Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1592
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Danno - What is Boston trying to accomplish this offseason ?

Spitballing: Would the Celts trade Brown and Smart for Lillard? (Works $ wise on NBA trade machine)

If not, what else would they offer or want? What other assets do they hold? Think Blazers go for that or….?
    It's really not clear yet, because Brad is entirely new at this, as is Udoka. And we don't yet really know what Brad thought of the roster he was given or how he values players. Maybe Brad swings for the fences, but I also think he may just try to re-sign Fournier, pick up a serviceable PG (through trade or ?), and run it back, but maybe trading Tristan Thompson and rolling with Timelord, Big Al, and the new guy Moses. I could see counting on a fresh coach, continued growth from the 2 stars, as well as continued growth from their young guys, as worth waiting on. Timelord in particular could be a difference maker if he stays healthy.

But if swinging for the fences so to speak, I doubt they include Brown in a deal for Dame. Surely Brad could see that a team with Tatum and Dame and no other stars isn't going to get a ring. That's why I see a deal for CJ, without Brown, as more likely.

The Cs own all of their picks (except for this year) so they could certainly empty the coffers in the right deal.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Agree w Danno. Simmons better player. Shooting can be improved (if he actually works on it and in the right way; Fn Draymond seemingly doesn’t so we already have negative experience with him.)

Wiggins + 7 pick for Simmons? I would be Ok with it, even with the crummy spacing for the Dubs, but Philly would want more. BTW, Who is gonna run Philly’s offense?

Wouldn’t want Wiggins + 7 + 14 for Simmons though. Dubs need young, cheap, and controllable bench players and need more shooters.

Moody, Bouknight, Kispert, Duarte, Butler and others may be available at 14.
    Problem is that Philly can do better, NOT that your hypos aren't fair. That's always the fucked up part...somebody's always willing to surpass smart and equitable to desperate or stupid.

Simmons is a great athlete who needs the right coaching staff and shrink. I'd take him at PDX for more than the above but only because we're dying for defense...literally. Desperate? Maybe!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Wiggins FG% lifetime .446. At his peak (this year) .477. 3pt % .341. He should shoot as many 3’s as Simmons.

Simmons .560. Actually pretty decent. Good, efficient shooter.
    Decisions Decisions

Yep. Simmons 50% on 2/4 from field and 1/2 from line for 5 total points in a crucial Game 7. His team’s last game of the playoffs.

Good player. Good efficiency. Low volume.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1625279317.873278.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	389.3 KB 
ID:	378584

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

He has to be trolling. Not taking the bait.

“You can’t miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” - Ben Simmons.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

“I wouldn’t trade Andrew Wiggins for Ben Simmons” is the troll job
    Decisions Decisions

Tip o the cap - Simmons is working on his skills instead of playing for Australia in the Olympics.

Meanwhile…

Name:	Image1625283567.324115.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	283.4 KB 
ID:	378589

I’m mostly neutral and will watch most teams, but nominally the sixers are the team I root for. I also live in SF and my partner is a lifelong W’s fan, so I see almost all of their games as well.

I really love Ben as a player (he was my favorite sixer until this season) but honestly I’m not sure I’d want to trade Wiggins for Ben if I was the W’s. (I also *really* wouldn’t want to trade Ben for Wiggins if I were Morey.)

As tantalizing as certain nights are (that night he scored 38 against gobert/the jazz with Joel out), I don’t really see how having Ben and Draymond on the floor in crunch time works. And does Ben need coaching or some kind of psychologist/attitude adjustment? That seems harder than coaching.

As to who runs the offense if Ben leaves, it’s maxey, not shake. Maxey is gonna be good and if Ben doesn’t get in foul trouble in game 6 and open the door for a ton of minutes for him they most likely lose that game.

It sucks, I really want Ben to be a star, he’s still probably underrated on defense, but I don’t know if he’s going to figure it out, whatever “it” is.

^^ I’m noticing how people who watch Warriors games all seem to agree with me. Never said that Wiggins had more trade value than Simmons, merely that in the Warriors’ case he would be a horrible fit. I guess understanding the dynamics of your favorite team that you watch all the time makes you a homer or troll.

Qs: Do NBA fans want their favorite players to play in the Olympics? Or, is it better for them to rest and be ready for the grind of the season?

I like watching top level guys play with different teammates, but want my team’s guys to rest and recover.

Depends on the player. I’m glad Curry is resting but also glad Draymond is playing. I think it will be good for him heading into next season.

Name:  210305198_4356005881162426_6592980844342535823_n.jpeg
Views: 205
Size:  104.2 KB

So efficient.

Tip o the cap - Simmons is working on his skills instead of playing for Australia in the Olympics.

