Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    If you head over to the NBA subreddit there's a bunch of clips of him quitting on plays. It's pretty apparent he dgaf. He also left without shaking hands. LeInfant.
    Also, what's frustrating is in the games that he's pulled this act where he's clearly trying to throw his teammates under the bus, he's usually playing pretty shitty ball himself. Remember before the season when everyone said the Lakers' roster was even better than last year? Oh, I guess now they're suddenly just complete garbage. Yeah, AD was hurt, but still. Just another LeExcuse when he doesn't win.

Receipts:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1...tarting-lineup
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Lebron's explanation for the loss in the post game interview:

1) Injuries and Covid protocols made it difficult for the team to jell. As the season wore on the team never had a chance to play together at full strength. The team never reached its full potential

2) Phoenix is a good team and deserves credit for the win

In any event, I kinda hope he quit instead of this being a case of his invertible decline after nearly two decades as the dominant player in the league. Setting aside all the things folks don't like about Lebron, the idea someone can still compete in their late thirties by training hard in a sport that requires so much physicality is an intriguing experiment.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 06-04-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Before he got injured he was like top 5 in minutes played. I said earlier in this thread how stupid that was at his age. Actually said the same thing last season before the covid interruption gave him all of that extra time to rest before the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    If you head over to the NBA subreddit there's a bunch of clips of him quitting on plays. It's pretty apparent he dgaf. He also left without shaking hands. LeInfant.
    dude the lakers were down by 30 at the half and lebron single-handedly brought them back to within single digits. I saw him walking back on D a few times, but I wouldn't say he doesn't give a fuck or quit on his team. Plus he was playing hurt the whole series and it was apparent.

Not going to cry about him not shaking hands. Another reason that he gives a fuck. First time getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs in 15 appearances. I'd be pissed off too. plus there's photos of him talking/hugging with suns players in the stadium hallways

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Also, what's frustrating is in the games that he's pulled this act where he's clearly trying to throw his teammates under the bus, he's usually playing pretty shitty ball himself. Remember before the season when everyone said the Lakers' roster was even better than last year? Oh, I guess now they're suddenly just complete garbage. Yeah, AD was hurt, but still. Just another LeExcuse when he doesn't win.
    Or maybe he realized he was having an off night and was trying to get his teammates involved. LeBron says himself that he is a pass first player. Even if that's not necessarily true, that's how he views himself as more of a Magic Johnson than a MJ.

I think you're reading into it too much. Plus I haven't heard LeBron pin the lost on AD's injury. The talking heads do, but I don't hear that coming out of LeBron's mouth.

Everyone can't wait to kick the GOAT when he's down I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    May not have a choice

Attachment 376370
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CPr8Btxg...7-cbbd082939a0

CJ is owed 30, 33, and 35 mil for the next three seasons. Who in their right mind wants CJ their starting 2 guard at that price? Blazers can theoretically trade CJ, but won't get anything of value in return. They are in a damned if they do, damned if they don't dilemma.
    CJ fucking sweats Lequit. I think he's actually a perfect fit on that team...but not sure how they deal with his salary. This is exactly why Olshey needs to go. He was such an idiot to pay CJ that much when no one else would. Anyhow, CJ to the Lakers might work if they can offload some salary in the process. Maybe Kuzma and Drummond? I want Nurk out personally, especially after his dumbass comments after the game yesterday, which were basically that the blazers need to use him MORE on offense. Bro, you just got fucking worked by the Joker...you literally make the most idiotic fouls at the worst possible times and you think you deserve more? you are a cancer in the locker room (hence why Den bounced his ass)....beat it and take your shit salary with you.

Zers need to blow it up...and if that means trading Dame for a bunch of picks and whatnot then so be it. Dame deserves to have a chance at a chip...and there's zero chance of that happening in Portland for the next few years.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

NBA marketing guys are drinking heavy watching NY, LA, Boston, go out.

Philly could help & Nets for Neutrals if they go anywhere. ATL, PHX & Dal all have large metro areas but dont see rabid NBA fans from there across the country. Shit Basketball isnt even the top sport in any of those cities.

