Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1592
    Boston needs Smart and (Jaylen) Brown ( and Tatum and Thompson). It would be silly to trade those guys especially given the injury record for any of the stars they have traded for in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Wiggins: As stated several times previously, Wiggins is not “untouchable,” but he is a much better defender now. You didn’t watch him much last year, I’m guessing. Example: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...warriors%3famp

And

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshy...pj-dozier/amp/

“His defense ranks fifth-best among all small forwards, per ESPN’s Real Plus-Minus. This is a huge improvement since just last season when he ranked 85th out of the 99 players listed at his position.”

Wiggins played good D much of the year and held up to big wings like Kawhi.

Counting on him to be average or better from 3 and space the floor for Curry, Klay, and others instead of having 2 defenders play rover with Draymond and Simmons on the floor.

With Klay there, Wiggins will have to shoot only wide open 3s off the catch and won’t have to create much off dribble except on 2nd unit.

Klay: Klay won’t be playing until January and may not be 80% at the start. If he’s 90% by playoffs, that would be good.

Closing lineup - by end of year: Curry, Jordan Poole (or Oubre or someone like Batum on the Taxpayer MLE), Klay, Wiggins & Draymond.

2 shooters league average or better from 3; 2 over 40% from 3; and Draymond.

Dubs have some holes that need filling at wing, vet center, and backup PG
    Thanks. As a Blazers fan I would love nothing more than the off-season to end up with the the warriors settling on that line up. I mean no disrespect, but that squad isn't winning a championship.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Wiggins in his career made the playoffs…once. 1 time. 5 games and out. He sucks. He plays a position/role you need more from. So let’s not bring playoff stats into it.

The warriors minus Klay failed to even make the (non playin) playoffs. So…1. Draymond isn’t that good 2. Wiggins isn’t that good. 3. (Gasp) curry isn’t that good. That “wagon” Wiggins was so important to…didn’t do anything.

6ers made the playoffs and came in first in the east with Simmons as their #2, prime facilitator, prime defender. Playoffs he sucked on offense. Sure. But the warriors didn’t even make the playoffs. The “untradeables” didn’t make the playoffs.

Blow it up.
    I mean, I didn't want to be an asshole but at some point you have to see the writing on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I mean, I didn't want to be an asshole but at some point you have to see the writing on the wall
    We're talking about Simmons going missing in the playoffs, right?

Thanks. As a Blazers fan I would love nothing more than the off-season to end up with the the warriors settling on that line up. I mean no disrespect, but that squad isn't winning a championship.
    JHC, for the 40th time - the roster has holes. Keep putting up straw men before the draft or free agency/trade season.

Dubs would be a 4-5 seed (based on 15-5 end of season run and add Klay) So, neither the Blazers or the Dubs are top 4 teams on paper before the draft or free agency.

Do the Blazers have 2 lottery picks, Wiseman, or a possible Oubre sign/trade as assets to try to get better? Who wants CJ and his contract?

For the upteenth time, who’s gonna take Wiggins’ $31M and give back a better wing who can play with Steph, Klay and Draymond? (Dubs would need a better wing coming back or they’re creating a bigger hole)

Apparently not the Sixers (whether or not Simmons can revive himself. Or how about Wiggins + 14 for Harris? Sixers almost made ECF with Simmons being a head case. Why would they do that?)

Who then? Toronto/Siakam? Name all the wings who you think are better than Wiggins AND whose team would trade for Wiggins + 7 or 14 (not both).

Cull from those the ones that: don’t shoot better than 37% from 3; are under 6’7”, and aren’t top 10 on defense among wings. Would love to see them.

What assets do the Blazers have to improve? Is Billups going to get past people talking about his rape case and avoid endlessly spamming high PnR, or come up with some variation? Can Collins get/stay healthy? Got a better bench option than Melo? What are the Blazers gonna do to get better? CJ for Ben? https://www.blazersedge.com/2021/7/4...ideas-packages

For that matter, what are Jazz gonna do? Lose Conley (or keep and he’ll get hurt again)? Have way to replace? Trade for some wing D instead of relying on small or slow wing defenders to funnel to Gobert? 30 pick useful?

