Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    "Need more athleticism"? Is there something about Europeans that are less athletic? Or is this the subtle racism because you assume that they are white, and you assume that whites are less athletic?
    Ya, I think it is racism. I just don't like Doncic. I think it's because I feel he is overrated and the NBA desperately wants to have a white star because their worldwide audience is mostly white. I just don't fear Doncic. I think my man can take him and I think his flabby arms are why I think that. CJ looks a little flabby too. Needs to hit the weight room.

"Need more athleticism"? Is there something about Europeans that are less athletic? Or is this the subtle racism because you assume that they are white, and you assume that whites are less athletic?

Here's an incomplete list of great euro basketball players that aren't named Dirk or Luka, some are bigs and some aren't. I don't see any common thread of "lacks athleticism".

Giannis
    Tony Parker
    Ginobli
    Gasol Brother
    Jokic
    Petrovic
    Stojakovic
    Kukoc
    Porzingis
    Gobert
    Divac
    Dragic
    Schrempf
    Bogdanovic (both of them)
    Kirilenko
    Gallinari
    Rubio
    Turkoglu
    Fournier
    Schroder
    Just here for some stat sheet fillin, wife let him cheat, opened a Hooters in Russia:

AK 47Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AK47.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	376327

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Who is the best Euro in NBA history under 6 foot 10 in other than Doncic? Durk is widely considered the best euro ever, but he's 7 ft. There is not a great track record of Euro small forwards having elite careers in the NBA. Need more athleticism in that position. Maybe Doncic will prove me wrong.
    Now you're just talking out your ass.....

Some of the best players in the NBA currently are euros..... Like GIANNIS, Jokic and Luka.

Bojan Bogdanovic, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Dario Saric, Ricky Rubio, Dennis Schroder, Clint Capela, Danilo Gallinari, Evan Fournier, Goran Dragic, and Kristaps Porzingis are alll still in the NBA and i think most of us would be stoked to have any of these guys on our teams. (well maybe not Rubio

Andrei Kirlenko, Peja Stojakovic, Toni Kukoc, and Detlef Schrempf are some of the wings that come to mind that are no longer playing in the NBA but were all=stars in their time.

Ya, I think it is racism. I just don't like Doncic. I think it's because I feel he is overrated and the NBA desperately wants to have a white star because their worldwide audience is mostly white. I just don't fear Doncic. I think my man can take him and I think his flabby arms are why I think that. CJ looks a little flabby too. Needs to hit the weight room.
    Well you are in the minority and probably don't understand basketball very well if you're sleeping on Luka Doncic. If anything Doncic is underrated, that dude is amazing. He just dropped 42 pts and 14 assists while playing visibly hurt, and against some of the "best" defenders in the NBA (PG and Kwahi). He either scored or assisted on 31 out of the 37 mavericks scoring possessions. And its not like the Mavs are stacked with talent. Sorry but Luka is legit and he's only 22. Plus he obviously has heart, like more heart than the whole clippers team combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    putting him in 11th, just behind:
    Jordan
    James
    West
    Baylor
    Bryant
    Chamberlain
    Durant
    O'Neal
    Olajuwon
    Iverson
    and just ahead of Jabbar & Barry from what I could find. Not a statistician, but a googler
    Meh. 40 is totally arbitrary. There are some all time great playoff games where guys scored like 37 (in games where the final score was like 98-95 due to slower pace of play). I like the 30+ playoff games list a lot more...

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/mos...n-nba-playoffs
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Meh. 40 is totally arbitrary. There are some all time great playoff games where guys scored like 37 (in games where the final score was like 98-95 due to slower pace of play). I like the 30+ playoff games list a lot more...

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/mos...n-nba-playoffs
    point taken, was a random stat I saw and was impressed by. Total points scored in t a playoff game is worthless, older of us remember when Jordan used to regularly score 50+ ( or even 60+) and lose on the reg. Just impressed with our young European, and a little scared of him in the next round

edit, that list also goes against your theory of "the significantly faster pace of play in the modern NBA. Way more possessions."as its full of old heads

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    edit, that list also goes against your theory of "the significantly faster pace of play in the modern NBA. Way more possessions."as its full of old heads
    Not really. Back when the pace was slower it was still pretty achievable to have a great game and score 30+, but you'd really have to be going off to break 40. We now see 45+ games on the regular compared to even 10 years ago. MJ and Kobe being a major exception (and Wilt, but that was sort of different back then).

Not really. Back when the pace was slower it was still pretty achievable to have a great game and score 30+, but you'd really have to be going off to break 40. We now see 45+ games on the regular compared to even 10 years ago. MJ and Kobe being a major exception (and Wilt, but that was sort of different back then).
    3 distinct eras for certain

Man... Portland was in complete control of that game and just fell apart. Bummer, game 7 would have been fun.

Go Suns!

Go Nuggets! Bring on the Suns!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well, at least the way the Blazers lost shows undeniably that they are a flawed team. I hate to say it, but it may now be the perfect time to trade Lillard and go for full rebuild. Only two Blazers are under contract after next season, Lillard (4 more seasons) and McCollum (3 more seasons). Jody Allen doesn't care about basketball and seems to be holding onto the team just to see where it goes, as this was Paul Allen's team. Now that it is clear it is not going anywhere, it may be the perfect time to unload Lillard for a bunch of draft picks and expiring contracts. Maybe they can use one of those draft picks to unload CJ as well. And then they are a clean slate with low salary and a bunch of draft picks, making it a perfect time to sell the team. I just hope they can stay in Portland.

