Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sloshes Where You Live?

Curious if Sloshies are legal where all y’all live. They are big in Wyoming.
    They are super popular. But from a drinking and driving standpoint, the idea is bonkers. They are often just closed with scotch tape, and sold with a wink, basically. I mean, who is waiting to get home to drink them, when the slosh is all melted?
    Just strikes me as peculiar in this day and age.

https://www.theliquorstorejacksonhol...ies-g8626989jl
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Covid brought about the dawn of drive through margaritas at every Mexican place here.

Add that to an already liberal to-go booze policy and relatively empty roads and you can see how easy it is to feel like there’s a return to older times right now with a bit of booze behind the wheel.
    I still call it The Jake.

freedumbz. never heard of them til they became common in wyoming 5-10 years ago. took them a few years to find a loophole after the 2001 ban on drinking and driving

When I worked in the WY coal fields, there were drive thru cocktail bars. Wasn't illegal to drink and drive, only to be drunk while driving

Have those gone away?

ETA - Lone Start just answered my question...

I would imagine DUI stats are down due to less bar going and partying in general, but I really have no idea.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Part of the reason I makes a pilgrimages to Cody
    Ever summers for em
    Beats me why's u cowboys are scared of the pots
    Yet boozey milk shakes are cool
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Exactly, SFB

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Covid brought about the dawn of drive through margaritas at every Mexican place here.
    Same here. Huge, very generously poured margaritas.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

2020 is a very, very interesting year.

I live in VT. So ya, no.

Sorta, but they call them Bushwackers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushwacker_(cocktail)

The original package store on the beach started making different variations, I can sit back and enjoy a banana one any day.

Sloshies are the fucking bomb. They’re almost the best thing about riding bike parks. So many happy afternoons in the sun at the Moose or the Trap.

I don’t know why we don’t see them here- it just takes a slurpee machine. One of my friends had one for wine margaritas but his restaurant doesn’t have an all-bev license. Now he’s attached to a brewery so no more squishy machine.

where's that Cascade Motherfucker at?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    When I worked in the WY coal fields, there were drive thru cocktail bars. Wasn't illegal to drink and drive, only to be drunk while driving
    Same used to be the case outside of Durango. City limits had an open container law, but the county didn't. Still, there were no sloshie sales.

Open container laws in general seem pretty dumb. Always loved visiting NOLA and walking the streets sipping a drink, as it should be.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    thought that, too

Definitely hit up some sloshies. Esp when stopping to see brother in law in Douglas, makes a nice primer before getting to inlaws place in Cheyenne. Always wondered why we dont see them more in MT but there is one place in town here that has a couple flavors.

I don't suppose your BIL works for the Antelope coal mine?

Sloshes Where You Live?

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Part of the reason I makes a pilgrimages to Cody
    Ever summers for em
    Beats me why's u cowboys are scared of the pots
    Yet boozey milk shakes are cool
    I was through Cody during archery season this year...saw the mixers behind the liquor counter in town. I should of grabbed one to go! Didn’t think they would be any tastier then the ones in Louisiana.

And yes...I hit a speed goat with my camper on the way home.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Sloshes Where You Live?

Back in the summer of 96’ and 97’ lived with a bunch of college buddies/chicks in a house in Sea Isle City, NJ.....48th street (the war zone)....lol.

We would go to this place on Sunday afternoons that had these “off the menu” slushees called 302’s...(lots of flavors/2 shots of 151 rum in each slushee). By the end of the slosh session, we would be basically incoherent ordering them as 747’s, OU812’s, 666’s, etc, cuz we couldn’t remember that 302 was 151+151....dumbasses.

Had a good relationship with the bartenders that made it even more fun......man, those slushees were good....and got you going fast with those 151 shots.....(only negative was brain freeze....). Sunday 302 nights were very interesting nights.

Sorry, that’s my slushee story.
    Last edited by BC.; 11-18-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Sloshes Where You Live?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    thought that, too
    Via a mutual friend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1046.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	348656

“Cascade Motherfucker: Just add snow”

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Back in the summer of 96’ and 97’ lived with a bunch of college buddies/chicks in a house in Sea Isle City, NJ.....48th street (the war zone)....lol.

We would go to this place on Sunday afternoons that had these “off the menu” slushees called 302’s...(lots of flavors/2 shots of 151 rum in each slushee). By the end of the slosh session, we would be basically incoherent ordering them as 747’s, OU812’s, 666’s, etc, cuz we couldn’t remember that 302 was 151+151....dumbasses.

Had a good relationship with the bartenders that made it even more fun......man, those slushees were good....and got you going fast with those 151 shots.....(only negative was brain freeze....). Sunday 302 nights were very interesting nights.

Sorry, that’s my slushee story.
    Everyone needs to live at the beach at some point and for some time in their young lives.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Everyone needs to live at the beach at some point and for some time in their young lives.
    2:00am weekends...coming back from OD or Shenanigans, etc....there was a pizza joint on the walk back to our house...we got real good at ordering slices via sign language those two summers....lol. Bombed...

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Same here. Huge, very generously poured margaritas.
    I picked up a half gallon of fresh squeezed margarita on Saturday without leaving my car. They gave it to me in a half gallon milk jug type container. I didn’t ask if it was repurposed because it was so good with my fish tacos. Made for a nice picnic.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Sorta, but they call them Bushwackers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushwacker_(cocktail)

The original package store on the beach started making different variations, I can sit back and enjoy a banana one any day.
    Fuck I love a bushwhacker. Some days in the BVI the ice cream in them was the only protein I’d get during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Sloshies are the fucking bomb. They’re almost the best thing about riding bike parks. So many happy afternoons in the sun at the Moose or the Trap.

I don’t know why we don’t see them here- it just takes a slurpee machine. One of my friends had one for wine margaritas but his restaurant doesn’t have an all-bev license. Now he’s attached to a brewery so no more squishy machine.
    We’ve had a place here, Victory Sandwich Bar, that’s had multiple Jack n Coke Slushie machines for as long as I can remember. That and free bocce and ping pong and I’m in.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Same used to be the case outside of Durango. City limits had an open container law, but the county didn't. Still, there were no sloshie sales.

Open container laws in general seem pretty dumb. Always loved visiting NOLA and walking the streets sipping a drink, as it should be.
    I remember being amazed at how people would set up a regulation bar in Piedmont Park in the middle of the city on a busy Saturday and cops would walk by and compliment it. Fast forward ten years and now every mixed use development, Beltline Trail, dog park, park park, town square, esplanade and general gathering area is a “special use zone” with no regulation of open containers. Grab a boozy drink from the guy in the cart and go on your way. Easy peasy. It’s really taken the edge off this year.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Also Butte, America (aka MT). Except there technically is an open container law between 2 and 8am.

I am extremely disappointed that I am just learning about sloshies today.

Sort of reminds me of this story: https://www.thrillist.com/drink/new-...it-nyc-beaches

There was a drive thru in my hometown in OH that used to do margaritas "just don't put the straw in." I don't think it was 100% legal there, but they didn't ID very often either, come to think of it.