Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1592
    GOAT conversation? Woah, woah, woah, pump the brakes. He's 26 years old. lol... what? KD and Curry aren't even in the GOAT conversation.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Scary thing about Giannis is that based on his work ethic and drive, and evidenced by his FT% and even 3-pointers (yeah, well 1 for 3 but still) tonight, he has the potential to get even better.

He seems like a mensch, reminds me of Hakeem in the hardworking-humble-immigrant-makes-good narrative.
    Yup, he's the anti ben simmons.....that privileged fukk.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    How can you not love this guy? https://streamable.com/4bpiuv
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Yup, he's the anti ben simmons.....that privileged fukk.
    Simmons is no more privileged than half the NBA, who has a parent who played professional ball.

How can you not love this guy? https://streamable.com/4bpiuv
    If Chic Fil A does not make him a spokesperson AND start selling the MVP meal ( 50 Chicken Minis) then their entire marketing team needs to be not only fired but run out of the business entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    If Chic Fil A does not make him a spokesperson AND start selling the MVP meal ( 50 Chicken Minis) then their entire marketing team needs to be not only fired but run out of the business entirely.
    Problem with that is that he's a minority AND an immigrant.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    And isn't it sus that he doesn't have a GF?

Chick-fil-Aholes gottabe careful about promoting the wrong kind of person, yanno.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    exactly, they already have the Southern White Christina Demo dialed, expand the market.

And I will say from my exposure to the Chic Fil As in Manhattan that market is a good one for them for customers and staff.

i just watched the video from the livestream and are we just gon let it slide that this man ordered a fucking half sprite-half lemonade?
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    i just watched the video from the livestream and are we just gon let it slide that this man ordered a fucking half sprite-half lemonade?
    I will sometimes indulge in a coke with a splash of lemonade. So I get it.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

GOAT conversation? Woah, woah, woah, pump the brakes. He's 26 years old. lol... what? KD and Curry aren't even in the GOAT conversation.
    I think Giannis will surpass those two, barring injury. Don't know if he'll be a GOAT contender or not but I think he's on the right trajectory.

Why? Defense. The perennial GOAT names (MJ, Kobe, Magic, LBJ, Wilt, etc.) were/are equally freakish on defense as they were at scoring. Giannis has that quality.

KD is a great defender but not on the level of those guys. Stef very well could be the greatest PG of all time but straight GOAT? Nah. His defense isn't going to alter games, so I really don't think anyone will be calling him the greatest basketball player of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    And isn't it sus that he doesn't have a GF?

Chick-fil-Aholes gottabe careful about promoting the wrong kind of person, yanno.
    I want to say he's got a partner...isn't that who he had a kid with and that kid he was holding during the ceremony last night? As far as Chick-filla goes, that probably doesn't help his cause at all.

I would say Giannis has an outside chance at GOAT status, I mean, why not? He's a year younger than Jordan was when he won his first chip...not that his game really compares to Jordan. As the Rev says, on top of his offensive prowess he's a helluva defender. KD, no way...he had to join a super team to get his championships so that will always diminish him...and that's maybe not 100% fair to him, but that's part of how he'll be judged.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    dudes a beast and straight up dominated that game and mvped the fuck outta phoenix
    still a fist full o rings short of goat talk imo
    stoked for brew town fans they deserve that banner and party
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    dudes a beast and straight up dominated that game and mvped the fuck outta phoenix
    still a fist full o rings short of goat talk imo
    stoked for brew town fans they deserve that banner and party
    Yeah, I was stoked for Milwaukee. Feels like they deserve the love.

Gotta have love for the small market teams

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Didn’t notice that. But gives me a great idea.
    1/4 sprite, 1/4 lemonade, 1/2 vodka. Sounds great

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I want to say he's got a partner...isn't that who he had a kid with and that kid he was holding during the ceremony last night? As far as Chick-filla goes, that probably doesn't help his cause at all.

I would say Giannis has an outside chance at GOAT status, I mean, why not? He's a year younger than Jordan was when he won his first chip...not that his game really compares to Jordan. As the Rev says, on top of his offensive prowess he's a helluva defender. KD, no way...he had to join a super team to get his championships so that will always diminish him...and that's maybe not 100% fair to him, but that's part of how he'll be judged.
    Hope Giannis stays healthy for a long time, like LeBron did until a couple years ago. He’s very physical. Seemed dinged up in Game 6 and still overpowered the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Hope Giannis stays healthy for a long time, like LeBron did until a couple years ago. He’s very physical. Seemed dinged up in Game 6 and still overpowered the Suns.
    His knee bent backwards and he came back strong. The guy’s made of rubber.

I’m already looking forward to next season.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I want to say he's got a partner...isn't that who he had a kid with and that kid he was holding during the ceremony last night?
    Yeah, but is she a KARDASHIAN?

Nope.

Sus.

No Chick-fil-Ahole for you!

Giannis isn't in the GOAT conversation yet. Could he be there in 5-10 years? For sure. He's just not there right now.

If you haven't watched his post-game presser, it's pure joy. Not sure many other NBA stars are this humble, earnest, and happy. Awesome to see.

If Kevin Durant's foot was about one inch shorter, right now the conversation would be:

- Should coach Bud be fired?
    - Will Giannis ever break through and make it to the Finals?

But now he's in the GOAT conversation. Time to come clean, how many ESPN First Take interns are in this thread? lol...

Love Giannis and his game, but holy overreaction batman. And to be clear, when I brought up KD and Steph I was not implying that they were anywhere close to the GOAT conversation (other than Greatest Shooter of All Time for Curry). My point is, Curry went to 5 straight finals and he's not even sniffing the conversation, so talking about a player who has only been once is some dumbass shit.

If Kevin Durant's foot was about one inch shorter, right now the conversation would be:

- Should coach Bud be fired?
    - Will Giannis ever break through and make it to the Finals?

But now he's in the GOAT conversation. Time to come clean, how many ESPN First Take interns are in this thread? lol...

Love Giannis and his game, but holy overreaction batman.
    I mistyped and what I meant is he is now in consideration for greatest of this generation.

Giannis' stats in this finals this year are on par with shaq's 2001 and 2002 finals, and MJ's 1993 finals which were seen as some of the most dominant finals performances.
    Shaq averaged 33 pts, 15.8 rebs, 3.8 assists and 3.4 blocks in 2001
    MJ averaged 41 pts, 8.5 rebs, 6.3 assists, 1.7 steals and 0.7 blocks in 93
    Giannis averaged 35.2 pts, 13.2 rebs, 5 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.8 blocks

His numbers in this playoff run are right up there with kareem and MJ's best playoff runs. Giannis already has 2 MVPs, a DYOP, a finals MVP and a championship, and he's just 26 and doesn't really have a jumpshot yet. Barring injury, he'll be in that convo, he's got a lot of good years ahead of him. I definitely got a little ahead of myself, but a 50 point, 14 reb, 5 block performance in a game 6 NBA finals puts ya in some unique company and I was riding that wave of exccitement!

I guess it depends what you define as a generation. Is he the best player in the league under 30? Sure.

Who are 5-6 best players last 5 years? Last 10?

Giannis def in that company last 4-5 years.

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Last 10 years…

LeBron, Curry, KD.

Then…

Kawhi, Harden.

Then Duncan (first half)… Giannis (second half).

I’m probably forgetting someone? Wade (first half)?