Virtual Apres' ? Bueller?

Cool, lame or otherwise has anyone seen any virtual apres' in the works or already happening?

I've come across all kinds of virtual drinking games and things that need to be driven by skype, facetime, google hangouts etc. Those seem to be the most common platforms that would allow interaction. FB Live and YouTube would only allow for user comments/questions.

Looks like the NY Craft Beer Guild was doing some virtual tastings where they coordinated delivery of samples to paying beer nerds and set up screen time with the brewers.

Looking for ideas to bring to a marketing meeting, this would be for a ski resort.

Cheers!

Apres ski

like we all sit in our cars and drink, but look at our phones and drink instead of each other or strangers in next car?
    ?

Looking for examples, not really for parking lot people. More for lodging guests

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Looking for examples, not really for parking lot people. More for lodging guests
    I know a few things about lodging guests...
    Cant you do a distanced thing in bar, restaurant, or ballroom/meeting space?

Cool, lame or otherwise has anyone seen any virtual apres' in the works or already happening?

I've come across all kinds of virtual drinking games and things that need to be driven by skype, facetime, google hangouts etc. Those seem to be the most common platforms that would allow interaction. FB Live and YouTube would only allow for user comments/questions.

Looks like the NY Craft Beer Guild was doing some virtual tastings where they coordinated delivery of samples to paying beer nerds and set up screen time with the brewers.

Looking for ideas to bring to a marketing meeting, this would be for a ski resort.

Cheers!
    I always thought a lodge with tv channels to watch everyone else in their rooms in the lodge would be awesome. Orrrrr...........

Something a little more realistic. Or virtual?
    Phone tracking app that allows guest to review their runs virtually, ie, from a skiers pov or a follower's pov to a drone-like aerial pow.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I know a few things about lodging guests...
    Cant you do a distanced thing in bar, restaurant, or ballroom/meeting space?
    We're doing some of that already, those are all wrought with challenges. Capacity limits, no standing/mingling, distanced tables, no bands.

This project is about how to create interactive content for/with guests this winter.

@splat sounds like Bunny Ranch TV; we have an app already that skiers can log their vert/speed/distance/tracking etc. maybe some way to enhance that is possible.

Not a big budget for this so we may be down to virtual beer pong

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I always thought a lodge with tv channels to watch everyone else in their rooms in the lodge would be awesome. Orrrrr...........

Something a little more realistic. Or virtual?
    Phone tracking app that allows guest to review their runs virtually, ie, from a skiers pov or a follower's pov to a drone-like aerial pow.
    Depending on the local there would be some weird shit going on depending on the room; some of it I don’t think you’d want to see

I find the virtual events not my thing; my work keeps pushing virtual happy hours and whatnot but I am not a big fan so try to fly under the radar and skip as many as I can.

From a guest skiing standpoint I’d be more interested in scheduled hot tub times; craft and solid beverages delivered to rooms for the same price as they were at the bar; scheduled shuffleboard times, etc.

The biggest issue with any virtual option is that it's nearly impossible to have group conversations. It's basically mayhem as soon as more than one person is talking.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

We're doing some of that already, those are all wrought with challenges. Capacity limits, no standing/mingling, distanced tables, no bands.

This project is about how to create interactive content for/with guests this winter.
    Yeah currently on the meeting and event side for a midsize chain of properties ( only one ski resort sadly) so well aware of challenges you mention. Also, how expensive and difficult hybrid meetings ( streaming and live) can get quickly.

Imagine having a trad centralized hub where the magic happens ( guitarist or DJ roaring fire, etc and a few people distanced) broadcast to the other groups around the resort could be an answer. Few platforms that could help you manage that. https://spotme.com/hybrid-event-platform-guide/

Of course I havent been in operations and day to day guest interaction for a long while now, so I approach it from an event perspective. When you are a hammer every problem is a nail.

Actually, have you talked to your AV provider or conference sales team? they may have a platform already you can work from.

Our golf club does a monthly make your own mixed drink class. Small group(household) at dispersed tables in a large room. Bartender guides you through the mixing process to make 3 drinks. Priced per person, includes 3 drinks and small appetizers. Themed each month, whiskey, tequila, rum, etc. Can also do similar with wine tastings.

That would work in a resort setting

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Actually, have you talked to your AV provider or conference sales team? they may have a platform already you can work from.
    We are the conference, group and event sales team and we're at the beginning stages of sifting through ideas on the whiteboard while we figure out strategy. We've got some ideas and some work to do before we put a plan together for our GM who really wants this to happen.

Imagine having a trad centralized hub where the magic happens ( guitarist or DJ roaring fire, etc and a few people distanced) broadcast to the other groups around the resort could be an answer. Few platforms that could help you manage that. https://spotme.com/hybrid-event-platform-guide/
    interesting. We have a TV studio on property that broadcasts on a cable channel here so we have potential to tie in with them. They're only live in studio in the mornings though then it's RSN/Outside TV programming the rest of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Our golf club does a monthly make your own mixed drink class. Small group(household) at dispersed tables in a large room. Bartender guides you through the mixing process to make 3 drinks. Priced per person, includes 3 drinks and small appetizers. Themed each month, whiskey, tequila, rum, etc. Can also do similar with wine tastings.
    I like it, we kicked around some ideas that involved cocktail creating so I'll add this to the whiteboard

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I knew I should have bought that URL while i had the chance.