Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Lange XT3 140

It always amazes me to see people bitch about taking ski boots off on this forum... you sound like my mother.

There are always compromises. Figure out how to deal with it. Leave the liner on your foot and pull it out of the shell if you think it’s hard to take off. What’s more important? Fit and performance or Ease of entry and exit?

Data point: I don’t think the heel of the zero g is as tight as Lange free tour LV green ones), Vulcans or Lange rx130lvs. I’ve got tour wraps in the zgtp and will likely need some kind of padding to lock things down. I suspect I’d have preferred the xtd when it comes to fitting my narrow heel, low volume foot/ankle but I got the zgtps super cheap and will make them work.

^^^
    Good info and my deal on Lange is significantly better

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Data point: I don’t think the heel of the zero g is as tight as Lange free tour LV green ones), Vulcans or Lange rx130lvs. I’ve got tour wraps in the zgtp and will likely need some kind of padding to lock things down. I suspect I’d have preferred the xtd when it comes to fitting my narrow heel, low volume foot/ankle but I got the zgtps super cheap and will make them work.
    I don’t know if it’s the boot. I just pulled my stock Lange liner and did a tour wrap MV and I lost heel lock that my tongue liner had. But my feet are a ton warmer. So now after doing that I’m thinking the move is to just run two liners. My Lange liner for long tours and then use the intuition at the mtn on the lifts. I’m also wishing I had just done a regular power wrap now.

Good point. Don’t love tongue liners so haven’t tried stock zgtp but have my doubts given that they’re thinner than tour wrap. Will give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    It always amazes me to see people bitch about taking ski boots off on this forum... you sound like my mother.

There are always compromises. Figure out how to deal with it. Leave the liner on your foot and pull it out of the shell if you think it’s hard to take off. What’s more important? Fit and performance or Ease of entry and exit?
    Does your mom wear size 13 street shoes but cram her foot into an 11.5 ski boot while having limited dorsiflexion and multiple other issues that make any and all boots painful to get into? Then she has a right to complain just like everyone else. And yeah, we deal with it, for the performance aspect, but that doesn’t mean we can’t bitch about it. These boots are more difficult to get in and out of for me than the 20 or so other boots I’ve owned, so they are on that side of the spectrum. My comments are to give that perspective to other people considering the boots.

Geez, it was just an observation. No need to get your panties all wadded up... And I did state I really like how they ski and fit once on so, there's that. Lighten up, Francis.

Is she in a Hawx Ultra XTD?

Anyone have a line on gripwalk soles for the XTs? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian.bee View Post
    Anyone have a line on gripwalk soles for the XTs? Can't seem to find them anywhere.
    Which XT? There are three GripWalk soles - regular, non-tech XT, XT Free/XT3 with pins, XT Free without arch pad plus a WTR sole for the 16-17 XT Freetour (no GripWalk for that year).

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Which XT? There are three GripWalk soles - regular, non-tech XT, XT Free/XT3 with pins, XT Free without arch pad plus a WTR sole for the 16-17 XT Freetour (no GripWalk for that year).
    This is probably why my dumbass can't figure out what I need. This is the actual photo of my boot sole.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	et6yIrS.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	363723

This is probably why my dumbass can't figure out what I need. This is the actual photo of my boot sole.
    Check your PM's . . .

If they are just gong to sit in a drawer, I'l take your alpine soles that you remove. PM me if you willing to mail them to me. I burn through a bunch of these each season.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Does your mom wear size 13 street shoes but cram her foot into an 11.5 ski boot while having limited dorsiflexion and multiple other issues that make any and all boots painful to get into? Then she has a right to complain just like everyone else. And yeah, we deal with it, for the performance aspect, but that doesn’t mean we can’t bitch about it. These boots are more difficult to get in and out of for me than the 20 or so other boots I’ve owned, so they are on that side of the spectrum. My comments are to give that perspective to other people considering the boots.
    How true, and with arthritis in my first metatarsal, big toe, especially painful.

