Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Does anyone have the go fund me link for LeBron’s eyeball? Lol... such a fucking drama queen. Just stop. Great shot he hit, no need to embellish.
    But he was seeing triple!

Good thing he isn't a boxer or an NFL RB!

Damn west coast games…. I’m lucky if I make it through the first half.

Seeing triple? Wouldn’t you need three eyes for that?
    focus.

Does anyone have the go fund me link for LeBron’s eyeball? Lol... such a fucking drama queen. Just stop. Great shot he hit, no need to embellish.
    I don't know....seemed like a legit flagrant, could of been tossed. Stopped the drive to the hoop though as only Draymond can......and I'm far from a LeBron fan.

Could have been tossed? Wtf? Come on now. I bet LeBron will be spotted wearing an eye patch today.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

As a Jazz fan, after watching last night's game I think you have to say GTF outa' here with the Warriors are a bad team. Dramond, Wiggins, Jordan Poole, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Loonwy... can all play. The second half turnovers between Steph and Draymond are the reason why the Warriors lost the game.

Also, lol at all the Draymond went straight up truthers. I get that people don't like Lebron but that's a real Rorschach test if you think Draymond went straight up and Lebron just happened to run into his hands. That was Jordan Rules.

Dubs had 20 TOs, many of them on simply risky choices or failure to pass accurately.

Draymond fouled LeOscar Goes To for sure, but the 5 mins of acting like Flipper out of water was a bit much.

Hope Dubs play better on Friday than the last game against the Grizz.

Need Steph in SkyFucker mode. I dunno - did it feel like a game high 37 with 6/9 from 3 last night? Didn’t it feel “normal” for him?

37 on 6/9 from 3 is normal for him.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Draymond absolutely committed a foul. But LeBron needs to stop with this drama queen flopper shit. Like this from earlier in the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h3Ff7wP6EA

If it's an obvious flop during the review, the refs should be able to issue a tech against the flopper. He went back to the bench rubbing his chin after the play. Hell, even in soccer they'll give out a yellow card for stuff like that.

Draymond made a clean block. Nothing but face.

Definitely a flagrant on Draymond. But Lebron's performance after the foul was far more egregious- soccer worthy bullshit. Can't stand the guy's demeanor on the court. Can you imagine Jordon/ Russell/ Kareem/ Bird/ Kobe/ Wilt/ Hakeem/ Magic/ Duncan/ Shaq pulling that crap? Never. Not a chance. Of all the all time greats LeBron stands out as the softest. He's a transcendent player who has also made the game worse. That's his legacy. I can't wait for him to be washed up or retired.

Could have been tossed? Wtf? Come on now. I bet LeBron will be spotted wearing an eye patch today.
    Ha, nice

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

jfc, people love to hate the top players

He got robbed on the lack of foul; he gets a pass for being pissed and making a show of the no call

It’s not like he didn’t get stabbed in the eye at all and was play acting that he did. DG’s hands were like magnets to his face.

sigh...I suppose it’s all drama & entertainment anyway

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    As a Jazz fan, after watching last night's game I think you have to say GTF outa' here with the Warriors are a bad team. Dramond, Wiggins, Jordan Poole, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Loonwy... can all play....
    If Dubs beat Grizz, Jazz should beat them 4-1 or 4-2.

The team got better last part of season. Poole was trash last year and improved second half of this year. JTA and Wiggins also improved and Kerr learned how to use them better. Draymond had COVID and then got better when he got into shape. Looney is smart and capable, but limited and frequently injured.

Losing Wiseman and Oubre to injury helped team mesh, even though their talents are missed.

Went 15-5 last 20 games.

Next year:
    Klay back; hopefully at least 80%
    Wiseman should have more experience by playoffs
    Oubre should be signed and maybe traded for $20M worth of vet backup PG and/or wing
    Dubs have 72% chance at Minny pick and may be able to get something for that and their own pick (around 18?)

Dubs will have a good chance to be better next year. Should be competitive, but not favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    jfc, people love to hate the top players

He got robbed on the lack of foul; he gets a pass for being pissed and making a show of the no call

It’s not like he didn’t get stabbed in the eye at all and was play acting that he did. DG’s hands were like magnets to his face.

sigh...I suppose it’s all drama & entertainment anyway
    Come on now. LeBron has a WELL ESTABLISHED history of being an absolute Italian soccer player level flopper and drama queen. It's just a bad look. I really want to like him but that shit just kills me. He doesn't need to do it. Like wearing a cast after the game 7 finals loss. It's like, dude, just don't.

