Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Brroks is such a talent but was really impressed with Ja Morant, that guy just keeps getting better.
    At least for the first few games in the first round, all the young talent more or less crushed the old guard. The future looks bright for the NBA.

Hope Kyrie has bodyguards Click image for larger version. 

Name:	celtic_pride_1996_original_film_art_5000x.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	375883

Hope Kyrie has bodyguards Click image for larger version. 

Name:	celtic_pride_1996_original_film_art_5000x.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	375883
    Was the movie racist because two white guys kidnapping a black guy isn’t a good look currently.

Danny Ainge is an ass hat.

Celtic Pride! hahahaha... great call. I completely forgot about that movie.

BTW - if they really want to get these asshole fans to stop this shit, then instead of just kicking them out they should publicly reveal who they are. Then it has real consequences and people will be far more likely to stop.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

The popcorn dumping fan should be prosecuted for assault, which is simply "an intentional offensive touching." Doesn't matter if the touching is his hand or the popcorn. I have definitely seen prosecutors charge more trivial, minor assaults. You would need the victim to agree to testify that they were offended by the act, but Westbrook would probably be willing to do so. Then that fan can deal with all the ramifications of being convicted of assault (like never being allowed into Canada or becoming a nurse) that millions or Americans have to deal with. And any criminal charge is public record.

And what is it with Jazz fans dropping racial taunts?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post

And what is it with Jazz fans dropping racial taunts?
    Seriously. Seems to be a pattern.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Cause they’re surrounded by a bunch of other white people. If they were standing next to some other fan who’s black, you’d better believe those chumps won’t say a fucking word for fear of getting a beating. Hell in CA other white people would kick their ass just the same.

You all should read Jaylen Brown's response to Kyrie. Kyrie always seems to be trying to convince himself he's the smartest guy in the room by dropping semi coherent "wisdom." Brown IS the smartest guy in the room and actually delivers.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Tatums response seems effective
    Again

Tatums response seems effective
    Again
    Also a good response.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    tooks the magic undies cult till 1978 to change their views
    things move slow here
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    You all should read Jaylen Brown's response to Kyrie. Kyrie always seems to be trying to convince himself he's the smartest guy in the room by dropping semi coherent "wisdom." Brown IS the smartest guy in the room and actually delivers.

What Brown said was thoughtful but also contained a degree of what-aboutism to it. I’m not a Kyrie fan at all but considering how Boston fans feel about him I don’t blame him for being concerned ahead of that game.

Racism is a plague on the United States. It's rampant everywhere. It's not just in Utah, but yes the dominate culture in Utah (Mormons) have a very racist history.

Obviously it's not an isolated incident in Utah, but I like how many want to spin it that way. Some are all too quick to bash Mormons.

I'm honestly surprised it has become a pattern at Jazz games, not because Mormons aren't racist. It is because they know the world thinks they are racists and are extremely self conscious about this. Of course, it's just a few bad apples. The Jazz have always fielded some of the whitest teams in the NBA and you have to think this pattern either does, or will, affect their ability to attract free agents. Portland is the second whitest big city in the US after SLC but you read about Blazers who enjoy the community, buy houses, and stick around even after they are traded or retire. Not as much in SLC. I lived next to the Marriott Residence Inn back in 2002 in SLC. Mark Jackson was living there and I got the impression he was in the state to play ball and then was going to get the fuck out.

RIP Mark Eaton.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    What Brown said was thoughtful but also contained a degree of what-aboutism to it. I’m not a Kyrie fan at all but considering how Boston fans feel about him I don’t blame him for being concerned ahead of that game.
    True. But they were asking Brown about Kyrie's statement, racism at the Garden, etc. So I don't think he was engaging in whataboutism so much as he was saying "I don't want to get sucked into that microscope, I'd rather pull back and talk about the much bigger picture if you want to talk about racism."

