Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

No Finals rematch for Xmas Day. Heat relegated to early game.

Why Dubs and Bucks? Wanted Dubs and Nets.

Edit: Dubs at Nets to open season on 12/22
    Last edited by 54-46; 12-02-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Rockets just got badly fleeced. Westbrook for Wall.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Rockets just got badly fleeced. Westbrook for Wall.
    I wonder if that’s where the rest of the L set Westbrook’s value.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I wonder if that’s where the rest of the L set Westbrook’s value.
    Maybe. But the rest of the league wasn't really involved, because there couldn't have been many destinations for him, if any. But what about Wall? He had no destinations but Houston. And hasn't played in 2 years!

For all his faults, Westbrook is clearly the better player and more bankable star right now. He doesn't move the needle for Washington, but they'll win a few more games. Yet Washington only gave up a heavily protected first that may never convey.

I guess I could make the argument for Houston, that IF Wall can return to good form, they may be able to move him later, like OKC did with Paul. And neither player is going to do much for you anyway. Still, I would have expected a little more in return.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Really enjoying Houston's downfall because of their shit-head owner. It's really funny if you look at all of the assets they gave up essentially for Wall. Haha.

Warriors vs. Nets opening night should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's really funny if you look at all of the assets they gave up essentially for Wall. Haha..
    from Hollinger on The Athletic:
    If you’re keeping score at home, this means that in the span of one season, the Rockets surrendered a future first and two pick swaps to turn Chris Paul into John Wall, who is a worse and more injured player with a longer contract. Yuck.

from Hollinger on The Athletic:
    Yeah, that's grim. And I'm not a Wall hater.

Harden to the Nets has to happen next, right? Please, basketball gods, make it happen.

Harden to the Nets has to happen next, right? Please, basketball gods, make it happen.
    Harden HAS to move. We don't ask for much. To the Nets. Please.

as a basketball fan, it's a win-win. They are all really special offensive talents, and if they can make it work, it will be a beautiful thing to watch as a fan of the game. They are also all whiny and annoying and if they can't make it work, the implosion will be a beautiful thing to watch.

as a basketball fan, it's a win-win. They are all really special offensive talents, and if they can make it work, it will be a beautiful thing to watch as a fan of the game. They are also all whiny and annoying and if they can't make it work, the implosion will be a beautiful thing to watch.
    Yeah, it will be great until Kyrie is marginalized and KD feels like he is (still) not getting enough media love. Would love to see the drama!

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Would love to see the drama!
    Hell, that's half of why we love the NBA so much. Soap opera for adult men.

KD looked pretty fucking good for a guy with a torn achilles.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The Harry Giles experiment has my attention. Dude is a freak.

Where are we on the Harden to the Nets watch?

Where are we on the Harden to the Nets watch?
    Praying it happens. Either for the ball hogging shit show or because Kyrie gets shipped to Houston.

No way would Kyrie and Harden both be on that squad, as entertaining as that would be (is it even possible salary-cap wise?). Watching KD get frustrated as fuck when Harden doesn't pass him the ball Westbrook-style would be worth the price of admission alone. He'll end up missing playing with a co-star as unselfish as Curry.

But yeah, regardless, I want to see Harden get moved. Actually, him going to Philly in a swap for Simmons would be interesting. Harden and Embiid could be a force... Embiid would have all of that room that Simmons can't create because he can't shoot from outside.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    No way would Kyrie and Harden both be on that squad, as entertaining as that would be (is it even possible salary-cap wise?). Watching KD get frustrated as fuck when Harden doesn't pass him the ball Westbrook-style would be worth the price of admission alone. He'll end up missing playing with a co-star as unselfish as Curry.

But yeah, regardless, I want to see Harden get moved. Actually, him going to Philly in a swap for Simmons would be interesting. Harden and Embiid could be a force... Embiid would have all of that room that Simmons can't create because he can't shoot from outside.
    Actually Philly for Simmons makes a ton of basketball sense. Which is why I’m not certain I want it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Praying it happens. Either for the ball hogging shit show or because Kyrie gets shipped to Houston.
    LMAO if Kyrie got stuck with John Wall after failing to make it work with LBJ AND KD

Actually Philly for Simmons makes a ton of basketball sense. Which is why I’m not certain I want it to happen.
    It makes a ton of sense and I’d love to see it. I’m not a big James Harden fan but at least he can fucking shoot. So it would be interesting to see what would happen there.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Utah Jazz, running and gunning?
    pre season I guess but great to see so many in double figures & Rudy being a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Utah Jazz, running and gunning?
    pre season I guess but great to see so many in double figures & Rudy being a monster.
    This reminds me...I think I owe you a bottle of brown.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Giannis signs record 5-year, $228.2Million Bucks supermax contract

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    This reminds me...I think I owe you a bottle of brown.
    I think I paid you for 2019, at least there was a bottle of brown sitting in an Idaho liquor store waiting for you.
    push last year as neither made it out the first round, Jazz lost in a more heartbreaking fashion.
    Happy to reup for 21, zers and spaz should both contend.

Let me just go get Jobu another shot of rum...

Quote Originally Posted by mcf735 View Post
    LMAO if Kyrie got stuck with John Wall after failing to make it work with LBJ AND KD
    I know he helped win my team a title and for that I'll forever be grateful, but he is a first rate selfish turd who can turn what should be a winning thing into steaming poo in short order just by opening his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Giannis signs record 5-year, $228.2Million Bucks supermax contract
    Happy to see this. I like seeing the stars stay home, especially in small markets.
    I still call it The Jake.