Denver - they won’t have Murray next year. Backcourt of Campazzo and Rivers? All year? Morris and MPJ are good. Barton runs hot/cold. Gordon was disappointing. Might lose McGee and Milsap. Who else is going to support Jokic?

Lakers: AD and LeBron going to be able to stay healthy? Schroeder likely gone. Gasol looks done. Caruso likely too expensive. KCP sucked. Kuzma sucks. Horton Tucker is OK, but maybe not the blossoming savior he was made out to be at start of year. Restricted free agent who might get poison pill offer.

Mavs: Kidd as coach. He wasn’t good before. what do with Porzingus? What do when other team goes small, like Clippers did? Bench was ineffective.

Clippers: Kawhi stay healthy? Or they might lose him to a team with cap space. Might lose Batum. Likely losing Reggie Jackson. Trade PatBev for an actual playmaking PG or keep running things through PG13?

Suns: Could lose CP3 to a team with cap room (depending on age 38 rule). https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/...r-38-rule.html

Every team in West has issues. Better teams have fewer of them.

JHC, for the 40th time - the roster has holes. Keep putting up straw men before the draft or free agency/trade season.

Dubs would be a 4-5 seed (based on 15-5 end of season run and add Klay) So, neither the Blazers or the Dubs are top 4 teams on paper before the draft or free agency.

Do the Blazers have 2 lottery picks, Wiseman, or a possible Oubre sign/trade as assets to try to get better? Who wants CJ and his contract?

For the upteenth time, who’s gonna take Wiggins’ $31M and give back a better wing who can play with Steph, Klay and Draymond? (Dubs would need a better wing coming back or they’re creating a bigger hole)

Apparently not the Sixers (whether or not Simmons can revive himself. Or how about Wiggins + 14 for Harris? Sixers almost made ECF with Simmons being a head case. Why would they do that?)

Who then? Toronto/Siakam? Name all the wings who you think are better than Wiggins AND whose team would trade for Wiggins + 7 or 14 (not both).

Cull from those the ones that: don’t shoot better than 37% from 3; are under 6’7”, and aren’t top 10 on defense among wings. Would love to see them.

What assets do the Blazers have to improve? Is Billups going to get past people talking about his rape case and avoid endlessly spamming high PnR, or come up with some variation? Can Collins get/stay healthy? Got a better bench option than Melo? What are the Blazers gonna do to get better? CJ for Ben? https://www.blazersedge.com/2021/7/4...ideas-packages

For that matter, what are Jazz gonna do? Lose Conley (or keep and he’ll get hurt again)? Have way to replace? Trade for some wing D instead of relying on small or slow wing defenders to funnel to Gobert? 30 pick useful?

Denver - they won’t have Murray next year. Backcourt of Campazzo and Rivers? All year? Morris and MPJ are good. Barton runs hot/cold. Gordon was disappointing. Might lose McGee and Milsap. Who else is going to support Jokic?

Lakers: AD and LeBron going to be able to stay healthy? Schroeder likely gone. Gasol looks done. Caruso likely too expensive. KCP sucked. Kuzma sucks. Horton Tucker is OK, but maybe not the blossoming savior he was made out to be at start of year. Restricted free agent who might get poison pill offer.

Mavs: Kidd as coach. He wasn’t good before. what do with Porzingus? What do when other team goes small, like Clippers did? Bench was ineffective.

Clippers: Kawhi stay healthy? Or they might lose him to a team with cap space. Might lose Batum. Likely losing Reggie Jackson. Trade PatBev for an actual playmaking PG or keep running things through PG13?

