Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Lange XT3 140

Thank you for the information, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Don't call the rep. Have your local shop contact Groupe Rossignol Customer Service in Park City and order part #LVGLDH0 (KIT DIN MMTL SOLES 17/18 FREE).
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    thanks
    For whatever reason, when your order each sole block piece is counted separately; a 'kit' for one pair of boots will list quantity as "4" . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Go to barry at village sports when he's back in November and get a zip fit. Takes the boot to a whole new level.
    How’s the walk mode with a zip fit liner?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    How’s the walk mode with a zip fit liner?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Not great, but not bad IMO. Skis way better though.

Finally got my foot in a pair today of the 130 LV, found the instep to be too low for my liking. Bummer was hoping this to be THE boot for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Finally got my foot in a pair today of the 130 LV, found the instep to be too low for my liking. Bummer was hoping this to be THE boot for me.

Did you try a different liner in it, to see if it was just an issue of needing to pack out foam/or trim excess fabric? I normally try a boot with my old liner first, to confirm it truly is the plastic, not the fabric/foam.

^^this. I have well above average instep height. Intuition wraps FTW

Also I’m in 28 shell when my foot measures 283mm. LV mold still giving me desired snug fit without sizing down. That and this version has removable and grindable boot boards easy way to pick up a few mm of needed height

I’ll step into your 140’s when they arrive AFKA…

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Not great, but not bad IMO. Skis way better though.
    Yeah, I'd say that it skis so much better with the zips that it's worth the slight decrease in walk-ability. The biggest issue I have is the zipfits tend to put the wedge back into ski mode unless you totally unbuckle - wide open with nothing latched.
    Who cares how the crow flies

I did last winter. With a tour wrap. It was good. I still bought a xt3 tour pro and I have some pink panthers I got my hands on. So now I have three boots. But will still use my XT3 primarily I guess.

For anyone who has been able to ski both the XT3 130 LV and the XT3 140 Pro, is the "race" liner in the Pro model a worthy upgrade? Assuming you are going to actually use the stock liner, is it worth paying an extra $50+ for the liner upgrade? I would like to have the cam-lock power strap as well, which would save buying a booster strap. Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by garuda View Post
    For anyone who has been able to ski both the XT3 130 LV and the XT3 140 Pro, is the "race" liner in the Pro model a worthy upgrade? Assuming you are going to actually use the stock liner, is it worth paying an extra $50+ for the liner upgrade? I would like to have the cam-lock power strap as well, which would save buying a booster strap. Thanks for any input.
    normally you can acquire the cam lock strap at a ski shop that specializes in race boots, they take them off all the time and replace them with boosters. It will be the RS color though usually or sometimes you get lucky. I haven’t skied the 140 liner but I put my foot in it and it doesn’t see to be that much different. My RS140 liners aren’t that much nicer. I’d just buy the 130 and get a left over cam lock strap and then put a aftermarket liner in them.

Selling some Lange XT3 140's soon. sz 29.5. PM if anyone is interested. Pretty lightly used.

Can anyone make a comparison to the
    Cochise 130 2022 in terms of fit and flex? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceans View Post
    Can anyone make a comparison to the
    Cochise 130 2022 in terms of fit and flex? Thanks
    Cochise more space in every direction and softer flexing forward

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Selling some Lange XT3 140's soon. sz 29.5. PM if anyone is interested. Pretty lightly used.
    PM sent. What are you moving to?

Thanks. ok, so as expected. Kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    PM sent. What are you moving to?
    Replied. I moved to Some Lupo HDs. They are ok. Langes ski better but the start and end of the day are miserable.

Stupid question, but what alpine Salomon bindings can I use these with? I’m basically wondering if I need to replace all my STH2.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    Stupid question, but what alpine Salomon bindings can I use these with? I’m basically wondering if I need to replace all my STH2.
    Either one should work with GW or WTR soles I believe. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220210_161037.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	406613

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    STH2s are officially GW compatible as of a few years ago. Or you can get the alpine sole blocks for the XT3 if you want.

Thank you both. I’ve done a poor job of keeping up with standards, plus you have the random official boots that don’t work and the unofficial hacks.

I have a non-pin predecessor of this boot that I really like and I’m thinking it might be time to get off frame bindings.

Has anyone skied the XT3 130 in traditional pin binding/tech toe (a la ATK Freeraider)? Spent a season on the XT3's as my primary boot for resort and short tours and they are basically a perfect boot for a CAST system/sidecountry. Next year I'm planning on building a lighter setup for longer days and trying to decide if should look into a 'real' touring boot or stick with the XT3

Quote Originally Posted by Mynx_Butticus View Post
    Has anyone skied the XT3 130 in traditional pin binding/tech toe (a la ATK Freeraider)? Spent a season on the XT3's as my primary boot for resort and short tours and they are basically a perfect boot for a CAST system/sidecountry. Next year I'm planning on building a lighter setup for longer days and trying to decide if should look into a 'real' touring boot or stick with the XT3
    do you want a lighter boot? get a lighter boot. pins don't care.