I switched to hoji free, and it's easy to get in and out and it skis better, stiffer and a good liner.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Leave the liner on your foot and pull it out of the shell if you think it’s hard to take off.
    Have you personally tried this with the XT3? The liner catches on the rubber overlapping the walk mode. Happens with both intuitions and leather lace-up from my plug boots.

Personally I find the XT3 harder to get on/off than my plug boots (provided they're both reasonably warm).
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

When i have the langes and slept in my car, like for Shasta, i would take the liners out, then stick a hot nalgene in the shell, for 10 minutes, then they were ready to put in. Otherwise, impossible.

Good point. Don’t love tongue liners so haven’t tried stock zgtp but have my doubts given that they’re thinner than tour wrap. Will give it a shot
    So, yeah, the heel hold is better with the stock liner, but man alive the stock liner is annoying in comfort and skiability in other ways. You know how it feels when hot shower water hits sunburned skin? That's how about 30% of my feet felt after a long day in the stock liner. Doesn't happen w/tour wraps.

So, yeah, the heel hold is better with the stock liner, but man alive the stock liner is annoying in comfort and skiability in other ways. You know how it feels when hot shower water hits sunburned skin? That's how about 30% of my feet felt after a long day in the stock liner. Doesn't happen w/tour wraps.
    Strange. Sounds just like the Lange and the liners in them. Great heel hold but cold and not comfortable. Tour wrap is the opposite. Toasty warm and comfy, but heel hold sucks. I was scouring the interwebs and saw someone talking about using a power wrap for touring instead because there is more volume around the ankle to start in the power wrap.

I toured this morning in my stock liners, and then skied in my tour wraps this afternoon and it was amazing.....

But my XT3 tour pros will be here tomorrow I believe so hopefully there is a decent liner in those.

Day 1 on these today. Got the LV. Coming from XTfree pro LV. Both with the same Zipfits.
    This is a much better boot. Walks significantly better. Skis more powerful, especially rearward support. Also it’s blue.
    I’m already having the issue some mentioned of it flicking itself out of walk mode to ski mode en walking. Any solutions yet?? Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    Day 1 on these today. Got the LV. Coming from XTfree pro LV. Both with the same Zipfits.
    This is a much better boot. Walks significantly better. Skis more powerful, especially rearward support. Also it’s blue.
    I’m already having the issue some mentioned of it flicking itself out of walk mode to ski mode en walking. Any solutions yet?? Thx.
    Loosen your upper cuff. That’s all I’ve found.

So is the walk-mode being modified for next season? Or will it be the exact same boot?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    So is the walk-mode being modified for next season? Or will it be the exact same boot?
    same same as of this moment, I'd bet all the boots for 2022 are made already
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    When i have the langes and slept in my car, like for Shasta, i would take the liners out, then stick a hot nalgene in the shell, for 10 minutes, then they were ready to put in. Otherwise, impossible.

Put hand warmers between the overlaps of the lower cuff, right at the bend of the ankle. Boots will go on like butter. When done, put the hand warmers in a ziplock bag and squish out all the air. The hand warmers can be reused for a week with this technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    Have you noticed a difference in fit between these and the xt free lv?

Back from 7 days in the Eastern Sierras and just wanted to say that I love this boot - by far the best AT boot I've ever skied. It skis like a real boot, and I'll gladly schlep the extra weight up hill for the downhill performance it delivers.

I also use zipfits and the walk mechanism reverting back to ski mode is really a non-issue as long as you have the upper cuff loose (buckle flipped open with the bail on the touring slot and power/booster strap completely loose). I thought I would miss the ability to have the cuff buckled yet still in walk mode (e.g. Dynafit Vulcan with a bungee knot to block the buckle from going in the hole), but it never felt loose or sloppy in technical terrain.

FWIW I had a pair of XT free LV's when they first came out and they didn't seem to feel 'exactly' like the same fit as my RS/RX's, but these do.
    Who cares how the crow flies