Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1592
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    I'd bet Dame would win one with Embiid.
    Or at least they'd have a really good chance of making the Finals out of the East. That seems like a lethal combo with the right pieces around them. Maybe some defensive troubles with Lillard and Seth Curry together on the floor getting out-sized, but the spacing and scoring Dame would add on offense would be huge for Embiid and cut down on his workload quite a bit. I think people are realizing that the narrative about Embiid running out of gas was always a little unfair considering Simmons would often just disappear late in games and leave it up to him.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Unclear as to why Dame isn't a championship caliber player. He likely will not win one in PDX but he's arguably one of the most competitive, hardest charging players in the league. The dude simply never mails it in. Give him a strong partner or two, a supporting cast and have fun trying to stop him.

Honestly if he leaves Portland, I think the leadership void might be more damaging than his PPG.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Russ to the Lakers? How in the hell will that work out?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ington-wizards
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Or at least they'd have a really good chance of making the Finals out of the East. That seems like a lethal combo with the right pieces around them. Maybe some defensive troubles with Lillard and Seth Curry together on the floor getting out-sized, but the spacing and scoring Dame would add on offense would be huge for Embiid and cut down on his workload quite a bit. I think people are realizing that the narrative about Embiid running out of gas was always a little unfair considering Simmons would often just disappear late in games and leave it up to him.
    Dame on the 76ers seems good at first glance...I'd be curious what they could put around the pair to be competitive given the salary constraints. Embiid is due $31.6M and Dame is due $39.3M...Embiid will need to get extended soon as well, and he'll want to be paid as much if not more than Dame. The Sixers have less cap space than the Blazers, so they'll need to surround them with some marginal talent. Maybe it's enough, I don't know...if that trade happens they'll have less around them than Dame and CJ did in Portland.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

^^ I'm saying straight up so same supporting cast. Salaries "match" with max slots and it's more of a luxury tax thing due to how the cap is structured (max vs. super max is still the same slot designation). Same deal with how Harden ended up in Brooklyn and they didn't have to salary shed. At least I'm pretty sure, the nitty gritty details of the NBA salary cap is for wizards and CPA's.

On the other hand, Daryl Morey must be smoking some good shit this week. Dude is out of his mind with those trade offers for Simmons. No idea what he's on, but I'd like to try it.

^^ I'm saying straight up so same supporting cast. Salaries "match" with max slots and it's more of a luxury tax thing due to how the cap is structured (max vs. super max is still the same slot designation). Same deal with how Harden ended up in Brooklyn and they didn't have to salary shed. At least I'm pretty sure, the nitty gritty details of the NBA salary cap is for wizards and CPA's.

On the other hand, Daryl Morey must be smoking some good shit this week. Dude is out of his mind with those trade offers for Simmons. No idea what he's on, but I'd like to try it.
    Agreed. Dude is out of his mind.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Westy to Lakers. Who’s going to sign with them for TPMLE and vet min? I hope it blows up on them.

Lakers already won a title with LeBron and AD. Nobody thinks they can't dominate with Westbrook added?

Westbrook is often a tricky fit, but can be extremely effective with the right system. And it's almost like he was overrated for so long that he's now underrated.

I hate the Lakers but I don't think it was a dumb move.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Nobody thinks they can't dominate with Westbrook added?
    The issue with Westbrook is he's ball dominate. So is LeBron. In theory it gives an aging LeBron more opportunities to play off the ball but so far it hasn't worked out when Westbrook is paired with another star like Durant, Harden, or Beal.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The issue with Westbrook is he's ball dominate. So is LeBron. In theory it gives an aging LeBron more opportunities to play off the ball but so far it hasn't worked out when Westbrook is paired with another star like Durant, Harden, or Beal.
    Hasn't worked? Westbrook and Durant were pretty successful, though they never won it all; Durant only won because he joined an existing superteam. Is the OKC failures because of Westbrook? Maybe, but I'd say it was luck and mediocre coaching. Westbrook and Beal exceeded expectations in my view. And the Rockets were actually looking pretty good before the shut down. Before the bubble started, he got covid then came back and got injured. Saying "it didn't work with Harden" isn't really the full story.

Will it work? No idea. Health is always an issue, and he's a unique player that requires a good coach to maximize his team's success. Can it work? Absolutely.

Edit to add: this isn't so much about allowing LeBron to play more off ball, it's about having a solid offense when LeBron sits.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Lakers won a title with LeBron and AD after a huge mid-season break and shortened overall season. Not saying there's any kind of asterisk or dumb shit like that, but they benefited greatly from it. LeBron is turning 37 years old and AD has always been injury prone. I just don't see them staying healthy (sure it's possible but I wouldn't bet on it). Having said that, Westbrook is an energizer bunny and can relieve them both of some of the wear and tear of the regular season and presumably they can both play less minutes per game.

In the playoffs their lack of shooting and spacing is going to be a problem, especially in a half court offense. People always act like you can just pick up these great three and D guys for the vet minimum but in reality that's not the case most of the time... they don't just grow on trees. The Lakers were sorely lacking perimeter shooting last season and now they have even less. Westbrook is literally the worst high volume three point shooter of all time.

Anyway, I think it will be fun to watch and that's what matters. Get out the popcorn.

^^^^^^
    Agreed

Lakers’ pitch to FAs: “We have no shooters; you’re gonna get up 15 shots a game on pinpoint passes from LeBron or be able to rest while Russ puts his head down. Try it for at least a year for the TPMLE.”

Well said. That's got to be a ploy by Morey

^^ Maybe Morey is pissed at Simmons for refusing to come to Philly and work on his game this off season, and doing this to bring him down a notch and prove a point? Otherwise I don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Lakers’ pitch to FAs: “We have no shooters; you’re gonna get up 15 shots a game on pinpoint passes from LeBron or be able to rest while Russ puts his head down. Try it for at least a year for the TPMLE.”
    How many players in the league last year on the vet minimum shot over 35% from behind the arc? I'm guessing not many: https://www.basketball-reference.com...s/players.html

In today's game if you're a good three point shooter you're simply worth more now. There will definitely be vets who want to join the party, but can they shoot?

Carmelo Anthony shot .409% from 3 last year on vet minimum contract. He's yours if you want him.

At 34% from 3, next to AD and Westbrook, LeBron is Steph Curry for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Carmelo Anthony shot .409% from 3 last year on vet minimum contract. He's yours if you want him.
    Yeah, put him on the Lakers!

I don’t really think this is fair, but I did laugh…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1627669982.677993.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	381082

Heat not fukking around, lowery and pj tucker.

Mike Conley re-signing with Jazz for three years, $68M

Going to be interesting off season in Zion, they need to trim more payroll than moving Favors accomplishes and they have to be able to put a line up on the floor to defend 5 shooters to go deeper next year.

We should check in at the end of the week to assess all the FA moves and teams’ rosters. Crazy right now!

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    We should check in at the end of the week to assess all the FA moves and teams’ rosters. Crazy right now!
    No kidding. Jazz making moves. Like what your dubs are doing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Cavs giving Jarett Allen a 5 year $100MM deal? Solid player, but curious how this team will look with two big men in Allen and Mobley.
    I still call it The Jake.

sixers upgrade at backup C imo - andre drummond......as dwight moves back to LA