Suns: Could lose CP3 to a team with cap room (depending on age 38 rule). https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/...r-38-rule.html

Like I said, I meant no disrespect. I think the Dubs running back out the Steph, Klay, Draymond lineup is the best they can do short-term and yeah, they have a lot of good picks to fling around to build up the team. I think that's all good.

My points are merely to TahoeJ who seems to think Wiggins is the end all be all, which I find hilarious considering he's not very good, had a career year last year playing with Steph while he was quadruple and triple teamed. His numbers are likely to take a hit next year and I think his defense has never been that great. He's overpaid, but as you point out, the Blazers have done a great job of overpaying for mediocre talent too. I like the Dubs situation better than the Blazers for sure, but my point again is that neither team seems to have a path to a realistic shot at a chip. Maybe the Dubs can package up Wiggins with some picks to get a better wing at a lower price so y'all can load up the lineup elsewhere. That's a lot of salary tied up in a mediocre (at best) player.

Lakers: they're fucked IMO. Lebron one year older, seems to be getting injured more often, and plays with the glass man (AD). They're hosed on their cap, Schroder is a nice guy to come off the bench but they were relying on him to score way too much and he's not very good. Kuzma sucks, the rest of their squad is suspect (KCP heavily utilized). I love that they're fucked.

Nuggs: bummer about Murray, and they need to do something to get a more legit backcourt next season in his absence. I agree, it's going to be tough for them.

Utah: If I'm the Jazz I basically run it back out there. Mitchell was playing through an injury and still did very well. Golbert got exposed, but there isn't much of a market for him IMO. I think Conley Jr. needs to be able to play into the playoffs for them to have a legit chance.

Blazers are fucked IMO. I would be interested in seeing Simmons on the Zers for CJ, but it probably ain't happening. Nurk thinks he's as good as the Joker, and he's just not. I don't know...pretty down on the Zers chances.

Clipps: What are they gonna do? try to run PG and KL back out there again with a random cast of dudes to support?

So yeah man, I guess the Dubs 4/5 seed next season and maybe a tough out in the playoffs.

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

I’m happy to sit here for now and quote the shit out of this thread down the road.

Saying I don’t want Ben Can’t shoot for shit Simmons doesn’t make Wiggins my favorite player, so stop building up strawmen to take down. It’s goofy. Just stop. He’s a good fit but also happy to trade him when it makes sense.

If Klay comes back and is Klay again, we’re legit. That’s it. The rest is just noise.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

How about the unlikely chatter of Paul George and change for Lillard? That's a pretty strong lineup but I wonder who's be the team leader.

In other news, Collins broke his foot AGAIN. He's done. Great pickup by Neil.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    How about the unlikely chatter of Paul George and change for Lillard? That's a pretty strong lineup but I wonder who's be the team leader.

In other news, Collins broke his foot AGAIN. He's done. Great pickup by Neil.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Sorry to see Collins hurt again. Doesn’t look like he’ll get a real chance to contribute/improve.

Interesting. Clippers with Dame and Kawhi? Dunno how that would happen, but Dame is more vocal and up front for sure. I always thought part of the Clippers’ issues came from Kawhi not being vocal/up front face of franchise. Great player when healthy, but seems like he’s missing some leadership quality. Seems best with other leader types on team with him.

Hey BMills - Cavs gonna buy out KLove?

Man, Boston really is assembling the all-Portland coaching staff. Udoka (from Portland) got his first chance in the NBA as a player because Aaron Miles (from Portland) failed his physical with the Blazers, and they gave his spot to Udoka. Now Udoka just added Miles to his coaching staff, after already adding Portlander Damon Stoudamire.