A Bucks Jazz final ( which I would love!) may send some suits at the Association over the edge & onto the street in Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    What does this discussion have to do with MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    On the flip side, if a new team ascends don't they open up more market opportunity? There weren't too many people buying Golden State jerseys before they emerged.

It is so great to see both the Lakers and (hopefully) the Clippers bounced. Obnoxious teams.

Pretty sure the Bay Area is a major market. He's talking about TV ratings. Which have been down for the NBA with another contract coming up so they really don't want to have a low rated finals this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post

Philly could help & Nets for Neutrals if they go anywhere. ATL, PHX & Dal all have large metro areas but dont see rabid NBA fans from there across the country. Shit Basketball isnt even the top sport in any of those cities.

A Bucks Jazz final ( which I would love!) may send some suits at the Association over the edge & onto the street in Manhattan

Don't worry, the NBA won't let it happen. Might have to call this guy out of retirement.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	376395

The NBA has been fixing games since at least the 90s and it was pretty bad during the regular season this year. I'm sure there will be some questionable calls against small market teams as the playoffs advance with less major tv markets.

What does this discussion have to do with MJ?
    hes talking about Russell man

dude the lakers were down by 30 at the half and lebron single-handedly brought them back to within single digits. I saw him walking back on D a few times, but I wouldn't say he doesn't give a fuck or quit on his team. Plus he was playing hurt the whole series and it was apparent.

Not going to cry about him not shaking hands. Another reason that he gives a fuck. First time getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs in 15 appearances. I'd be pissed off too. plus there's photos of him talking/hugging with suns players in the stadium hallways
    Or maybe he realized he was having an off night and was trying to get his teammates involved. LeBron says himself that he is a pass first player. Even if that's not necessarily true, that's how he views himself as more of a Magic Johnson than a MJ.

I think you're reading into it too much. Plus I haven't heard LeBron pin the lost on AD's injury. The talking heads do, but I don't hear that coming out of LeBron's mouth.

Agree with most/all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    CJ fucking sweats Lequit. I think he's actually a perfect fit on that team...but not sure how they deal with his salary. This is exactly why Olshey needs to go. He was such an idiot to pay CJ that much when no one else would. Anyhow, CJ to the Lakers might work if they can offload some salary in the process. Maybe Kuzma and Drummond? I want Nurk out personally, especially after his dumbass comments after the game yesterday, which were basically that the blazers need to use him MORE on offense. Bro, you just got fucking worked by the Joker...you literally make the most idiotic fouls at the worst possible times and you think you deserve more? you are a cancer in the locker room (hence why Den bounced his ass)....beat it and take your shit salary with you.

Zers need to blow it up...and if that means trading Dame for a bunch of picks and whatnot then so be it. Dame deserves to have a chance at a chip...and there's zero chance of that happening in Portland for the next few years.
    Don't agree with this, but a part of me enjoys the Blazers angst. And I appreciate that y'all think a title is in reach if only you made the right moves.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Agree with most/all of this.

Don't agree with this, but a part of me enjoys the Blazers angst. And I appreciate that y'all think a title is in reach if only you made the right moves.
    Bill Walton's chip season on the Zers proves otherwise.

What don't you agree with specifically though? CJ does love Lebron. Olshey did make a shitty contract decision with CJ. The rest of it is my opinion and I get that you may disagree.

CJ's contract isn't that bad, it's just misplaced. If you put him on a team with a guard who can play solid defense, he'd be fine. But him and Lillard on the floor together - defensively - is pretty rough. CJ would actually be a great fit somewhere like Philly... his shooting would make up for Simmons lack thereof, and then you have Simmons' defense to balance it out (and get him nice looks at the basket).

This was pretty funny, someone grabbed a screenshot before it was corrected.

Name:  195675801_4011289905665133_8740273869798682124_n.jpeg
Views: 537
Size:  113.4 KB

CJ (Canton) and Lebron (Akron) are both from shitty small cities in Ohio, only 30 minutes apart, so they have that connection.