I remember reading about Michael Porter Jr back in 2017 in the lead up to the state championship at the Tacoma Dome. They asked Mike Bethea, who coaches at Rainier Beach High School in Seattle if he had ever seen a better high school player than Porter. Bethea coached Nate Robinson, Terrence Williams, Dejounte Murray and Jamal Crawford in high school. He coached against Brandon Roy, Jason Terry Aaron Brooks, Martell Webster, and Spencer Hawes, and closely followed other Washington State stand outs Rodney Stuckey, Marvin Williams, Luke Ridnour, and Isaiah Thomas. His answer, only one player he has seen in person who was a better high school player than Porter, and that was LeBron James who he saw score 36 points against Carmelo Anthony’s Oak Hill Academy at the Prime Time Shootout in New Jersey. Porter Jr was probably the most highly touted high school prospect to ever come out of Washington.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/article137629808.html

Man... Portland was in complete control of that game and just fell apart. Bummer, game 7 would have been fun.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ByIvbmF.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	376347

Tony Parker and Manu were pretty good.
    Manu is from Argentina.

Fucking blazers...guess I'll pull for the suns and nuggs. Jody Allen isn't the issue...the blazers were 29th in def. Not many teams have made the playoffs with that bad of defense. Stotts and Olshey have got to go. If lillard wants out I think trade him, if only to give him a shot at a championship. Depressing

Blazers with and without Damian Lillard this series:

+27 in 248 minutes with Dame

-35 in 50 minutes without Dame

Getting outscored by 35 points in only 50 minutes is unfathomable. Nuggets slaughtered them.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/...46524564959237

Just came to say
    Go Mile High City Nuggets!!!

Here's an incomplete list of great euro basketball players that aren't named Dirk or Luka, some are bigs and some aren't. I don't see any common thread of "lacks athleticism".

Giannis
    Tony Parker
    Ginobli
    Gasol Brother
    Jokic
    Petrovic
    Stojakovic
    Kukoc
    Porzingis
    Gobert
    Divac
    Dragic
    Schrempf
    Bogdanovic (both of them)
    Kirilenko
    Gallinari
    Rubio
    Turkoglu
    Fournier
    Schroder
    Have all types...

Marciulonis
    A. Sabonis
    D. Sabonis
    Biedrins
    Belinelli
    Darko
    Batum
    Pietrus
    Diaw
    Valanciunus
    Capela
    Vucevic

Love seeing Lakers go down

Clips next!

but it may now be the perfect time to trade Lillard and go for full rebuild.
    Trade Lillard? That's crazy talk. He's the face of your franchise and super loyal to Portland. It would not be a good look at all and would seriously impact their ability to attract future free agents.

There are other star-level players who would probably be happy to team up with him once that cap space opens up. He's still only 30 and in great shape, so he has several years of his prime left. It is, however, probably time to trade CJ after years of rumors about that happening.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Someone LeQuit on his team. This is why I roll my eyes at people trying to put him ahead of MJ. Not the first time he's pulled this shit before.

Someone LeQuit on his team. This is why I roll my eyes at people trying to put him ahead of MJ. Not the first time he's pulled this shit before.
    Raises hand from 2010 against Boston.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Raises hand from 2010 against Boston.
    And it happened with the Heat against the Spurs

I remember watching this and thinking LeBron is disgusted with his teammates and he was passing to show they sucked.

From Grantland:

"During Game 5 of the 2014 Finals, something happened that few people noticed because San Antonio played so wonderfully.

Trailing by seven after halftime, LeBron came out for the third quarter and wouldn’t shoot. Every pass was sent with a little extra zip, as if he were telling Micky Arison and Pat Riley, here’s the team you stuck me with.

Watching it in person, you could tell he was tired and pissed, but you couldn’t tell if it was because the season was slipping away … or because of something deeper. He wasn’t openly sulking, but he wasn’t rallying everyone, either.

He looked detached again. Much like Games 5 and 6 of the Boston series in 2010, actually.

The Spurs quickly extended their lead to 20, with LeBron attempting one shot in Miami’s first 14 possessions. If he wanted to prove a point, he certainly proved it. Midway through the fourth quarter, trailing by 18, he missed a 3 and didn’t even run back on defense. The man was totally spent, mentally and physically. He had given everything he could give."

If you head over to the NBA subreddit there's a bunch of clips of him quitting on plays. It's pretty apparent he dgaf. He also left without shaking hands. LeInfant.

Trade Lillard? That's crazy talk.
    May not have a choice

Name:  Damian Lillard Quotes Nipsey Hussle, Asks, “How Long_” - Blazer's Edge — Mozilla Firefox 6_4_202.png
Views: 422
Size:  440.4 KB
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CPr8Btxg...7-cbbd082939a0

CJ is owed 30, 33, and 35 mil for the next three seasons. Who in their right mind wants CJ their starting 2 guard at that price? Blazers can theoretically trade CJ, but won't get anything of value in return. They are in a damned if they do, damned if they don't dilemma.