These NBA finals have been highly entertaining.... Last nights game was top notch, despite some questionable calls. If you're not watching, you're missing out. Though I'm sure you'll be seeing Giannis blocks for awhile

I don't know who to root for as I like watching both teams play and both are from smaller markets so it would be cool to see either. Hopefully, the series goes 7. "Series ain't over until the home team wins"

Also is this just a Portland and Golden State homer thread? I could care less what either of these teams do in the off season. I actually don't really care about the off season that much besides the draft. I hope Dame gets dealt though cause i doubt he wins a title up there or even gets out of the first round

CP3 looks vulnerable (and that was after extra rest days). Key TO near end of game. 15 TOs in 3 games. We’ll see if he remains diminished next few games.

CP3 looks vulnerable (and that was after extra rest days). Key TO near end of game. 15 TOs in 3 games. We’ll see if he remains diminished next few games.
    Nothing would make me happier than to see CP3 go down in flames, I cant even explain why I dislike him so much, I just do. If it wasn't for him I would be pulling for Phoenix hard, but as it is I am all in on the Bucks.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

he looked so bad last night that I decided to hedge my Phoenix bet with a bet on the Bucks to win it all.

Dame reportedly going to request a trade. Feel for Blazers fans.

Nurkic, who is pretty tight with Lillard, questions the source:
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-07-16 at 11-13-27 Jusuf Nurkić on Twitter.png
Views: 237
Size:  20.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I don't know who to root for as I like watching both teams play and both are from smaller markets so it would be cool to see either. Hopefully, the series goes 7. "Series ain't over until the home team wins"
    You could apply the "who bonks/bonked a Kardashian/Jenner" test. Root for the team with fewer.

Dame reportedly going to request a trade. Feel for Blazers fans.
    As a Dubs fan how do you really feel about the reported trade for Lillard that would include Wiseman, Wiggins, and the 7th and 14th 1st round picks? If the Zers are going to lose Lillard I think they'd be dumb not to take that trade....I know, I bagged on Wiggins, but his salary is what's key IMO...plus, as you guys pointed out, he's not that terrible.

Murray will be back in December-ish, did I miss something? Definitely not all year. Immediately makes them the team to beat in the West (for posterity )

As a Dubs fan how do you really feel about the reported trade for Lillard that would include Wiseman, Wiggins, and the 7th and 14th 1st round picks? If the Zers are going to lose Lillard I think they'd be dumb not to take that trade....I know, I bagged on Wiggins, but his salary is what's key IMO...plus, as you guys pointed out, he's not that terrible.
    I’d love to see Dame on the Dubs, especially with OAK roots, but I think they’d have some serious roster issues (especially on defense) after the trade needed to get him.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    Murray will be back in December-ish, did I miss something? Definitely not all year. Immediately makes them the team to beat in the West (for posterity )
    Murray/Den: December seems quick. Tore ACL late April, so even 10 months instead of the typical 12 month recovery puts him at end of Feb for first game action. Would be great if he comes back healthy and early.

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

They’d have few wings and lose a C, but it would be fun to watch.

Think of this: Spam high PnR with Dame or Steph and Draymond, and have 2 great shooters around arc (Klay and Steph or Dame) if anyone doubles.

3x 40+% 3pt shooters taking open shots. Take 50 3s a game and make 21. 63 points on 50 possessions. 1.26 points/possession.

No size on D or rebounding. They’d play 126-125 games. Be like watching Nellie ball on steroids…

Dunno if Blazers get a better package if they want to reload with some picks and some bodies. Wiseman will need 2-3 years to develop. Wiggins has 2 years left and would have a big expiring the next year if you don’t like him in year 1.

Knicks have cap space and 4 first round picks (2 this year and 2 next year), if you want to reload without taking $ back. Prefer that to Wiggins and Wiseman? No? OK, add Obi Toppin or Quickley…

says some thing that its 3-2 in the NBA finals and noone in this thread of NBA fans is talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    says some thing that its 3-2 in the NBA finals and noone in this thread of NBA fans is talking about it.
    Game 5 was fantastic.

This is the Warriors / Blazers homers thread, not really the NBA 2021 thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.