When Olshey signed CJ for that huge contract, how much was it Olshey and how much was it Paul Allen? Allen had a track record of pushing to resign players he helped draft at above market rates.

This was pretty funny, someone grabbed a screenshot before it was corrected.

Name:  195675801_4011289905665133_8740273869798682124_n.jpeg
Views: 537
Size:  113.4 KB
    Thanks amazing, hope the Mavs close out the series tonight!

I am hoping for 7 games & triple overtime

Luka can own the league for the next 7 years, I just want that ring for the Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    CJ (Canton) and Lebron (Akron) are both from shitty small cities in Ohio, only 30 minutes apart, so they have that connection.

When Olshey signed CJ for that huge contract, how much was it Olshey and how much was it Paul Allen? Allen had a track record of pushing to resign players he helped draft at above market rates.
    not sure...but I'd hope that Olshey asked Dame if he thought they could win it all with him and CJ

Bill Walton's chip season on the Zers proves otherwise.

What don't you agree with specifically though? CJ does love Lebron. Olshey did make a shitty contract decision with CJ. The rest of it is my opinion and I get that you may disagree.
    The fact that the Blazers won a title in a completely different era is great for Blazers fans, but not sure what it has to do with the current chances of the Blazers. As for what I disagree with, here's your quote:

Caveat: I watched very little of the series, but I have pretty much read every take on the Athletic, ESPN, SBNation, etc. And I follow the NBA closely, not just in the playoffs (but again, I don't get to watch a lot).

First off, I have seen CJ murder a team in the playoffs (maybe it was the Nuggs, can't recall) so the notion that he's weak or a choker doesn't seem accurate (I may have misinterpreted your "sweats Lequit" statement, maybe you're just saying he loves Lebron?). As for his salary, like I said a while ago, they were in a tough spot with him, he's one of those tweener players that someone would likely have paid max money for, so you either have to see that coming before he even hits restricted FA and trade him, which is ballsy and may not bring back what you want, or you have to pay him and suffer the salary cap woes, or just let him walk for nothing. It was a tough situation, and signing him doesn't stand out to me as a mistake. Like TahoeJ says, he would be killer on a team with a different starting guard. But he will be tough to trade for equal value, as almost all max level salary players are.

As for Nurk, I think he's pretty damn good. The Blazers left him alone on Jokic, trying to minimize Jokic's playmaking ability (which worked BTW), but Jokic is a beast, so of course in single coverage he roasted Nurk. There's no shame in that, the dude's gonna be MVP for a reason. I think a lot of teams would be happy to have Nurk, and I think he's worth keeping. I have never heard the "cancer" in the locker room thing, and always thought DEN traded him to make space for Jokic, but you follow the Blazers more closely so maybe you're right there.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The fact that the Blazers won a title in a completely different era is great for Blazers fans, but not sure what it has to do with the current chances of the Blazers. As for what I disagree with, here's your quote:

Caveat: I watched very little of the series, but I have pretty much read every take on the Athletic, ESPN, SBNation, etc. And I follow the NBA closely, not just in the playoffs (but again, I don't get to watch a lot).

First off, I have seen CJ murder a team in the playoffs (maybe it was the Nuggs, can't recall) so the notion that he's weak or a choker doesn't seem accurate (I may have misinterpreted your "sweats Lequit" statement, maybe you're just saying he loves Lebron?). As for his salary, like I said a while ago, they were in a tough spot with him, he's one of those tweener players that someone would likely have paid max money for, so you either have to see that coming before he even hits restricted FA and trade him, which is ballsy and may not bring back what you want, or you have to pay him and suffer the salary cap woes, or just let him walk for nothing. It was a tough situation, and signing him doesn't stand out to me as a mistake. Like TahoeJ says, he would be killer on a team with a different starting guard. But he will be tough to trade for equal value, as almost all max level salary players are.

