Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I got this Wusthof Deli Knife as a gift recently and as much as I love my heavy ass Wusthof Chef’s knives, this thing has become crazy-useful. Bread, citrus, sammies, bagels, prep...

A nice addition, and something I didn’t even know I needed.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/pr...-panini-knife/
    Get yourself the Wusthof tomato knife. On the surface seems like a unitasker but it’s super useful for all kinds of prep.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Haha. I dunno. Many do the gutless field dress. When you're in grizzly country, you gotta HAUL ASS and GTFO stat. Many a grizzly bear knows that when they hear that rifle shot, that's the dinner bell.
    That's a perfect reason for why you may want a blade longer than 1" to skin a big fucking animal with.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Get yourself the Wusthof tomato knife. On the surface seems like a unitasker but it’s super useful for all kinds of prep.

Got one. Love it. Crazy sharp serrated that does the job nicely. I think I like the offset of this Deli Knife a bit better for daily driving though.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Haha. I dunno. Many do the gutless field dress. When you're in grizzly country, you gotta HAUL ASS and GTFO stat. Many a grizzly bear knows that when they hear that rifle shot, that's the dinner bell.
    No grizzlies in Michigan, but if there were they would surely ignore the rifle shots, the vast majority of which don't hit anything. Must be like that other places too?

I want a 6.5" Santoku knife with a Wa handle. I would like to spend under $150 but closer to $100 would be preferred. What should I buy?

Hattori Hanzo. Except no substitute.

Not quite chefs knives, but need new steak knives. Prefer forged and not stainless; anything a better value than Dalstrong? Yes; made in China but every region has some decent knife making history.

Also, will be in Paris in a few weeks and would enjoy taking advantage of the $ to find a Thiers-area made set but I don't think that will fit the budget (as in a six piece set for <$300 to $400).

I like having carbon steel knives but can’t imagine for steak knives, you really want to have to immediately clean and oil knives within minutes of finishing dinner?

Good point. Forged stainless it is.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I like having carbon steel knives but can’t imagine for steak knives, you really want to have to immediately clean and oil knives within minutes of finishing dinner?

I have the wusthof set that comes in the wood box… They are nice

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

The steak/ butter knives from Cutco are what we have. Love them.

Chef’s knives?

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Someone gave us a set of Continental Gourmet steak knives for our wedding 39 years ago. The knives have lasted longer than the company. Just about anything will cut a steak if you don't boil it. Ours get used more for separating ribs than for steak so they are going through gristle and into bone and they're doing fine. Buy steak knives that look and feel nice--for us any meal that requires a steak knife is a special meal so I'd rather not use a cheap thin knife with a plastic handle, even though it would cut fine. We do have some of those, I give them to guests that might steal the cutlery, and on picnics.