Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1592
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    But you also can't just ignore Draymond on offense or he'll generally make you pay for it. He's consistently near the top of the league in assists despite playing in the 4 or 5 spot. I've been saying for years now I don't see how a team is going to win a Championship with a PG who can't shoot. Draymond is also the quarterback of the defense, as opposed to just individually great like Simmons.
    I agree, that's why I brought Draymond up, he doesn't score but he isn't a liability on the floor because he can make free throws (not great at it, but good enough) and can hurt you in different ways. Still, he's not much of a shooter either. The reality is that in today's NBA playoffs, even ignoring the free throw stuff, you can only successfully have one guy on the floor who can't shoot from the perimeter (in many cases, they don't even have to be a good shooter, they just have to be willing to shoot; Draymond isn't good from deep but he is willing to let it fly, whereas Simmons simply won't shoot). More than that, and spacing gets really hard. It's easier when you can have a guy who can't shoot but plays in the post, or from the elbows, or is a rim runner. But Simmons doesn't do those things, so instead you have a guy on the perimeter who refuses to shoot from the perimeter.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I propose a Kemba for Simmons trade so fans of both teams can learn a new form of point guard frustration next year.

Rondo couldn't/can't shoot. Jason Kidd couldn't shoot for the first 15 years of his career. Neither was much of a leaper either. But like Danno said, they did... stuff (like Draymond)... that made them great, even against playoff D. They were unpredictable, causing chaos and confusion. They had spooky court vision. Simmons is predictable. Plus he talks about how great he is and doesn't get any better. That's hard to root for.

Simmons has 5 attempts in his last 6 quarters. Oof!

I actually think a Simmons for CJ McCollum trade might make a ton of sense for both teams. Portland has Dame to keep opposing defenses honest on the perimeter, and they could really use Simmons' defense. Meanwhile CJ would stretch the floor a bit in Philly and give Embiid more space to operate since he's solid from behind the arc.

Simmons is kinda pathetic. Like, dude, you're still shooting with the wrong fucking hand. You have a MAX contract!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Simmons would have been a good 80s/90s era player before the 3pt-er became the thing that matters. The Hack-a-Simmons at the end of games was funny in the beginning but now it's cringe inducing. Especially when all that's necessary is a 50% free throw percentage for the tactic not to work.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Incredible how good the sixers looked in the first and how terribile they looked in the fourth. Have no idea how they blew a 26 point lead.
    On paper Embiid was equally as good as Paul George last night. The difference is Embiid is gassed by the fourth quarter.

As a neutral spectator these games are fun because of the unpredictably. Even with a big lead going into the fourth you still don't know what's going to happen.

To be fair, Embiid had to shoulder a crazy load. In the second half it was like only he and Seth Curry were actually playing.

Yeah, today Tobias Harris is just fine with all the Ben Simmons talk. Even so, Embiid running out of steam late in a game is still an issue....

Thought this was kinda funny:

Attachment 377342

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    If Ben Simmons is still a sixer at the start of next season I'd be surprised. I can't believe Sixer fans are still standing behind this guy, what an offensive liability. How many times can a "star" player score in the single-digits in big games and still be considered a star?

Watching the sixers blow a double-digit lead for the second game in a row was rough. And it's not like the Hawks are a crazy talented team.
    Dame for Simmons, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Yeah, today Tobias Harris is just fine with all the Ben Simmons talk. Even so, Embiid running out of steam late in a game is still an issue....

Thought this was kinda funny:

Attachment 377342
    They did that in Portland a couple of years ago too.

Simmons has 5 attempts in his last 6 quarters. Oof!

I actually think a Simmons for CJ McCollum trade might make a ton of sense for both teams. Portland has Dame to keep opposing defenses honest on the perimeter, and they could really use Simmons' defense. Meanwhile CJ would stretch the floor a bit in Philly and give Embiid more space to operate since he's solid from behind the arc.

Simmons is kinda pathetic. Like, dude, you're still shooting with the wrong fucking hand. You have a MAX contract!
    Would much rather trade CJ but I doubt the Sixers would do it. Maybe throw Simons in too.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

It would likely include a draft pick too, I'm guessing. PDX needs to do something to change it up, so why not give it a try?

Happy for Seth Curry - he had some early struggles in the league (bouncing around from various teams) and obviously his brother casts a huge shadow, but he's really established himself as a solid player now. He was on fire last night.

Rick Carlisle just stepped down from coaching the Mavs.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It would likely include a draft pick too, I'm guessing. PDX needs to do something to change it up, so why not give it a try?

