Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1592
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    3,753
    Lakers fans; can't even get the smack talk correct. Typical. :nono2:

    Also, the same people that say, "'Zers" are the same people that say, "'Za" instead of pizza. And all of them can drive, full speed, right into a freeway exit barrier.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    3,753
    Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post

    I was always impressed with Stockton and Malone's work ethic. I was told that they would compete to see who would come into fall training camp with the lowest percent body fat.
    As much as I hated the Jazz with those two at the helm, it was hard to knock their skill and dedication. Eff, they were good. It made for some epic battles with the Blazers. I'm still convinced that both Malone and Stockton were the dirtiest players in the NBA at the time.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    The West has a ton of talented teams, but the Lakers won 4-1, 4-1, 4-1, in the west and then won the finals 4-2.
    Yeah bubble year weirdness, but none of these series were close. "weaker champs?" I mean I hate the Lakers as much as most fans of Western conference teams, but curious how they are weak.
    Maybe just in comparison to other champs. 2020 Lakers were weaker than every champ from 2010 to 2019, except maybe 2019 Toronto and 2011 Mavs.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,867
    Why the fuck are the Raps looking to play in Louisville?

    They should play in Seattle this year. Seattle deserves a NBA team more than Louisville.

    I get the whole E Conf thing, but címon, man!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    11,551
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Maybe just in comparison to other champs. 2020 Lakers were weaker than every champ from 2010 to 2019, except maybe 2019 Toronto and 2011 Mavs.
    2016 Cavs?
    curious what you mean by weak, cuz this Laker team seemed head and shoulders above the rest of the league. It seemed like they even had another gear if they needed.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Lakers fans; can't even get the smack talk correct. Typical. :nono2:

    Also, the same people that say, "'Zers" are the same people that say, "'Za" instead of pizza. And all of them can drive, full speed, right into a freeway exit barrier.
    I grew up in Portland. The Blazers were religion in my family. My dad got arrested once for "scalping," (DA through it out). We (and all of our friends) called them the Zers. All of you can eat black and red dicks!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,485
    Hayward sign-and-trade to Pacers looking more and more likely. I'll guess Turner and McDermott for Hayward (depending on the deal Hayward signs).

  8. #58
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    13,100
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Maybe just in comparison to other champs. 2020 Lakers were weaker than every champ from 2010 to 2019, except maybe 2019 Toronto and 2011 Mavs.
    Yeah, this is what I meant. Not taking anything away from LA - they beat who was in front of them and that's that. But I don't see them going into next season as some sure thing to return to the Finals.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    11,551
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I grew up in Portland. The Blazers were religion in my family. My dad got arrested once for "scalping," (DA through it out). We (and all of our friends) called them the Zers. All of you can eat black and red dicks!
    Rip City ain't nuthin ta fuck wit

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    9,222
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Why the fuck are the Raps looking to play in Louisville?

    They should play in Seattle this year. Seattle deserves a NBA team more than Louisville.

    I get the whole E Conf thing, but c’mon, man!
    Hmmm, not sure Climate Pledge Arena will be done in time.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    26,487
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Hayward sign-and-trade to Pacers looking more and more likely. I'll guess Turner and McDermott for Hayward (depending on the deal Hayward signs).
    I'd rather have Gordon, but if he's gonna leave I'll take it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Hayward sign-and-trade to Pacers looking more and more likely. I'll guess Turner and McDermott for Hayward (depending on the deal Hayward signs).
    Huh. I kinda like the Pacers. I think that would be an improvement for them. I think.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'd rather have Gordon, but if he's gonna leave I'll take it.
    Same. At least those two would fill needs. But causal fans have lost sight of how well Hayward played when healthy last year.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Huh. I kinda like the Pacers. I think that would be an improvement for them. I think.
    For sure. Turner and Sabonis don't fit with each other. Hayward fits with anyone and he's a better player.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,615
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    causal fans have lost sight of how well Hayward played when healthy last year.
    This. Going to miss him. Go Celtics. Fuck the Lakers.

