Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1592
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    He shot 40% from 3, which is a winning percentage. So relatively speaking, he didn't miss a ton of 3s, he took a ton and made them at a very good clip.
    True, I guess I just thought the Jazz needed to attack the basket more, particularly when we weren't able to buy a bucket in the first half. and Donovan is our best player to do that. But then again, the Jazz live and die by the 3, and that's how our offense is run. Just being overly critical I guess as Spida had a great game, start to finish.

I guess the point of my post is that I think the Jazz are capable of playing a lot better than they did in game 1.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    But no way Blazers overpaid for Wesley Mathews, who is one of their best FA signings all time. (five-year, $34 million). Blazers were 41-19, on a five game winning streak, and looking elite heading into the playoffs when Mathews tore his achilles in March of 2015. That injury prompted the last major Blazer overhaul away from Aldridge, Batum, and Mathews.
    Okay, i agree that was a good signing for Blazers. I was just bummed they outbid the Jazz at the time because I think Wesley Matthews is a great talent and I thought it was a good story having Matthews on the Jazz since his father was also a Jazzman at one point.

Embeast is on another level....with torn meniscus too.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Gobert is one of those players who could have zeros on the stat line and still be the most important player on the court.
    Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I guess the point of my post is that I think the Jazz are capable of playing a lot better than they did in game 1.
    Paul George's shooting percentage was less than 30%. I think the biggest risk to the Jazz is the Clipper wings getting hot. In that scenario Gobert could become a liability especially if the Jazz don't play better. Gobert did do a good job stopping Kawhi from driving and his last defensive stop of the game worked out for us. But we're also fortunate Marcus Morris didn't choose to draw the easy foul or make the easy pass to Leonard.

All in all a thrilling game. Between last year's Denver-Utah series and this year's game one against the Clippers people are missing out if they're not watching Donovan Mitchell play like a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Paul George's shooting percentage was less than 30%. I think the biggest risk to the Jazz is the Clipper wings getting hot. In that scenario Gobert could become a liability especially if the Jazz don't play better. Gobert did do a good job stopping Kawhi from driving and his last defensive stop of the game worked out for us. But we're also fortunate Marcus Morris didn't choose to draw the easy foul or make the easy pass to Leonard.

All in all a thrilling game. Between last year's Denver-Utah series and this year's game one against the Clippers people are missing out if they're not watching Donovan Mitchell play like a superstar.
    Watch Shaq take credit for prodding Mitchell

Gobert?! .....please

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Gobert?! .....please
    Ok homer, lets hear your argument...
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Ok homer, lets hear your argument...
    haters gonna hate

^^^IMO there's a national hate for philly; be it the process or something else..........i'm not shocked by the DPOY pick, but until gobert could guard a #1 thru #5, and shut them down, get back to me. Embiid blew the MVP by missing games.

I'm no Philly OR Utah fan, but the idea that Simmons should have been DPOY and was somehow robbed is a fiction created by Philly fans and Simmons himself. He's a great defender, and maybe it's true that he can "guard 1-5" and Gobert can't, but that isn't nearly the whole story. Could Simmons guard Embiid or Jokic well? Eh, that's questionable, over a long period of time I have no doubt he'd get abused. He can guard most of the 5s in the league because these days most teams don't have 5s who can abuse people on O, so it's very misleading to trot out the "he can guard 1-5" argument. Also, for as good as Simmons is, his team does not create an entire (very successful) defensive game plan around what he does on the court. And the opposition does not game plan around his defensive abilities, but they most certainly do that for Gobert. So GTFO of here with that "Simmons should have been DPOY", that was purely a narrative started by Philly/Simmons and the rest of the NBA (and the voters) weren't fooled.

And the idea that the DPOY must be someone who can guard 1-5 is fucking ludicrous.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I will say simmons should just stfu on self-glossing. Let others do that.
    As far as gobert defending other centers....80% of the centers in this league suck.

