Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1592
    Ty was definitely the coach of the Cavs. LeBron was the GM.

Stoked for the Hawks, Trae is really fun to watch.

And there a TONS of big time Hawks fans here, and the NBA in general is huge here. It’s just that Atlanta is a hard luck city when it comes to titles. Much like Cleveland sports fans, they see a lot of consistency and success out of franchises but are always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Love that we don’t know who the hell is going to win it all this year, makes it a lot more fun than just penciling team A and team B straight to the Finals (I say that as “my team” is in year 3 of wandering the desert but damn those streaks of four consecutive Finals runs sure were fun)
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The unexpected part was Ty, not Doc. There was a time when everyone said LeBron was the real Cavs coach and that Ty was just an empty suit.
    Ah, gotcha, I misread that, my bad.

Re Reggie Jackson and big $. I agree he's not worth a big contract but what the Jazz and a lot of other teams need is a 'dog' who can bite in the playoffs. Reggie seems to have evolved into that kind of player.
    Well, he might be a good get if he has truly changed; some guys do figure out shooting later in their career (citation: Jason Kidd). But unless you're Jimmy Butler, perimeter guys who can't shoot become really problematic in the playoffs, and I'm not convinced that Reggie isn;t one of those.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This has to be one of the most unpredictable seasons in NBA history, right?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Ok, how about Ben and George Hill for CJ and ROCO.

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

I like the new blood in the mix this year; makes the unpredictability fun.

Trae Young’s heel turn is awesome. Love that he’s in East. Dude is a problem.

Bucks squeaked by, no thanks to Coach Bud. Kinda rooting forthem but they’re so wonky.

Suns are cool; can’t root for CP3. Maybe hope they win without him. Like that they’re mostly home grown.

Clippers have hit their zenith. Hope it remains their zenith for decades…

Hawks and Suns for me. Loved Trae's reaction to jackass fans a while back.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Also re KD, a half shoe size smaller and he hits the game winning 3-pointer instead of the game tying 2-pointer. Milwaukee held on in overtime, but only just.
    Or if my man Joe Harris, one of the 5 best three point shooters in the NBA, would have hit that three in OT to put the Nets up 5. But then again, watching KD iso for 20 straight possessions will take any shooter not named Kerr out of their rhythm.

I do think that while KD has been battle tested, the supporting cast, especially with Kyrie out and Harden hurt, needed some playoff seasoning to make the jump. They got that experience this year.

I'd say the Nets, if they can stay healthy, will be very hard to beat next year. I'm not sure I'm very happy about that possibility.

Becky Hammon and Chauncey Billups getting second interviews with Portland this week, with Hammon supposedly the front runner and the person Jody Allen wants to hire.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Becky Hammon and Chauncey Billups getting second interviews with Portland this week, with Hammon supposedly the front runner and the person Jody Allen wants to hire.
    That would kick ass.

With so many openings, I hope that more than 1 team hires a woman HC. Because otherwise, the spotlight on the "first woman head coach" would be pretty brutal.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I highly doubt that would happen because presently there aren't many "eligible" female candidates. It will take some time. She'll be fine. Hope she gets the job... from what I've read she has her X's and O's pretty dialed with Pop taking her under his wing. Seemed to work out well for Steve Kerr.

Well, I have seen 3 female candidates mentioned: Hammon, Staley, and Lawson. So it is possible. Personally, with what little I know, I hope Lawson gets the Cs job.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Ah, gotcha, I misread that, my bad.

Well, he might be a good get if he has truly changed; some guys do figure out shooting later in their career (citation: Jason Kidd). But unless you're Jimmy Butler, perimeter guys who can't shoot become really problematic in the playoffs, and I'm not convinced that Reggie isn;t one of those.
    Jimmy Fucking Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Huerter stepped up UUUGE!!! Hawks!!!
    He was great! I cannot remember him ever taking 18 shots in a game since High School. The kid is really good. The Lakers need a Huerter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I'd say the Nets, if they can stay healthy, will be very hard to beat next year. I'm not sure I'm very happy about that possibility.
    It's pretty strange that of the top three players, KD didn't get hurt. KD, 33 next year, Hardin 32, Kyrie 30...all three could be considered injury prone. Even if only two of them are healthy they're going to be tough to beat...shit, just KD and they're really tough to beat.