As for Nurk, I think he's pretty damn good. The Blazers left him alone on Jokic, trying to minimize Jokic's playmaking ability (which worked BTW), but Jokic is a beast, so of course in single coverage he roasted Nurk. There's no shame in that, the dude's gonna be MVP for a reason. I think a lot of teams would be happy to have Nurk, and I think he's worth keeping. I have never heard the "cancer" in the locker room thing, and always thought DEN traded him to make space for Jokic, but you follow the Blazers more closely so maybe you're right there.
    I dont' recall there being much of a market for CJ when they maxed him out...meaning, there weren't a long line of teams looking to max him out at that time. I remember distinctly many people saying it was bad idea to max out essentially two players that play the same position and very little defense. A risk if you will. There's no doubt CJ is legit and could be a perfect fit on another team running point. The Lakers is my example because Lebron is an idol to CJ in many ways being from the same general area of the country. I'm sure he'd rather have CJ on the lakers than Schroder.

Nurk and Joker seem to be friends still, which is surprising, but Joker did ask Denver to get rid of Nurk, because of the issues on the court (couldn't play them both together) and because of what it was driving a wedge between teammates, hence a locker room cancer. They obviously made the correct call. I'm not saying Nurk is a bad player...I'm saying he's not as good as he thinks he is. That attitude becomes a problem when he says things like he did, that they would've won only if they involved him more. Dude, you have to be able to stay on the court.

We can agree to disagree on the Zers and what got them here. Hindsight is 20/20. It's undeniable that the experiment didn't work maxing out Dame and CJ. Sounds like the Knicks might take on Dame's salary, so maybe that's a path forward where he's on a team that has a better chance of winning (can't believe I'm saying that about the Knicks). CJ stays, maybe they keep Nurk too, and then play the young guys while drafting dudes for the future. Maybe CJ is tradable to a contender next year before the deadline? I don't know, but whoever is GM is going to have a hard go of it.

Nurkic grew up just a few minutes away from Serbia, so not surprised he is friends with Jokic despite being rivals on the court. Nurk's contract expires next year so makes sense to at least keep him for the first half of the season and see how he is playing. If Zach Collins steps up, maybe Nurk is expendable. I know I wouldn't want to resign Nurk to a big money long term deal with his injury history.

When Portland signed CJ to his contract I was ok with it. Everyone knew Lillard and CJ were not a great fit but Portland has never been very successful at signing quality free agents, so they are kind of forced to develop from within. Players don't want to come up to the far corner of the country to play, and PNW teams have more travel time than other teams. I am surprised the Jazz have had some good free agent signings. I credit this with a very good system in place and Gobert, who does all the dirty work no one else wants to do.

What major FA's have the Jazz signed?

I dont' recall there being much of a market for CJ when they maxed him out...meaning, there weren't a long line of teams looking to max him out at that time. I remember distinctly many people saying it was bad idea to max out essentially two players that play the same position and very little defense. A risk if you will. There's no doubt CJ is legit and could be a perfect fit on another team running point. The Lakers is my example because Lebron is an idol to CJ in many ways being from the same general area of the country. I'm sure he'd rather have CJ on the lakers than Schroder.
    CJ signed his current contract a year before his previous one expired (ie, they extended him), so of course there wasn't a long line of teams looking to max him out, because he was a year away from becoming a FA (a restricted FA, I think). Signing him then was a risk, but it is at a lower dollar value than if he went to FA and signed a max contract. He had just come off a season where he averaged 23ppg, shot 42% from 3, and was a decent off-ball-playmaker. Someone was gonna pay him.

And yes, even back then everyone knew that he and Dame were not a great fit together. But again, they really didn't have much of a choice. :shrug:

What major FA's have the Jazz signed?
    Bogdanović, 4 year, 73 mil. I mistakenly thought Conley was a FA sign but he was a trade.

Turning to the Blazers, they basically have had no significant FA signings since Lillard arrived. The last significant one Portland had that produced a consistent starter was stealing away Wesley Mathews from the Jazz just before Lillard arrived. Aminu was a FA sign but I am not sure he counts as a consistent starter, more just a space filler.

Some trades are basically like FA signings too, where the traded star is choosing his team. Harden listed the Blazers as a team he'd consider and Portland was floating CJ in a trade, but he picked the Nets.