Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Lange XT3 140

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    Back from 7 days in the Eastern Sierras and just wanted to say that I love this boot - by far the best AT boot I've ever skied. It skis like a real boot, and I'll gladly schlep the extra weight up hill for the downhill performance it delivers.

I also use zipfits and the walk mechanism reverting back to ski mode is really a non-issue as long as you have the upper cuff loose (buckle flipped open with the bail on the touring slot and power/booster strap completely loose). I thought I would miss the ability to have the cuff buckled yet still in walk mode (e.g. Dynafit Vulcan with a bungee knot to block the buckle from going in the hole), but it never felt loose or sloppy in technical terrain.

FWIW I had a pair of XT free LV's when they first came out and they didn't seem to feel 'exactly' like the same fit as my RS/RX's, but these do.

This is super interesting. I have the Lange rx 130 lv and it’s by far the best alpine boot I’ve used and fits perfectly.

Also have the xt free lv pro model (the version right before the xt3 came out). To me they seem to fit the same. I’m not a fan of the griamid lower shell.

Are you sure the xt3 fits the same as the Lange rx? If so, I’m 100% buying the pro model and using my zipfits and a booster strap. Thanks very much for the info.

Lange XT3 140

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    This is super interesting. I have the Lange rx 130 lv and it’s by far the best alpine boot I’ve used and fits perfectly.

Also have the xt free lv pro model (the version right before the xt3 came out). To me they seem to fit the same. I’m not a fan of the griamid lower shell.

Are you sure the xt3 fits the same as the Lange rx? If so, I’m 100% buying the pro model and using my zipfits and a booster strap. Thanks very much for the info.
    Yes they fit the same. Yes they rip. Don’t buy the pro model if you are going to put a booster and different liner in them. Zero difference from the 130 and it will save ya a few bucks.

Walk mode mechanism still sucks. Works better in my new xt3 tour pro. But that shell is definitely a 99mm. It’s not quite as wide as my xt3 100 I have, but it’s wider then the LV 97mm.

And if you are a 28.5 and interested shoot me a pm. There are a brand new pair in the box sitting upstairs that could be a good deal for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Yes they fit the same. Yes they rip. Don’t buy the pro model if you are going to put a booster and different liner in them. Zero difference from the 130 and it will save ya a few bucks.

Walk mode mechanism still sucks. Works better in my new xt3 tour pro. But that shell is definitely a 99mm. It’s not quite as wide as my xt3 100 I have, but it’s wider then the LV 97mm.

And if you are a 28.5 and interested shoot me a pm. There are a brand new pair in the box sitting upstairs that could be a good deal for someone.
    28.5 I am! Lmk how much. Thanks!

Yup - fit exactly the same as my RX130 and RS140 (all 3 LV). And, I agree the RX130 is the best free ski boot I've ever had - before then I always just used my race boots, but I cant those at 1.5°, which I learned as I get older is too aggro for steep technical terrain.

I don't know why but the XT free LV felt slightly different to me (narrower toe box), but that said I got rid of them because they skied for shit and had no rear cuff, and not because of the slightly different fit. Maybe it was just in my head because I disliked how they skied so much.
    Who cares how the crow flies

Alright, I've got about 5-6 days in an XT3 Tour Pro... and kinda have some questions. Wondering if it's a boot that should have it's own thread, given the amount of discussion that's happened in this thread and the 21/22 Gear Rumors one. I don't wanna create threads for the sake of it, also don't wanna cunt up an existing one if not appropriate.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Grabbed a pair of XT3lv on clearance. Fits pretty good out of the box, as GregL noted, it feels a bit wider lasted than the RXlv. Will need the navicular and big toe punched out and should be good to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9872.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	292.4 KB 
ID:	371562
    Last edited by jackattack; 04-14-2021 at 12:43 PM.

hey guys. I've been skiing a pair XT3 130s (100mm last) this season, put 20ish days on them in bounds, and another 5 days touring. bought with custom footbeds and using the stock liners. I've been dealing with pain and swelling on my lower shin, just above the ankle (on one leg only). I think it's the "corner" where the lower shell turns up and overlaps with the bottom of the cuff, where there seems to be a rivet covered by rubber. first time I went back to the bootfitter, we added heel cups as I thought maybe my foot was moving a bit inside the shell, but that hasn't fixed the issue. at first I could pretty much tough it out and thought it might resolve as the boots/liner broke in, but as the season has gone on it's gotten worse and right now after 3 days in a row of touring my leg is quite swollen in the spot where it's irritated, and it feels like this issue is not going away. anyone else deal with this and have suggestions? I'm obviously going back to my bootfitter but just curious if others have experienced this.

Quote Originally Posted by hardboiled View Post
    hey guys. I've been skiing a pair XT3 130s (100mm last) this season, put 20ish days on them in bounds, and another 5 days touring. bought with custom footbeds and using the stock liners. I've been dealing with pain and swelling on my lower shin, just above the ankle (on one leg only). I think it's the "corner" where the lower shell turns up and overlaps with the bottom of the cuff, where there seems to be a rivet covered by rubber. first time I went back to the bootfitter, we added heel cups as I thought maybe my foot was moving a bit inside the shell, but that hasn't fixed the issue. at first I could pretty much tough it out and thought it might resolve as the boots/liner broke in, but as the season has gone on it's gotten worse and right now after 3 days in a row of touring my leg is quite swollen in the spot where it's irritated, and it feels like this issue is not going away. anyone else deal with this and have suggestions? I'm obviously going back to my bootfitter but just curious if others have experienced this.
    Yes. My left foot is having what sounds to be the exact same issue. I put about 35-40 days on mine with a few days of touring as part of that and am now done for the season but developed the problem and it didn't go away. In fact, I have a pretty pronounced bump on the front of the shin, just above the ankle joint that's not going away. I'm probably going to have my doctor take a look at it as it seems to be like a cyst. I also noticed that my Achilles has some soreness and my heel tingles and hurts when I walk 5 miles or so. I want to wait to see if it resolves itself but after about two weeks, swelling is still there.