    Regarding fun teams to watch, I have to begrudgingly give '19-'20 Miami some love. I hate them for all eternity for beating the Celtics and I can't stand Jimmy Butler's smug mug. Him and Robinson. But that team can sure play. And Herro's role in the playoffs was a rookie performance for the ages. He ran with the big dogs.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    3,753
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Why the fuck are the Raps looking to play in Louisville?

    They should play in Seattle this year. Seattle deserves a NBA team more than Louisville.

    I get the whole E Conf thing, but c’mon, man!
    Here here! The fact that Suckramento still has the Kings and Seattle is without is, well... dumb. And Louisville? I mean, I kinda get it, but Seattle > Louisville.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I grew up in Portland. The Blazers were religion in my family. My dad got arrested once for "scalping," (DA through it out). We (and all of our friends) called them the Zers. All of you can eat black and red dicks!
    Listen up here, Sport. I also grew up in Portland and I still reside here. I was fortunate to grow up during the Clyde/Porter/Kersey era. The family had season tickets for decades. And that's not meant to be a I'm-more-a-fan-than-you volley, merely that I too bleed red and black. My statement stands about the stupid 'Zers nickname. Rip City.

    As you were.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    This. Going to miss him. Go Celtics. Fuck the Lakers.

    Regarding fun teams to watch, I have to begrudgingly give '19-'20 Miami some love. I hate them for all eternity for beating the Celtics and I can't stand Jimmy Butler's smug mug. Him and Robinson. But that team can sure play. And Herro's role in the playoffs was a rookie performance for the ages. He ran with the big dogs.
    I was a Jimmy Butler hater, but I loved watching Miami last year. Every time you watched, you knew that they were going 100%. Regular season game on a January Tuesday where they had fallen behind early? Doesn't matter. They'd still be flying around setting screens, cutting, and playing defense. I watched maybe 8 of their pre-bubble games and I think they won 7. I'm not totally sure what they looked like when I wasn't watching, but they must have been worse somehow or they would have finished with a better record.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    3,753
    Blazers (re)acquire Enes Kanter from Boston in a three-way deal that sends Mario Hezonja to Memphis. This also means that Whiteside is probably gone.

    Hell yes. I don't think anyone is sad to see 'Rio go. That experiment failed, unfortunately. Once the Rose Garden is full, there's going to be a roar when Enes checks in for his first stint.

    RIP CITY

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    4,093
    Looks like there are some Hayward for Drummond trade rumors swirling around.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    As much as I hated the Jazz with those two at the helm, it was hard to knock their skill and dedication. Eff, they were good. It made for some epic battles with the Blazers. I'm still convinced that both Malone and Stockton were the dirtiest players in the NBA at the time.
    Those guys rocked.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Here here! The fact that Suckramento still has the Kings and Seattle is without is, well... dumb. And Louisville? I mean, I kinda get it, but Seattle > Louisville....
    Now I read Tampa. Seattle > Tampa also. Shouldnít the next team be in Seattle? Why donít they prime the pump?

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Looks like there are some Hayward for Drummond trade rumors swirling around.
    Rumors started by the Piston...

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Behind the Zion Curtain
    Posts
    4,093
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Rumors started by the Piston...
    Drummond plays for the Cavaliers...

    On another note, looks like the Raptors will start the season playing in Tampa. Closed border putting a damper on Toronto play.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I don't get it. He doesn't seem like the player he was before the injury, so I don't know who will give him the kind of money that he must be after.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Weird they were shoppin Kemba too...seemed like a perfect fit there.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    3,672
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I was a Jimmy Butler hater, but I loved watching Miami last year. Every time you watched, you knew that they were going 100%. Regular season game on a January Tuesday where they had fallen behind early? Doesn't matter. They'd still be flying around setting screens, cutting, and playing defense. I watched maybe 8 of their pre-bubble games and I think they won 7. I'm not totally sure what they looked like when I wasn't watching, but they must have been worse somehow or they would have finished with a better record.
    Yes, I went from passively anti-Jimmy to extremely Pro-Jimmy during the bubble.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •