Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1592
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I bet Jazz fans soiled their pants when the Clippers took the lead in the 4th. I really like that Clippers lineup with PG, Leonard, Batum, Jackson and Beverly that got the Clippers back in the game. Might be the best possible defensive lineup any NBA team can run, although would not work well against a dominant offensive big like Jokic. And Beverly should never, ever, shoot, even from one foot. Batum was +7 for the game because he was the key part of that lineup playing the 5 at 6'8". Batum knows Gobert's moves from their time together on the French national team and can get in his head, en francais.
    naw, I only soiled my pants when PG went after Spida's ankle in the waning seconds of the game. That seemed like a pretty dirty play to me. Hopefully, Spida is alright cause that would be a bummer to see him taken out like that during his current run in these playoffs.

Even as the lead disappeared it felt like the jazz were in control in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Playoff basketball with no commentary, just crowd and sneakers and crowd.
    Basketcams on espn3/app

So good
    I think Mark Jones and Doris Burke are my favorite NBA announcers. I really like Burke's commentary. Though she was pissing me off last night but that had more to do with the Jazz blowing their lead in the 3rd.

I knew the Jazz were going to win when Joe Ingles banked a shot off the top of the backboard

Nets down to 1.....of the super-trio.

That was all-ball by Jokic too....league is soft.

.......well, maybe a little face.
    Last edited by cinnepa; 06-14-2021 at 06:04 AM.

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    That was all-ball by Jokic too....league is soft.

.......well, maybe a little face.
    He’s had so many clever provocations where you watch him smirk as the other guy gets tagged, he deserved to get a little karmic comeuppance

I always marvel at how red his elbows are relative to the rest of him in any given game

The Blazers struggled against this Nuggets team that got swept. They didn’t really deserve their spot, but I enjoyed watching them. Now for off-season coach drama…

Speaking of coaching drama, Blazers fans say yay or nay for D’Antoni?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Speaking of coaching drama, Blazers fans say yay or nay for D’Antoni?
    I don't want D'Antoni...would rather have Chauncey in there.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    He’s had so many clever provocations where you watch him smirk as the other guy gets tagged, he deserved to get a little karmic comeuppance

I always marvel at how red his elbows are relative to the rest of him in any given game

The Blazers struggled against this Nuggets team that got swept. They didn’t really deserve their spot, but I enjoyed watching them. Now for off-season coach drama…
    That's part of his genius absolutely...he gets away with murder out there playing dirty and that pisses off the opponent. It's a legit skill he has developed and it works great for him...super frustrating to watch him execute it against your team, but last night's swat at the ball was not clean...I don't think he even touched the ball..it was all face and arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    but last night's swat at the ball was not clean...I don't think he even touched the ball..it was all face and arm.
    It wasn't clean, I will grant you that, but "I don't think he even touched the ball"? Seriously? Did you actually watch the play?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...53111108083714

Check out the video there, start at 0:47 for a bunch of slow-mo angles, and come back here and post whether he touched the ball.

Again, it was not clean, he did get Payne in the face and deserved a flagrant because of the windup (I happen to think it should have been a Flagrant 1 and not a 2), but he also definitely got mostly/all ball with his hand.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It wasn't clean, I will grant you that, but "I don't think he even touched the ball"? Seriously? Did you actually watch the play?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...53111108083714

Check out the video there, start at 0:47 for a bunch of slow-mo angles, and come back here and post whether he touched the ball.

Again, it was not clean, he did get Payne in the face and deserved a flagrant because of the windup (I happen to think it should have been a Flagrant 1 and not a 2), but he also definitely got mostly/all ball with his hand.
    Ok, he got some ball...agreed on Flagrant 1.

Should've given Payne a flagrant 3 for lying on the court for so long after his nose was tickled.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Should've given Payne a flagrant 3 for lying on the court for so long after his nose was tickled.
    I was expecting to see blood

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    that's where that karmic part comes in for the 2...

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Hahahah

Spida better hurry up and get the Jazz back in this game, cause the rest of the team is certainly not going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Spida better hurry up and get the Jazz back in this game, cause the rest of the team is certainly not going to do it.
    Jazz really miss Conley as an offensive catalyst/distributor and especially on D. Mitchell doing all he can. Be lucky to get out of this series and then face a rested Suns team that just keeps getting better.

Suns FTW.......of it all. Least injured team.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Suns FTW.......of it all. Least injured team.
    Suns are looking good and it seems like that team is peaking at the time.

I'd probably put my money on the clips right now. I wouldn't bet against Kawhi in the playoffs, but I'm still holding out hope that the Jazz will beat them.

Not to try to provide Danno level analysis about teams I don't follow, but Kevin Durant appears to be really fkn good at basketball

49 points
    17 rebounds
    10 assists
    2 blocks
    3 steals
    16/23 fg
    70% fg

And if KD plays one minute less than the full 48 the Nets probably lose the game.

Yeah. That was ridiculous. I mean ridiculous.

16-23.

He scored 49 points on 23 shots. That’s terrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

He's a bad man.

The path for the Jazz got a lot easier, Kawhi out for possibly the series and CP3 out indefinitely with Covid.

Was Paul vaccinated? Seems they have not disclosed that, although is COVID protocol is shorter if he was vaccinated than if not, so the world should find out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Was Paul vaccinated? Seems they have not disclosed that, although is COVID protocol is shorter if he was vaccinated than if not, so the world should find out soon.
    From what I've been able to gather he is vaccinated (there's a documentary that he's in and maybe produced about the last day of the NBA pre-Covid). If that's the case it seems like it would be a family member that tested positive.