Happy for Seth Curry - he had some early struggles in the league (bouncing around from various teams) and obviously his brother casts a huge shadow, but he's really established himself as a solid player now. He was on fire last night.
    Would love to get Simmons. Pretty durable defender that is a great athlete. His offense hasn't turned out to be that great, but it wasn't great at LSU either (they missed the tourney) so not exactly a surprise, but have him shoot a couple hundred FTs a day over the off season and get it up to 70% like draymond and I think you've got an awesome player. For the Sixers, CJ would be a great scorer for them and alleviate the pressure on Embiid.

Would love Dame for Simmons and picks.

of course you would. Olshey would have to be nuts to take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    of course you would. Olshey would have to be nuts to take that.
    What do you think Olshey should get for Dame from the 76ers in this hypothetical? cinnepa's Dame for Simmons and some picks (not sure what that is, lets say their next two 1st rounders) seems not nuts to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    What do you think Olshey should get for Dame from the 76ers in this hypothetical? cinnepa's Dame for Simmons and some picks (not sure what that is, lets say their next two 1st rounders) seems not nuts to me.
    Well, I guess in part it depends on how you value Simmons (and to a lesser extent, how you value Dame). But look at some of the recent trades of superstars, or even just stars: Harden, Holiday, AD, PG. Unless you view Simmons as a basketball stud that can be easily fixed, Simmons plus picks is not enough. Because if Simmons is a fundamentally flawed player that will always get exposed in the playoffs, you just traded away the only guy that keeps your team relevant, for a guy who is taking you nowhere.

Simmons for CJ seems a more realistic trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Well, I guess in part it depends on how you value Simmons (and to a lesser extent, how you value Dame). But look at some of the recent trades of superstars, or even just stars: Harden, Holiday, AD, PG. Unless you view Simmons as a basketball stud that can be easily fixed, Simmons plus picks is not enough. Because if Simmons is a fundamentally flawed player that will always get exposed in the playoffs, you just traded away the only guy that keeps your team relevant, for a guy who is taking you nowhere.

Simmons for CJ seems a more realistic trade.
    I just don't think the 76ers make that trade. Simmons for CJ and some picks might work

I also think the Blazers have little to lose. They're not winning a championship with Dame and CJ so they need to do something. It would suck to see Dame or CJ light it up elsewhere but also frustrating to watch the Blazers allow in mediocrity wasting Dame's prime.

It would have to be Dame for Simmons and like 3 first round draft picks. Dame is a superstar, Simmons is not. We all discussed whether they should have signed him to that max deal a few years back. A lot of us said it would sink Philly's chances unless he learned to shoot.

CJ + draft pick for Simmons seems very realistic, but only if the draft pick is top 10 protected or something. Simmons is seriously tainted goods right now. I think a straight-up trade with no picks would be fair. If your team has to pull you out of the game during crunch-time, you are not a real star, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I just don't think the 76ers make that trade. Simmons for CJ and some picks might work

I also think the Blazers have little to lose. They're not winning a championship with Dame and CJ so they need to do something. It would suck to see Dame or CJ light it up elsewhere but also frustrating to watch the Blazers allow in mediocrity wasting Dame's prime.
    Well, they're not winning a championship with Simmons and CJ, you can bank on that, so why take a swing at that? Simmons and Dame at least has a shot. And yes, Simmons for CJ and pick(s). I don't entirely agree with TahoeJ that straight up could happen, I do not see Philly taking that, but I agree that it shouldn't be crazy draft picks.

Oh, I don't think a straight up trade would actually happen... I just think it might still be fair.

Simmons is getting 2015 Tony Allen'd like that Warriors / Memphis series and in the playoffs that's a huge problem. It's even worse because at least Allen could shoot free throws at 70%. A point guard who can't shoot from outside and is afraid to drive to the hoop... uh, is problematic.

Ok, we'll throw in Furky too, .....you're welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	575E6A16-C9D7-48BF-ACC8-BDB568DA7CB7.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	893.2 KB 
ID:	377371
    I still call it The Jake.

At least he isn’t afraid to shoot.

Simmons? Lol.
    I still call it The Jake.

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Embiid. When your co-star completely fucking bitches out, it seems lame to put any of the blame on him. I’ve criticized Embiid before but not this time.

And John Stockton is an anti-vaxxer, so currently outside the Jazz arena we've got a statue of a statutory rapist/pedophile and and an anti-vaxxer.

Interesting Celtics / OKC trade. Good for both sides. Celtics unload Walker and create cap flexibility, and they didn't really "need" that #16 pick anyway.