So what’s the consensus? Is the 130 and the 140 sharing the same liner with different colors? Or- is the Lange website accurate in calling the 130 a “Full Liner” and the 140 a “Race Liner”?

Pretty adamant claims in this thread that the 130 and 140 are the same boot minus spoiler and power strap.

Lange claims quite clearly that they have different liners.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Definitely different liners. I can't say whether the 140 liner provides 10 more stiffy points though because i use zipfits anyway.

FWIW after skiing the spring in the XT3 I can say they are my favorite AT boots to date. I actually forgot what boot I was in a few times (although also due in part to the new Duke PT clamps).
    Who cares how the crow flies

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Pretty adamant claims in this thread that the 130 and 140 are the same boot minus spoiler and power strap.

The shell is the same - sans labeling - the liner and power strap are not. At least Lange has been pretty clear in stating that the two liners a different as far as I know. The only things that differentiate a 2021 130 and 140 is the labeling, liner w/spoiler (so stiffer liner with more forward lean due to the spoiler) and power strap.

If that holds true for 2022 remains to be seen, but probably.

Source (as mentioned earlier in this thread):

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Koppa at Blister mid september 2020
    When we first posted this First Look, Lange said the XT3 140 was going to use a dual-core lower shell with a mix of PU and Grilamid, hence the comments above. But then this summer, Lange told us that they had decided to just do a PU lower shell for the 140 because they wouldn’t be able to recycle a mixed-plastic shell of PU / Grilamid and the improved skiing performance of full-PU offset any weight savings of Grilamid, so we updated the specs here.

So, for the production versions available this season, Neither the XT3 140 nor the XT3 130 use Grilamid — both of them feature Lange’s “dual-core” Polyurethane lower shell and a Polypropylene upper cuff.

Just talked to Lange’s NA Marketing Director and he re-confirmed that the 140 does not use Grilamid. While I obviously don’t have a way to test that, I trust him, and I suspect the update just hasn’t been effectively communicated throughout the brand.

2022 booklet

Name:	Skjermbilde 2021-06-29 kl. 18.55.13.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	1,020.6 KB 
ID:	378276

Name:	Skjermbilde 2021-06-29 kl. 18.56.19.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	692.7 KB 
ID:	378277

Name:	Skjermbilde 2021-06-29 kl. 19.00.10.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	378278Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2021-06-29 kl. 19.00.20.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	521.2 KB 
ID:	378279

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    So what’s the consensus? Is the 130 and the 140 sharing the same liner with different colors? Or- is the Lange website accurate in calling the 130 a “Full Liner” and the 140 a “Race Liner”?

Skied the 140 and fondled the 130. They're different. Liner did NOT work for me though, so the intuition I was using kinda negated the difference between the two. Sounds like the stock liner doesn't work for a few people.

Thanks, guys that clears a lot up.

I have an intuition pro tongue but it’s a bit burly in my RS 130. Kinda wanna try stock first before going custom.

One way to find out.

Well this helped a lot! Sounds like XT3 130s (or 140s) w/ Zipfits to replace my XT Free Pros

Yea they don’t ski like an RX130 anyone notice this too and put an intuition in?

Quote Originally Posted by kicool View Post
    Yea they don’t ski like an RX130 anyone notice this too and put an intuition in?
    Go to barry at village sports when he's back in November and get a zip fit. Takes the boot to a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Go to barry at village sports when he's back in November and get a zip fit. Takes the boot to a whole new level.
    Sweet thanks pretzel. Let’s get out for a ski this winter.

Bump.

Bought some XT3 140 to fit between the RS130 and ZGTP. Prob run powerwraps.

What's the best way to order din soles? Call a dealer?

Thought is to carry skins and run CAST on the pow skis just to be able to climb back up to a distressed partner in sidecountry, which comprises the majority of my pow skiing these days. And maybe use the walk mode with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    What's the best way to order din soles? Call a dealer?
    Trying to locate some for a couple customers - will let you know if I am successful. The 21-22 catalog I have doesn't even list a part number for the ISO 5355 sole with slots for tech heels, guess they assume everyone wants GripWalk. I took mine off my old green XT Frees . . .

If you find a set I’m interested as well.

How many people on here ski this boot (or would ski it) as a one boot quiver? Ive battled with this for a long time. Given what I ski and where I ski, which includes some traveling, this may make sense for me, and this is the boot that may work best. I'll take some additional thoughts from you all.

Quote Originally Posted by alev View Post
    How many people on here ski this boot (or would ski it) as a one boot quiver? Ive battled with this for a long time. Given what I ski and where I ski, which includes some traveling, this may make sense for me, and this is the boot that may work best. I'll take some additional thoughts from you all.
    That will be my experiment this season, ill keep this thread up to date with my experience. Currently running rx130 with powerwraps.

For the Alpine DIN soles, talk your local shop to get in touch with their rep. They're available and if you take a look actually come stock on the XT3 100.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    That will be my experiment this season, ill keep this thread up to date with my experience. Currently running rx130 with powerwraps.
    Ill probably be joining as well. Skied rx130 for 5 years or so, but crammed into some Mach1s last year and did not have as much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    For the Alpine DIN soles, talk your local shop to get in touch with their rep. They're available and if you take a look actually come stock on the XT3 100.
    Don't call the rep. Have your local shop contact Groupe Rossignol Customer Service in Park City and order part #LVGLDH0 (KIT DIN MMTL SOLES 17/18 FREE).