Come on now. LeBron has a WELL ESTABLISHED history of being an absolute Italian soccer player level flopper and drama queen. It's just a bad look. I really want to like him but that shit just kills me. He doesn't need to do it. Like wearing a cast after the game 7 finals loss. It's like, dude, just don't.
    Wait - Was that cast after the 4-0 2018 sweep or the 4-1 2017 Gentleman’s Sweep? I lost track...

I like my Blazers chances against the Nuggets. But I think LA will beat Phoenix, and then beat Portland in round 2 (because LA, and the Warriors, both have Portland's number). And all of sudden they will be in the Western Conference finals. Fuck, I still think Lakers are the favorite to win it all this year (they have the #1 defense). I hate LA, but do love seeing ex Blazer, Wesley Mathews coming back from torn achilles and old age and repeatedly saving their ass.

And Memphis is feisty as shit. Warriors, and the Jazz, better watch out. Canadian and Oregon alum, Dillon Brooks, has a tendency to play his best ball when it counts, like in 2017 when he took the Ducks to the final four and lost to eventual champion N. Carolina by one point.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    And Memphis is feisty as shit. Warriors, and the Jazz, better watch out. Canadian and Oregon alum, Dillon Brooks, has a tendency to play his best ball when it counts, like in 2017 when he took the Ducks to the final four and lost to eventual champion N. Carolina by one point.
    Yep; Dubs will have to play better than they did on Sunday to beat them again. Brooks did a good job on Curry last game.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Wait - Was that cast after the 4-0 2018 sweep or the 4-1 2017 Gentleman’s Sweep? I lost track...
    Yeah, I meant to say the last game of the finals, not game 7. It was particularly goofy because in the second half of that game he did a one handed power slam with the exact same hand he claims was broken the whole time. Riiiiiiight. He's too good for that shit, I don't understand it.

Draymond is pretty bad when it comes to flopping as well. He just isn't as high profile of a player so people don't concentrate on it.

Example:

Example 2 (0.56 seconds into video):
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Draymond is pretty bad when it comes to flopping as well. He just isn't as high profile of a player so people don't concentrate on it.

Example:

Example 2 (0.56 seconds into video):
    Yep - agree. No doubt Draymond is a salesman and engages in gamesmanship.

As you point out, Draymond is not really LeBron’s comparison. Frankly, he’s not in LeBron’s class.

Nobody’s calling Draymond THE GOAT, and Draymond is not constantly discussing his LEGACY as if he should be considered THE GOAT.

If LeBron wants to have people consider his LEGACY and whether he’s THE GOAT - and he definitely does - then part of that LEGACY is that he’s more of a flopper than - Jordan, Bird, Russell, Kareem, Oscar, Magic, Kobe, Duncan, or many other all-time greats (in no particular order).

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Yep - agree. No doubt Draymond is a salesman and engages in gamesmanship.

As you point out, Draymond is not really LeBron’s comparison. Frankly, he’s not in LeBron’s class.

Nobody’s calling Draymond THE GOAT, and Draymond is not constantly discussing his LEGACY as if he should be considered THE GOAT.

If LeBron wants to have people consider his LEGACY and whether he’s THE GOAT - and he definitely does - then part of that LEGACY is that he’s more of a flopper than - Jordan, Bird, Russell, Kareem, Oscar, Magic, Kobe, Duncan, or many other all-time greats (in no particular order).
    100% agree. I'm sure Jordon flopped, I just don't remember that being much of a focus/critique of his game. The Mailman was a flopper, I remember that. Arvydas liked to get his flop on...but flopping is more this era if you ask me.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

is it not at all ironic that, in a game that considers minor touching/brushing/contact a "foul" and where shooters lean in to create contact, that people are bent out of shape about "flopping"?

...seems to be a pretty straight line connecting those things...if we're honest about it

fouling in the basketball isn't exactly like hockey

watching stef (or really any shooter) trying to create contact on a 3 is like watching a contortionist in fast forward
    and then the plea to the ref for a different ruling ...such outrage! smile/wink...next play

IMO there's a *huge* difference between flopping back to emphasize drawing a charge vs. flopping on random / incidental contact. Everyone in the league sort of does the charge thing.

And it's also about faking injuries and shit like that. Like in last night's game LeBron rubbing his chin that literally wasn't even touched! I mean, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

fouling in the basketball isn't exactly like hockey
    Mostly true:

It isn't the flopping that gets me. Go ahead and try to sell the foul call. If you take it too far you get a tech. But whining and feigning injuries is just unsightly. Keep that Neymar shit out of basketball.

vs.

vs.