Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Denver is screwed in the playoffs without that number 2 scoring option.
    I don't mean to say Murray isn't a very good and important player for Denver, but I don't think they're necessarily screwed. On many nights, he isn't even their second best player, MPJ is. MPJ will need to step up more consistently, sure, and there is now more opportunity for Gordon. And Morris is a very good backup PG.

Certainly their margin for error is slimmer, but even without Murray they can beat anybody, IMO.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't mean to say Murray isn't a very good and important player for Denver, but I don't think they're necessarily screwed. On many nights, he isn't even their second best player, MPJ is. MPJ will need to step up more consistently, sure, and there is now more opportunity for Gordon. And Morris is a very good backup PG.

Certainly their margin for error is slimmer, but even without Murray they can beat anybody, IMO.
    the thing about the playoffs is when you lose a piece like that is yeah, they can beat anybody on any given night, true. Can they win 3, 7 game series? Remember, they were golfing after the first round last year if not for Murray losing his mind.
    They are better now, but he is a big loss and they are not going deep with out him.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    the thing about the playoffs is when you lose a piece like that is yeah, they can beat anybody on any given night, true. Can they win 3, 7 game series? Remember, they were golfing after the first round last year if not for Murray losing his mind.
    They are better now, but he is a big loss and they are not going deep with out him.
    I'm not saying it isn't a hudge loss, and of course it seriously impacts their chances. But Jokic is even better this year, MPJ was a rookie last year and is significantly improved, and this could be his opportunity to step up and become a star. And Gordon can also make a big impact. And they have a ready made good replacement for him at the point.

I think their title chances were pretty damn slim to begin with, so saying they aren't going to win a title now isn't going out on a limb. Yes, HIGHLY unlikely they win 4 7 game series now. As opposed to highly unlikely that they win 4 7 game series with Murray. But I do think they can beat anyone in a 7 game series, even without Murray.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm not saying it isn't a hudge loss, and of course it seriously impacts their chances. But Jokic is even better this year, MPJ was a rookie last year and is significantly improved, and this could be his opportunity to step up and become a star. And Gordon can also make a big impact. And they have a ready made good replacement for him at the point.

I think their title chances were pretty damn slim to begin with, so saying they aren't going to win a title now isn't going out on a limb. Yes, HIGHLY unlikely they win 4 7 game series now. As opposed to highly unlikely that they win 4 7 game series with Murray. But I do think they can beat anyone in a 7 game series, even without Murray.
    SO they are the Nuggets of the 90s cool

Tahoe j said "Denver is screwed in the playoffs without that number 2 scoring option."

you retorted, I feel Tahoe Js assertion still stands.

Yeah, I mean, Denver will probably advance past the first round riding Jokic but it's going to be pretty tough after that. As a Warriors fan I know as well as anyone, man, injuries fucking suck. I feel like we're getting robbed of some potentially great playoff matchups. I'd be down for another Denver / Jazz series.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I think you're over valuing MPJ. He's a good offense threat and incredibly gifted but his basketball iq is low and he's a liability on defense. I agree that's he's young and has a ton of potential to become a star but he doesn't see the floor like murray, jokic, gordon or even campazzo at this point in his career.

Speaking of which, the only good thing that comes of murray getting injured is getting to watch Frank Campazzo more often. I think Campazzo is my favorite rookie this year besides LaMelo. Campazzo's highlight reel this year is insane. So glad the nuggets drafted this dude and gave him a shot at the NBA.

Kinda bummed that the nets are benching Durrant and Harden for tonight's nets vs sixers game. I was really looking forward to these two going off after Ben Simmons has been running his mouth about how great he is this past week.

^yup....but motivation for sixers is winning for a possible tie situation. Nets have become more hated than Lake-show. For me anyway.

Yeah, finishing first in the East is pretty important, given that there seem to be 3 top teams. Having to play only one of those teams, and not 2, in the playoffs is a big deal.