Meanwhile…

Name:	Image1625283567.324115.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	283.4 KB 
ID:	378589
    Let's say Klay is 100% next season. what kind of production to you anticipate out of Wiggins? What's your crunch time 5? Steph, Klay, Draymond, Wiggins and Wiseman? point is, there are only so many shots to go around, with Steph and Klay likely taking the majority of shots. Wiggins isn't much of a defender, contrary to what people expected out of him coming out of college, so the idea must be that Wiggins offense is so far superior to Simmons that you're willing to take his sub-par defense along with Steph being a sub-par defender and hope that Klay, Draymond and Wiseman can pick up the slack. Might work...but I just want to make sure I'm understanding the idea behind "Wiggins is untouchable!"
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Wiggins in his career made the playoffs…once. 1 time. 5 games and out. He sucks. He plays a position/role you need more from. So let’s not bring playoff stats into it.

The warriors minus Klay failed to even make the (non playin) playoffs. So…1. Draymond isn’t that good 2. Wiggins isn’t that good. 3. (Gasp) curry isn’t that good. That “wagon” Wiggins was so important to…didn’t do anything.

6ers made the playoffs and came in first in the east with Simmons as their #2, prime facilitator, prime defender. Playoffs he sucked on offense. Sure. But the warriors didn’t even make the playoffs. The “untradeables” didn’t make the playoffs.

Blow it up.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Let's say Klay is 100% next season. what kind of production to you anticipate out of Wiggins? What's your crunch time 5? Steph, Klay, Draymond, Wiggins and Wiseman? point is, there are only so many shots to go around, with Steph and Klay likely taking the majority of shots. Wiggins isn't much of a defender, contrary to what people expected out of him coming out of college, so the idea must be that Wiggins offense is so far superior to Simmons that you're willing to take his sub-par defense along with Steph being a sub-par defender and hope that Klay, Draymond and Wiseman can pick up the slack. Might work...but I just want to make sure I'm understanding the idea behind "Wiggins is untouchable!"
    Wiggins: As stated several times previously, Wiggins is not “untouchable,” but he is a much better defender now. You didn’t watch him much last year, I’m guessing. Example: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...warriors%3famp

And

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopshy...pj-dozier/amp/

“His defense ranks fifth-best among all small forwards, per ESPN’s Real Plus-Minus. This is a huge improvement since just last season when he ranked 85th out of the 99 players listed at his position.”

Wiggins played good D much of the year and held up to big wings like Kawhi.

Counting on him to be average or better from 3 and space the floor for Curry, Klay, and others instead of having 2 defenders play rover with Draymond and Simmons on the floor.

With Klay there, Wiggins will have to shoot only wide open 3s off the catch and won’t have to create much off dribble except on 2nd unit.

Klay: Klay won’t be playing until January and may not be 80% at the start. If he’s 90% by playoffs, that would be good.

Closing lineup - by end of year: Curry, Jordan Poole (or Oubre or someone like Batum on the Taxpayer MLE), Klay, Wiggins & Draymond.

2 shooters league average or better from 3; 2 over 40% from 3; and Draymond.

Dubs have some holes that need filling at wing, vet center, and backup PG

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Wiggins in his career made the playoffs…once. 1 time. 5 games and out. He sucks. He plays a position/role you need more from. So let’s not bring playoff stats into it.

The warriors minus Klay failed to even make the (non playin) playoffs. So…1. Draymond isn’t that good 2. Wiggins isn’t that good. 3. (Gasp) curry isn’t that good. That “wagon” Wiggins was so important to…didn’t do anything.

6ers made the playoffs and came in first in the east with Simmons as their #2, prime facilitator, prime defender. Playoffs he sucked on offense. Sure. But the warriors didn’t even make the playoffs. The “untradeables” didn’t make the playoffs.

Blow it up.
    You’re either a troll, an idiot, or both.

Wiggins was straight up good this year, particularly on defense, where he was doing a great job defending other teams’ number one option. Not Ben good, but my eyes said maybe 85% as good. The Warriors defense was surprisingly good down the stretch with him in that role, something like top 5 I think?

Again, not a warriors fan, although I’ve taken more of a liking to them post-KD.

And yeah, if Ben was willing/able to play as a small ball 5 he could fit a lot of places way better, but he has been really stubborn about not doing that. He also just stands around pretty much every half-court possession which is the antithesis of what the warriors do.

You all know that those guys aren't playing right now, right?

Turn on the Bucks - Hawks game.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

^^ I’m just glad that series is over. Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ I’m just glad that series is over. Yeesh.
    You may now return to defending Golden State, while the Bucks go to the finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Nah, I’m good. Not really worth arguing with such ridiculous takes.

Hope Giannis comes back in the finals and Milwaukee wins.

Right?

I am just so looking forward to watching next year’s Warriors
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Imagine how good Wiggins could be if he could shoot as well as Ben Simmons.

Fucking hell…let it go