You think there is more national hatred for Philly than there is for white bread, racist Utah? I am pretty sure if you gave the NBA a choice they would pick the 6'ers every day of the week. For the record, I think your cheesesteaks are phenomenal.
    Have you watched many Jazz games? The impact that Gobert has on defense is unreal (opposing teams are shooting under 50% from less than 6 feet away when he is in the game)
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-defender-list

Edited to add, I am self confessed Jazz homer so take it this how you want. Homer on dude!

Simmons can guard 5 positions, hes going to need more of an impact defensively than that.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

^^^ha, you got me....only time I see Utah is when they're playing the sixers.

As far as gobert defending other centers....80% of the centers in this league suck.
    Exactly, that's why the notion that Simmons can guard 1-5 is a pretty pointless stat; he can guard the 80% that suck, big whoop.

But if you think Gobert won because of how well he guards the centers of the league, I would like some of the crack you're smoking.

And unlike telee, I ain't no Jazz homer. But every time I watch the Jazz (which isn't a lot, admittedly), it is obvious that Gobert's existence -- and where he is on the court -- is always on the minds of the opposition. And it's equally obvious when he sits that the opposition changes their approach.
    Last edited by Danno; 06-10-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

And the idea that the DPOY must be someone who can guard 1-5 is fucking ludicrous.
    to prove the point
    Name:  2Xdpoy.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  39.5 KB
    2 time DPOY Mark Eaton ( and likely should of won another if not for MJ love )

Another guy that still altered even more shots than he blocked and had to defend GOAT level Centers like Jabbar & Olijuwan

edit MJ only won one, I just remember it being BS
    Last edited by Woodsy; 06-10-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Ben Simmons is overrated. I don't even think he deserved to be in the all-star game this year.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im not a gobert as a person fan
    but he d's up tough and deserves the dpoy
    i agree with woodsey well cept change loves to skills
    rip big dude aint a lot of 7 footer on the slopes
    and seeing one always made me smile
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Ben Simmons is overrated. I don't even think he deserved to be in the all-star game this year.
    I agree with that....the lack of O in his game is frustrating as hell as a fan.

Gobert is French! Is there anyone more hated than the French? Reminds me of the best commercial of all time:

I thought Gobert deserved DPOY, but was disappointed that 1/2 the voters had Draymond nowhere on their ballots.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im not a gobert as a person fan
    but he d's up tough and deserves the dpoy
    i agree with woodsey well cept change loves to skills
    rip big dude aint a lot of 7 footer on the slopes
    and seeing one always made me smile
    in all our many years of spending time together we have not disagreed on much but Jazz/Bulls was certainly one. Now, I have to bow down to Jordan's Bulls in almost every comparison but his DPOY was some bullshit

and before you say "but the stealz!?!" the all time steals number is one of the most unbreakable records in basketball, and Jordan doesnt hold it Name:  DPOY.JPG
Views: 265
Size:  47.0 KB
    Last edited by Woodsy; 06-11-2021 at 08:41 AM.

I agree with that....the lack of O in his game is frustrating as hell as a fan.
    I think it displays a lack of heart. Developing a jump shot really only takes one thing and that's repetition. I mean you could have bad mechanics, but not with NBA coaching. Then again, the sixers ruined Markelle Fultz's jump shot so maybe it's part of the process hahaha

Playoff basketball with no commentary, just crowd and sneakers and crowd.
    Basketcams on espn3/app

So good

It appears Mr Mitchell came to play tonight

I bet Jazz fans soiled their pants when the Clippers took the lead in the 4th. I really like that Clippers lineup with PG, Leonard, Batum, Jackson and Beverly that got the Clippers back in the game. Might be the best possible defensive lineup any NBA team can run, although would not work well against a dominant offensive big like Jokic. And Beverly should never, ever, shoot, even from one foot. Batum was +7 for the game because he was the key part of that lineup playing the 5 at 6'8". Batum knows Gobert's moves from their time together on the French national team and can get in his head, en francais.