Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Clarkson re-signed by the Jazz and Favors makes a return. Not sure why the Pistons have signed or drafted enough centers for three teams? Pistons gonna Piston.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Drummond plays for the Cavaliers...

On another note, looks like the Raptors will start the season playing in Tampa. Closed border putting a damper on Toronto play.
    Ha! I forgot about that. Shows how relevant those teams are.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Clarkson re-signed by the Jazz and Favors makes a return. Not sure why the Pistons have signed or drafted enough centers for three teams? Pistons gonna Piston.
    Hollinger is not a fan:

Detroit, please, WHAT ARE YOU DOING (Friday, 7:18 p.m.)

• Pistons: Mason Plumlee signed a three-year, $25 million deal with Detroit, and then minutes later Detroit announced it signed Jahlil Okafor to a two-year deal (presumably for the minimum).

I’m sorry, but … WHAT?!?!?!

Plumlee is a halfway decent backup center that BORD$ rated as a $3.5 million proposition. He’s also 30, so his best years are almost certainly behind him. This deal would be a bad value on the face of it, but it gets worse the deeper you dig.

For starters, this deal likely takes Detroit out of the market for Christian Wood – you know, the center they already had who is actually good – because it cuts the Pistons to just $3.45 million in cap rom. Technically Detroit can still keep Wood if he re-signs as an Early Bird free agent for $10 million or less, but that prospect seems increasingly dim based on the hordes of centers the Pistons keep acquiring.

Also, the Pistons aren’t exactly in win-now mode. Where does paying a 30-year-old career backup fit into the plan here?

Wait, I’m still getting warmed up. Even supposing that the Pistons wanted a veteran center around, this isn’t even close to the best option available. Plumlee may not be any better than Isaiah Stewart, Tony Bradley, Dewayne Dedmon or Okafor — the other FOUR centers Detroit acquired in the past 72 hours (yes, really) — but signing him took the Pistons out of the mix for the many other players who might be.

Had Detroit wanted a starting veteran center, the Pistons had $11.5 million in cap room – trumping any team with the mid-level exception. Even if they didn’t want to use it on Wood, that room is almost certainly enough money to put them in the mix for the likes of Hassan Whiteside, Montrezl Harrell, Jakob Poeltl, Derrick Favors or Serge Ibaka.

Finally, did you know there were four other positions besides center? Detroit used all its cap space to acquire Plumlee and Bradley, traded shooting guard Tony Snell for Dedmon, and then burned a roster spot on Okafor for good measure. They have five centers and only two players who can dribble (three if you count Dzanan Musa dribbling into a contested 40-footer), and now they have no money left to acquire any others.

Overall, we have an early leader in the contest for the worst free-agent contract.

On a positive note, congratulations to agent Mark Bartelstein, who has to be some kind of warlock to get Plumlee paid this much.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hawks are signing Gallinari.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hawks are signing Gallinari.
    Travis Schlenk has a clue.

Love love dwight howard as embiids backup.

I feel bad for Piston’s fans. I mean, what in the hell are they thinking? Trying to see some of them actually defend it is a real head scratcher.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Yes, I went from passively anti-Jimmy to extremely Pro-Jimmy during the bubble.
    Not for this Celtics fan. It only deepened.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Uh why? Clown + clown = circus.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Uh why? Clown + clown = circus.

That’s entertainment!

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    I thought getting seth curry and Danny green were solid moves and add much needed perimeter shooting. BUT dwight howard? That dude is a locker room cancer and it seems like the sixers locker room already has enough going on. I don't see it working out

Woj is reporting that Charlotte is signing Hayward for 4yrs/$120M. Wow.

Bwahahahaha

I'm bummed to lose Gordon, and especially bummed to lose him for nothing. But that money is insane.

Someone on The Athletic comments asked if it was going to be a sign and trade like the rumored deal with Indiana. I looked at the Hornets roster and was like "nope", they have trash.

I am always struck by guys who just go for the money. I mean, sure, Charlotte offered way more, but you also know that you're just not going to win there. Maybe your stats are a little better, but don't you like making the playoffs and winning? I mean, isn't $20 million a year, or $25 million, good enough? Guess we know that isn't the case for Gordon and some other guys.

Goddamnit, why throw that kind of money at Hayward. Fucking robbery. I get it; he is pretty good when healthy but why the fuck would they give him 30 a year when he just missed 2/3 of the last 20 games and is as injury-prone as they come?
    swing your fucking sword.

And we have a winner for worst contract in the NBA! That shit is insane. After that horrific injury that could have ended his career, I can't really blame Hayward for chasing the money.

Charlotte is just desperate to sign anyone, clearly.

I actually expect Gordon to earn that money at least some of the time. His stats were depressed by playing 4th fiddle with the Celtics. Still, when he's 34 and has suffered a few more injuries and is pulling $30M for a shitty team, the contract will look really bad.

And ultimately, whether he earns that money or not, the Hornets are not going to be a winning team. That's the part that always surprises me.

And ultimately, whether he earns that money or not, the Hornets are not going to be a winning team. That's the part that always surprises me.
    This could not be truer. Adding Hayward will do nothing to change that fact. I don't know how I feel about LaMelo. Just kinda meh. Edwards and Wiseman project much better imo, especially Wiseman.
    swing your fucking sword.

I was so relieved when the Warriors drafted Wiseman, both because we need his size but also we avoided having to hear shit coming out of LeMelo's dad's mouth all the time.

It’s been said that the Pistons paying Josh Smith for six years after they cut him was one of the worst contracts ever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64421B03-757F-4E10-AA06-85F5A2899816.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	418.9 KB 
ID:	349121

It’s been said that the Pistons paying Josh Smith for six years after they cut him was one of the worst contracts ever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64421B03-757F-4E10-AA06-85F5A2899816.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	418.9 KB 
ID:	349121
    Ha

Gordo gets guaranteed money, in a low pressure city where he can live in the suburbs and fit right in.
    Show up, earn his money, go home. Happy dude

I'm skeptical, like a good many others, about Hayward but there are a couple of reasons why the deal might make sense. Good scoring wings are in short supply so the numbers are less about Hayward and more about the dearth of options. And, before his injuries in Boston Hayward played with Lebronesque fearlessness making it a bet on him getting some of that back:

Last edited by MultiVerse; 11-21-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Free agent Paul Millsap has agreed to a one-year, $10M-plus deal to return to the Denver Nuggets, his agent DeAngelo Simmons says.

Damn, always liked Millsap. Guess Favors will do.
    Be fun to see those two battle

I was hoping the Celtics would pick up Millsap.