A bit too close at the end but a win is a win. 1st place with the tie breaker. When does Hill finally start playing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app

That Celtics Blazers game was fun. Tatum is ice. Also, old Melo took young Prichard to school. That was nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    A bit too close at the end but a win is a win. 1st place with the tie breaker. When does Hill finally start playing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    I thought this friday/weekend.....hopefully won't see Scott anymore too...picked up a geezer 4 as well

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Curry just put up a casual 42 in 29 minutes. I know I’m a homer but I don’t care, he’s the freakin’ MVP. Teams are doubling him (or more) all game long and it still doesn’t matter. I guarantee you the Jazz do not want to see this team land the 8 seed.

Curry just put up a casual 42 in 29 minutes. I know I’m a homer but I don’t care, he’s the freakin’ MVP. Teams are doubling him (or more) all game long and it still doesn’t matter. I guarantee you the Jazz do not want to see this team land the 8 seed.
    I do appreciate your allegiance but I don't think the Jazz are exactly shaking in their boots, regardless of Curry's unstoppable game. And for the record, I'm an equal opportunity hater.

I'm not sure he's the MVP, but I do think Curry is underrated, as crazy as that sounds.

This Jazz fan is stoked its no longer a 5 game series in the first round & I would most certainly prefer other opposition.
    Curry & Kerr are just too good. Especially as we are succeeding using many of the methods they made commonplace

Oh and fuck that play in bullshit

Oh and fuck that play in bullshit
    I feel a little dirty saying this, but I kinda like the idea of the play in games (or at least I am curious about it and want to see what it looks like). It makes some excitement and reason to keep grinding to stay in the top 6, whereas in the past teams could coast a little more at the end of the regular season. It makes a lot of excitement for more teams near the end, and more uncertainty for the top 2 teams as to who they are playing.

I am not definitely in favor of it, but I am not fully against it and definitely interested to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I do appreciate your allegiance but I don't think the Jazz are exactly shaking in their boots, regardless of Curry's unstoppable game. And for the record, I'm an equal opportunity hater.
    They're not scared of losing the series, more so the Warriors would be a pain in the ass for a first round matchup for a one seed. Curry when he's rolling has the ability to steal a couple of games and make them work for it. That's all.

And yeah, he has a 0.00% chance of actually winning MVP, I'm fully aware. But in some ways what he's doing right now is more impressive than 2016.

I feel a little dirty saying this, but I kinda like the idea of the play in games (or at least I am curious about it and want to see what it looks like). It makes some excitement and reason to keep grinding to stay in the top 6, whereas in the past teams could coast a little more at the end of the regular season. It makes a lot of excitement for more teams near the end, and more uncertainty for the top 2 teams as to who they are playing.

I am not definitely in favor of it, but I am not fully against it and definitely interested to see how it goes.
    Sorry I am a crumedgon but I see your point, makes the also rans run not fade for better draft positions. Also professional sports being what it is, one day a team in 9th is gonna get hot and run all the way with it, see wildcard, baseball & football.

Lamarcus Aldridge is retiring, effective immediately, because of a heart condition.

Also professional sports being what it is, one day a team in 9th is gonna get hot and run all the way with it, see wildcard, baseball & football.
    This is least likely to happen in basketball. There have only been three 8 vs 1 upsets ever in history to begin with. And none of those teams even made it out of the next round.

This is least likely to happen in basketball. There have only been three 8 vs 1 upsets ever in history to begin with. And none of those teams even made it out of the next round.
    The 1999 Knicks were the 8 seed and made the finals.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    The 1999 Knicks were the 8 seed and made the finals.
    I should clarify: 7 game series. That's part of the reason they changed it from 5. The first ever 8 seed to take down a 1 seed in a full series was the 2007 We Believe Warriors. They lost to Utah in the next round.

C'mon I was just starting to come around to being ok with change....

FKN millenilas, oughtta make em wear short shorts

C'mon I was just starting to come around to being ok with change....

FKN millenilas, oughtta make em wear short shorts
    haha I guess you didn't catch the NCAA tourney but it seems like short shorts are on the comeback.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jarreau.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	371688