I don't think what Kyrie said was bad or wrong, and I'm not sure Brown was intending to criticize Kyrie, I think he was just trying to show perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Racism is a plague on the United States. It's rampant everywhere. It's not just in Utah, but yes the dominate culture in Utah (Mormons) have a very racist history.

Obviously it's not an isolated incident in Utah, but I like how many want to spin it that way. Some are all too quick to bash Mormons.
    I haven't seen folks say this only happens in Utah, it happens everywhere, but Utah has its fair share (as does Boston, in a Celtics fan and I can acknowledge that). And in my view, most/all of these player fan interactions are racist, even when racist words aren't used. How many of these interactions involve a black fan? A white player? Whether it's popcorn or spitting or racist words, it's always a white fan and a black player. At least that's what I see.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    RIP Mark Eaton.
    Sorry to see. RIP Big Guy.

“During his 1984-85 season, the 7-footer set an all-time NBA record of 5.6 blocks per game. Eaton also holds the NBA record for the most blocks in a season with 456.”

5.6 blocks per game? That’s insane.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    RIP Mark Eaton.
    Yeah man
    Damn.
    Nice man
    Car mechanic to 2x DPOY and all star
    Knew his wine too.

Actually connected with him professionally with his Speaking gig too which was cool.

Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I haven't seen folks say this only happens in Utah, it happens everywhere, but Utah has its fair share (as does Boston, in a Celtics fan and I can acknowledge that). And in my view, most/all of these player fan interactions are racist, even when racist words aren't used. How many of these interactions involve a black fan? A white player? Whether it's popcorn or spitting or racist words, it's always a white fan and a black player. At least that's what I see.
    Those two towns seem to have a disproportionately high number of racist incidents from fans. Kinda ironic that they put Damon Wayans in Jazz jersey for the movie poster, kidnapped by Celtics fans. It's even made it hard for Jazz to attract Free Agents.

Irish Catholics and Mormons have big families, fairly homogenous. But who knows, probably turns out that the Jazz fan who said "I'm going to put a coin in your back and make you dance, boy" to Ja Morant's dad was a just a non-Mormon run of the mill racist.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    Those two towns seem to have a disproportionately high number of racist incidents from fans. Kinda ironic that they put Damon Wayans in Jazz jersey for the movie poster, kidnapped by Celtics fans. It's even made it hard for Jazz to attract Free Agents.

Irish Catholics and Mormons have big families, fairly homogenous. But who knows, probably turns out that the Jazz fan who said "I'm going to put a coin in your back and make you dance, boy" to Ja Morant's dad was a just a non-Mormon run of the mill racist.
    “You go live in Utah.” - Derek Harper circa 1997

Interesting way for the Zers to achieve a blowout. Nice to see others have sold game when Dame is off.

Don't sleep on Dillon Brooks. That chip on his shoulder has won a lot of games. Dude is just tough and has an admirable back story.
    Too bad Dillon Brooks fouls out of every game. I've seen a couple games in the last few weeks that the grizzly could have used brooks and he's fouled out......

Now Morant impresses me every time I see him play. Dude has to be one of quicker players in the NBA. His cross is deadly and he gets his shot up fast. Seemed like he was going right at gobert all night, which you gotta love that competitive spirit.

Nice to see Conley light up his old team tho.

RIP Mark Eaton. Mark was a friend of my father's and he was always engaging and friendly when I met him. Plus how many NBA legends can you say you saw lined up at Alta pre-opening bell on a pow day? I definitely saw Eaton on a number of occasions, you really can't miss 7 footers skiing. He will be missed and my heart goes out to his family.

Kyrie is such a douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Kyrie is such a douchebag.
    eh, who cares if he "stomped" on a logo on the floor? Kyrie was playing in a hostile environment, probably heard "fuck you' all night and he balled out (39 pts/11 rebs/2 assists/2 steals). Do celtics fans cry every time they do a jump ball? Looks like Kyrie is winning out there, both mentally and on the scoreboard.

Kyrie is making Celtic fans look like fools and racists.

Not really following the jump ball comparison... not even close to the same thing.