 140 stamped on he boot even though it's still just a 130. Pfft.

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    Exact same setup! Although I do have the RS 140's and of course there is the "cool factor" of having the number 140 stamped on he boot even though it's still just a 130. Pfft.
    I miss my old plug boots... not the feel of course but the “you can flex those?!” factor. There was something about that matte black plastic with just the red N on the heel that said get the fuck outta my way... I don’t even think I could get into the fuckers today let alone flex them.... ahhh the days of anabolic roids.

Anyone get a foot in the XT3 in a 120 flex? Not sure I need the 130 flex, esp. if they really, truly are a 130.

Fav past boot has been the Falcon X2 (110-120ish?) depending on liner etc. the magic with those was the smooth/progressive flex, not necessarily stiffness.

Thoughts?

Spray paint them red, throw a couple Redbull stickers on them, and call it a 170 flex. Basically what boot manufacturers do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Spray paint them red, throw a couple Redbull stickers on them, and call it a 170 flex. Basically what boot manufacturers do anyway.
    Haha! Too true.

Is it too much to ask boot manufacturers for some sort of standardized flex numbers... probably.

Just ordered a pair of 140's. Guess I'll report back.

Hello all

Can anyone confirm that the long xt3 130 is a little shorter in length? Compared to a nordica strider or salomon shift?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceans View Post
    Hello all

Can anyone confirm that the long xt3 130 is a little shorter in length? Compared to a nordica strider or salomon shift?
    Thanks
    Hello you
    My xt3 130 is a 313mm in a 27.5 and feels like a 320 compared to my first chair 10 full tilt that is a 310 27.5. I don’t have the LV. The xt3 feels roomy. The liner is nice and I’m going to try it before I put my wraps in the boot. The ROM is really good and smooth. And it feels like a 130 flex boot. I hope it skis like one.

Yeah; I’m wondering how the flex and last on a XT3 130 LV compares to a RX130 LV...

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Yeah; I’m wondering how the flex and last on a XT3 130 LV compares to a RX130 LV...
    I had a rs130w on my left and a xt3 on my right and they felt pretty close. Not the same. But close.

Quote Originally Posted by oceans View Post
    Hello all

Thanks
    Internal or external length?

I have RS140's and the XT3 140 and I'd say that the XT is just ever so slightly shorter, which makes sense given the BSL of the RS140 is 336mm and the XT3 is 333mm.