Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Last season the 7 seed Mavericks finished 2.5 back of 6 seed Jazz where as the 8 seed Blazers were 7.5 games back of the Mavericks. This season, the loosing record Spurs are likely to finish 7 games back of the 7 seed and can still make it to the playoffs with two upsets. So ya, a games back clause makes sense.

On the other hand, if you're in the 7th seed and can't win one of two games against teams that finished below you, were you going to do much in the first round anyway? Screw it, let the chips fall as they may.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Yeah, I don't think there should be any games back adjustment. You had a full season to land where you landed. And like TahoeJ says, if you really are the much better team winning 1 of 2 games against inferior teams should be easy.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It appears Clippers and Nugs will purposely try to lose their respective game on Sunday, which will ensure neither has to face LA in the first round (and put LA in the play in game). Mavs can also purposely lose as they are guaranteed of at least the 6 seed, and may do this to try to get their preferred opponent of Clips-Nugs. Blazers have to actually win to avoid play in (unless Lakers lose). Appears both Clips-Nugs would prefer to match up against Mavs instead of Blazers.

I can't remember the last time the playoffs felt this wide open. In the west if seems like there are at least four teams that are legitimate WC title contenders. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I can't remember the last time the playoffs felt this wide open. In the west if seems like there are at least four teams that are legitimate WC title contenders. I love it!
    Who are your 4?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

In the West I wouldn’t be surprised to see either LA team, Utah, Denver, PHX make the finals. Hell, it’s wide open, I almost want to include the Warriors based on them being 16-5 in their last 21 games since they moved out of development mode but I don’t really believe it can go anywhere.

I honestly think any of the top 8 can win a series if they get hot.

Sixers barely get any love from the media.....got the #1 seed, first time in like 20 years and pretty much ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Sixers barely get any love from the media.....got the #1 seed, first time in like 20 years and pretty much ignored.
    Who?

Huh, they've been banging the drum for Joel Embiid's hobbled ass to win MVP all year.

I saw articles on ESPN and the athletic about it, what kind of love were you expecting?

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Yeah Philly got plenty of coverage over it. Let’s hope we get that Philly v Brooklyn matchup. That has the potential to be an amazing series.

Name:  download.jpeg.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  7.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    In the West I wouldn’t be surprised to see either LA team, Utah, Denver, PHX make the finals. Hell, it’s wide open, I almost want to include the Warriors based on them being 16-5 in their last 21 games since they moved out of development mode but I don’t really believe it can go anywhere.
    Tend to agree about the West - it’s open.

Dubs - Against playoff level scouting? Im hopeful, but also doubtful. Let’s have them make it to a series first...

Knicks favored by 12 over Celtics today (Brown out; Tatum and Kemba also listed as out). Knicks win and they’re the 4 seed?

Randle has to win most improved player right?

Randle has to win most improved player right?
    yes.

Curry had kind of an off game. Scored 46 on 36 shots in the end. Heh.

Curry had kind of an off game. Scored 46 on 36 shots in the end. Heh.
    22 attempts from 3, holy cow!

Are these teams really trying to lose?

Damn

Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Are these teams really trying to lose?

Damn
    You can't tell. Jeebus that OKC-Clips game was horrendous there at the end.

Nurk dominates the Joker for the crucial win. We'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ
    tough road for Lakers & dubs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plaoffs 2021.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	374840

1 seed and best record in the league, go Jazz. hope Spida gets healthy. cool factoid I read this AM:

Jazz set the NBA record for the most 3s made per game at 16.7, but they also allowed a league-low 10.9 3s per game. They're just the second team in NBA history to make the most 3s and allow the fewest in a season, joining the 1999-2000 Pacers
    big deal in today's NBA I think