Some of the Simmons trades are pretty laughable. I would love the Golden State trade if I was a Warriors fan...giving up Wiggins and some other guy plus a 2nd rounder would be quite the swap...76ers should hate that.

Blazers trade that everyone talked about sounds interesting to me. I like CJ but they need Def...maybe resign Powell, trade CJ for Simmons, and otherwise run it back out there?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    It's pretty strange that of the top three players, KD didn't get hurt. KD, 33 next year, Hardin 32, Kyrie 30...all three could be considered injury prone. Even if only two of them are healthy they're going to be tough to beat...shit, just KD and they're really tough to beat.

Some of the Simmons trades are pretty laughable. I would love the Golden State trade if I was a Warriors fan...giving up Wiggins and some other guy plus a 2nd rounder would be quite the swap...76ers should hate that.

Blazers trade that everyone talked about sounds interesting to me. I like CJ but they need Def...maybe resign Powell, trade CJ for Simmons, and otherwise run it back out there?
    I'd do it. I LOVE CJ but that experiment has run its course.

PG Dame
    SGNorm
    C Nurc
    SF Covington
    F Simmons

Melo
    Ant
    Enes
    D Jones Jr.

On paper, that's a good defensive squad. On paper. I'd like to see continued investment in Ant and get Collins some walking papers.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Hard pass for me. I wouldn't even trade Wiggins straight up for Simmons. He was good this year on both ends. Some real lock down D and he'd hit a lot of clutch shots in crunchtime. Is Simmons a better regular season player? I guess so, but who gives a fuck about the regular season?

Fuck yeah, Pistons with the #1 pick!!! Ben Wallace for the win!

How does Hskeem look younger than Ben Wallace?

^^^^clean livin.

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Hard pass for me. I wouldn't even trade Wiggins straight up for Simmons. He was good this year on both ends. Some real lock down D and he'd hit a lot of clutch shots in crunchtime. Is Simmons a better regular season player? I guess so, but who gives a fuck about the regular season?
    Simmons would be poor fit on Dubs

I’m content that KD leaving (coulda left for nothing)
    Turned into DLo
    Turned into Wiggins and #7 pick

Mully, Steph, & H Barnes were all chosen at 7.

We’re #3!

Now, someone please take Kevin Love and his franchise-crippling contract.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Simmons would be poor fit on Dubs

I’m content that KD leaving (coulda left for nothing)
    Turned into DLo
    Turned into Wiggins and #7 pick

Mully, Steph, & H Barnes were all chosen at 7.
    Yeah, Wiggins turned out to be a great fit for the Warriors’ system. When Klay is back I’m very content having him as our third option and he’s now a solid, versatile defender. He locked down some of the best scorers in the league at times this year.

I suspect we may see them put a package of picks together (and maybe Wiseman) for a quality veteran. They need a vet to lead the second unit and just in general because aside from their core 3 they’re a really young team.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, Wiggins turned out to be a great fit for the Warriors’ system. When Klay is back I’m very content having him as our third option and he’s now a solid, versatile defender. He locked down some of the best scorers in the league at times this year.

I suspect we may see them put a package of picks together (and maybe Wiseman) for a quality veteran. They need a vet to lead the second unit and just in general because aside from their core 3 they’re a really young team.
    I didn't watch many Ws games this year...but when I did it seemed like the Steph show, with Draymond doing a good job of running a sort of forward point thing. I take your opinion on Wiggins as accurate because he never stood out to me when I saw them. Simmons may be a lost cause, and in that case I wouldn't trade Wiggins for him either
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Now, someone please take Kevin Love and his franchise-crippling contract.
    I think he wants to play in the olympics to rehab a little trade value and get out of Cleveland.