Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Luv Dame and he already is the Blazers GOAT and wish the guy a ring or two regardless of the team, kind of like Clyde.
    Word. 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Dame is amazeballs and if he was on my team, I would LOVE him. But the stark reality is that a Blazers team with him as the best player will likely never win a title. There are probably 2 teams in the last 20 years that won without one of the absolute best in the league on their team (and for as good as Dame is, he's not cracking the top 5). So unless the Blazers are willing to accept that reality (they're not nor should they be IMO) they're not going to win a title. From my view, the Blazers are a well run and well coached team that has done a decent job of maximizing their talent. Players like CJ are often really tough to deal with from a mgmt POV. You won't get equal value if you trade them and you end up being forced to pay them, yet they also aren't the type of superstar that will bring you a title. But are you willing to deal them and hope to draft that second superstar? Because again, you're not going to deal them for a better player.

If the goal is purely title or bust, are you willing to have them blow up the team on the slight chance that they strike gold in the draft?
    Firmly planted in the first row of the choir...Just feel lucky to see Dame in his prime.

Fuckin LaMarcus to the Nets. Seriously?

^^^lots of miles on him and Blake. At this point just names.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    ^^^lots of miles on him and Blake. At this point just names.
    Yeah, kind of. LA may be old and about as laterally fluid as a fridge but that jumper is pretty hard to defend. He's no starter but any team would love to have him as a backup 4/5.

Just took my first look at the standings in a while. Who would have predicted that the Jazz and Suns would be 1-2 in the Western Conference more than halfway through the season?

I don't follow the Suns, how are they doing it? Is it just Chris Paul being amazing, are they better coached than everyone, are Booker and Ayton and ??? better than expected?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I've definitely gained a new level of respect for CP3 - even if I don't like him. Gets dumped into OKC and he leads them to the playoffs, now he's got a young Suns team rolling.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I've definitely gained a new level of respect for CP3 - even if I don't like him. Gets dumped into OKC and he leads them to the playoffs, now he's got a young Suns team rolling.
    My thoughts exactly, I cant stand him, but his ability to transform a team into a play off team cant be denied.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Remember when this was a debate?!?

Name:  DW.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  149.2 KB vs. Name:  CP3.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  162.1 KB

One goes on to cause one of the GOAT coaches to retire then flames out after, the other has just spent 10 + years making every team he plated for better...

Yeah, he certainly seems to have been earning the Point God moniker, but that's kind of why I asked the question since I don't follow the Suns. Obviously, he's a great player contributing a lot to that team, but is that the sole change? This is a team that was under .500 last year and while CP3 is great, they did have Oubre and Rubio last year.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The Suns did look pretty good in the bubble portion of last season, so they were already on the rise. But still, I'm sure CP3's impact as a veteran has made a difference.

Booker is most definitely legit.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Almost lost the Jazz in a birdstrike today. Sully!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Almost lost the Jazz in a birdstrike today. Sully!
    I just came to say the same thing! That would have put a damper on my season

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports...211004722.html
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Fucking Seagulls
    State bird my ass, aughtta shoot every single fucking one of the flying rats

With the 41st Pick in the NBA Draft, the Denver Nuggets Select…the Next MVP
    There has never been a great player like Nikola Jokic—and not just because of the way he plays

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nikola-...hare_permalink

(I think that should work)

There are 21 players who have been MVPs since Michael Jordan was drafted. Eight of them were No. 1 picks. Nine others were top-10 picks. The rest were taken before the 15th pick. NBA teams are wrong all the time in all kinds of curious ways, but they’re rarely wrong about identifying the pure talent required of the game’s superstars. And then Jokic came plodding along.

By almost every meaningful statistical measurement, he’s been the NBA’s best player this season. He’s averaging 26 points, 10.9 rebounds and 8.6 assists with the most efficient shooting numbers of his career. In terms of win shares per minute, a metric that captures his overall value, he’s also the most productive second-round pick of all time.

Curry is showing Jokic what’s up tonight...

Curry is showing Jokic what’s up tonight...
    No shit. I’ve laughed at his shots/plays at least a half dozen times tonight. Unreal. Draymond is making Jokic work too.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Fuck! Murray just blew his knee. Ugh.

Fuck! Murray just blew his knee. Ugh.
    That sucks. They'd been looking pretty legit since the Gordon trade.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Watched Murray do his knee live. Hope for the best but it didn’t look good. Ruined the mood after watching Curry go for 53 with an insane 85% true shooting %.

blown ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    blown ACL.
    Oh fuck.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Sucks for Murray and the Nuggets. But they have enough talent and decent backup PGs, so they are still going to be a very tough out even without Murray.

Seeing it live there was zero doubt he blew his ACL. They turned off the court-side microphones, he was hurting.

Denver is screwed in the playoffs without that number 2 scoring option.