Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    StifleTower4life

Does anyone else read Hollinger on The Athletic? I like his analysis, he is obviously good at what he does, but he seems to consistently have takes that make me go "huh"? Like really bad takes, things that seem to be the opposite of what I read elsewhere.

And then I remember that he was in the front office at Memphis during a time when they did not improve at all, and I realize that for all the good analysis he does, maybe he's just really bad at the bottom line call on players and contracts.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Does anyone else read Hollinger on The Athletic? I like his analysis, he is obviously good at what he does, but he seems to consistently have takes that make me go "huh"? Like really bad takes, things that seem to be the opposite of what I read elsewhere.

And then I remember that he was in the front office at Memphis during a time when they did not improve at all, and I realize that for all the good analysis he does, maybe he's just really bad at the bottom line call on players and contracts.
    This is a really good observation. I have also had that feeling and then I think about him being the data guy and I wonder what I'm missing.

Maybe I'm not missing anything.

Agreed - not a Hollinger fan. I've often wondered how often he actually watches games vs. just looking at the box score.

After last nights shellacking of the Z'ers I am starting to think that Rudy's mega contract just may have been worth it. If the Jazz can stay healthy the continuity they have from the last few years is going to make them a really tough out this year.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Rather enjoyed beating Harden and then LeBron.

I wouldn't get too uppity, Woodsy. Blazers are looking good and getting better.

I hope they're not seriously considering the trade for Harden. The current roster needs time to play together. The Laker game gives an indication of what's possible for this team. It's nice to see some D for a change, holding Davis to 13 and the block on LeBron. The trades they made this offseason probably won the game for them. Good to see GTjr return from his 6 minute game in torch mode.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    After last nights shellacking of the Z'ers I am starting to think that Rudy's mega contract just may have been worth it. If the Jazz can stay healthy the continuity they have from the last few years is going to make them a really tough out this year.
    I should refer you to my unpublished manuscript
    Utah Jazz, 1984–2003 a really tough out

working on the sequel 2017–2020+ kinda a tough out.
    its really the je ne sais quoi of the franchise.

I have come to terms with it, until the playoffs when they get my hopes up again only to remind me of their constant part in the drama of the NBA. Sure made those Nuggets work for it, right?!?

Love the French Connection on D & the boards but the offense is still well...

travail en cours

Not referring to anything stated in this thread, but just speaking generally: I really hate early season overreactions. Considering the lack of training camp and very short pre-season people need to chill. This especially applies to my fellow Warriors fans who were freaking out after they went 0-2 (after losing to possibly the best two teams in the East). You've got a bunch of guys who have played less than 5 games together - expecting them to just have chemistry right out the gate is stupid (plus no Draymond playing). Having said that, it was great to see Wiggins breakout last night after his slow start... 17 points in the 4th quarter and allowed Steph to get an extra few minutes before closing it out.

This is going to be a fun team to watch this year. I'm pretty excited about James Wiseman's potential. He doesn't look like a 19 year old out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Not referring to anything stated in this thread, but just speaking generally: I really hate early season overreactions. Considering the lack of training camp and very short pre-season people need to chill. ..........

This is going to be a fun team to watch this year. I'm pretty excited about James Wiseman's potential. He doesn't look like a 19 year old out there.
    What the fuck man, you saying Orlando and Atlanta are NOT the nest teams in the Association?

ya boy Wiseman is fun to watch. Hes freakishly athletic, coachable, and playing for the right team/coach.
    Give him ROTY right now ( see first point)

yeah, the hot takes I see about the Celtics are hysterical.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Haliburton is the real deal. I was sad to see Bogdanovic go, but he's making me forget. Kings looking good so far. The only thing that will hold them back is their dumbass coach.

Lillard and McCollum had 60 tonight; Curry goes for 62 in 36 mins. Went to hole time after time.

That was fun to watch, especially the sequence where Curry and Dame just went back and forth like five times in a row.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Got to watch the first half of the Pistons v Celtics game today, (had to turn when Packers game came on) and I have to say I feel good about the future. I’m not sold on Killian Hayes yet, but Bey and Stewart seem like the hard playing players Detroit needs. Jerami Grant and Josh Jackson were additions I wasn’t sure about, but so far they’ve both been playing well and justifying their additions.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That was fun to watch, especially the sequence where Curry and Dame just went back and forth like five times in a row.
    Great game. Hard to argue that those aren't the two best PGs in the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Great game. Hard to argue that those aren't the two best PGs in the game right now.
    Luka would like a word.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Luka would like a word.
    Yeah, he's alright I guess.

BTW, check out what Draymond did on D: https://twitter.com/anthonyvslater/s...420555265?s=21
    1 point and +22 (game high)

I can’t even tell anymore who’s a point guard and who’s a shooting guard. James Harden is supposedly a SG but has the highest usage rate in the league every year? Doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Luka would like a word.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    meh
    I mean, that's a word, but not the word Luka was looking for.

I mean, that's a word, but not the word Luka was looking for.
    still meh

10, 9, 8, 76ers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    still meh
    Lol... c’mon Luka is legit. My current PG rankings are...

- Curry (I could back it up but I’m a homer anyway).

- Lillard (has some gravity like Steph and makes his teammates better).

- Harden (hate his game but he’s so efficient, needs a better system and less ISO shit). Pure talent.

- Doncic (will probably win an MVP before he’s 25, crazy stats, only missing piece is elevating his teammates and it’s only a matter of time before he unlocks that).

- Trae Young (hate the fucking ref bait shit he’s doing right now, even Harden is rolling his eyes). But he’s good.