Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Who’s our Lakeshow fan?

Bob, maybe try the Cleveland Cavaliers this year instead? Potential! There’s potential!
    I'd always rooted against LA, but I moved to Las Vegas last year and watched a lot of Lakers' games now that I'm in the Pacific Time Zone. I now dislike them notably less. With seemingly every team going three happy, it was fun watching a team that was...built different.

My two favorite teams to watch last year were Denver and Miami, so I enjoyed the Bubble a lot. I'm excited to see how both develop this year, especially Denver. I'm also excited to see how Phoenix develops with Chris Paul and Booker/Ayton. I still generally root for them based on my fondness of the Nash/D'Antoni era, and if vaccines permit people to actually enter the arena, I might try to catch a game sometime as part of an "explore Arizona" trip.

Here's my rough list of my watching interest for next season, based on a combination of team fondness, expected playstyle, and general curiosity for new players/projects:

Denver
    Miami
    LAL
    Phoenix
    New Orleans
    Dallas
    Atlanta
    Portland
    Philly
    Brooklyn
    Milwaukee
    Indiana
    Boston
    Toronto
    Memphis
    Utah
    LA Clippers
    Golden State
    Minnesota
    Houston
    San Antonio
    Washington
    Orlando
    Charlotte
    Detroit
    OKC
    Sacramento
    Chicago
    Cleveland
    New York Knicks

Last edited by Grizz; 11-19-2020 at 02:55 PM. Reason: double

A friend of mine from Portland complained very loudly about the "Zers" abbreviation. I thought that was funny, as it seems popular here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    no doubt, feel the same way about Clyde Drexler

In a bubble yes. Playing in each home cities arena...can you say super-spreader event.

It's astounding that Americans are so fucking selfish to not give up sports for one year to not kill as many people as we otherwise would have

Goddamit, Hayward opted out.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm kinda surprised by that as I wouldn't pay him more than $34 mil/year. But as a jazz fan, I really dislike Hayward.

Definitely the oddest draft I watched as without conference and a NCAA tourney, and most players now being one and dimes, I wasn't very familiar with most the players drafted.

A friend of mine from Portland complained very loudly about the "Zers" abbreviation. I thought that was funny, as it seems popular here.
    I think of you every time I say it.

I don't get it. He doesn't seem like the player he was before the injury, so I don't know who will give him the kind of money that he must be after.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I'm kinda surprised by that as I wouldn't pay him more than $34 mil/year. But as a jazz fan, I really dislike Hayward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I don't get it. He doesn't seem like the player he was before the injury, so I don't know who will give him the kind of money that he must be after.
    He was pretty damn good this year until he got injured in the playoffs; his stats weren't hudge because he wasn't the 1st option for Boston (or even second or third option). I don't think anyone is giving him $34M, but maybe someone gives him 3 years/$75M, and he prefers that (in case he has another horrific injury)? Maybe he wants to have a starring role again? Maybe he cares more about long term money?

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Wonder what Giannis thinks about the Bucks screwing up the Bogs trade...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...dan-bogdanovic

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I want to see Kyrie and Harden together so bad.

Too bad it won't be on the Lakers though.
    Lakers could use a nice guard. But we usually draft them... and trade for a center. Lebron’s team is an exemption tho...

Dubs get Kelly Oubre for a heavily protected 2021 1st rounder (does not convey if in top 20; turns into 2 #2s instead)

This can be an entertaining, if not contending, team.

Starters:
    Curry
    Oubre
    Wiggins
    Draymond
    Wiseman

Bench:
    Looney
    Paschall
    Player with Taxpayer MLE $5.7M (DJ Augustine? A. Rivers?)
    Player with Disabled Player Exception $9.3M (Ibaka? Joe Harris?)
    Minimum contracts (Glenn Robinson III? Wes Matthews? Wayne Ellington?)

He was pretty damn good this year until he got injured in the playoffs; his stats weren't hudge because he wasn't the 1st option for Boston (or even second or third option). I don't think anyone is giving him $34M, but maybe someone gives him 3 years/$75M, and he prefers that (in case he has another horrific injury)? Maybe he wants to have a starring role again? Maybe he cares more about long term money?
    I think Hayward is after a longer deal with his injury history.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Yes, please out yourself so that the rest of the NBA fans can mock you with derision. After all, don't we all have two favorite teams; your home team and whoever is players the Lakers? I know I do.

Also, go Blazers.
    Ah.. the jailblaizers! That was a fun crew... They provided me with one of best sport related memories when Lakers overcame 17 point deficit in game 7 conference finals in 2000

https://youtu.be/_xVyTsrWHiQ

so go ahead... take a lap

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Ah.. the jailblaizers! That was a fun crew... They provided me with one of best sport related memories when Lakers overcame 17 point deficit in game 7 conference finals in 2000

https://youtu.be/_xVyTsrWHiQ

so go ahead... take a lap
    That was pre jailblazers. Christ, people still throwing that moniker around? How's the Malone/Payton experiment going?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Cuz Karl split open Isiah's head like a fucking melon when he tried to bring that weak ass shit in the lane. Still carries the scar.

I was at that game.
    Why must you torment me?

It goes deeper than that, both have been to places I was employed at and Karl and John were not very fan friendly to say the least. Antoine Carr, Greg Ostertag, Thurl Bailey, yeah those dudes were good guys. Stockton and Malone, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Why must you torment me?

It goes deeper than that, both have been to places I was employed at and Karl and John were not very fan friendly to say the least. Antoine Carr, Greg Ostertag, Thurl Bailey, yeah those dudes were good guys. Stockton and Malone, not so much.
    I approached Malone at PDX as a kid and he was super friendly. My sister still has a picture. Maybe he just hates Jazz fans?

Perhaps they can be different away from the game? At the local BMW dealership that was my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Perhaps they can be different away from the game? At the local BMW dealership that was my experience.
    Karl was super approachable when I was in high schoool. He even let his neighbor kid drive his BMW around.

He signed a poster for me "Basketball, not wrestling" when my dad old him I threw guys his size around on the mat. Ironic that he went on to "wrestle" professionally Rev has seen it. Stockton is just super socially akward, fame and fortune not his gig. droppin dimes, stealing the ball, throwing elbows and moving screens he was good at.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Dubs get Kelly Oubre for a heavily protected 2021 1st rounder (does not convey if in top 20; turns into 2 #2s instead)

This can be an entertaining, if not contending, team.

Starters:
    Curry
    Oubre
    Wiggins
    Draymond
    Wiseman

Bench:
    Looney
    Paschall
    Player with Taxpayer MLE $5.7M (DJ Augustine? A. Rivers?)
    Player with Disabled Player Exception $9.3M (Ibaka? Joe Harris?)
    Minimum contracts (Glenn Robinson III? Wes Matthews? Wayne Ellington?)
    I think they can contend. That Lakers team that just won was one of the weaker champs in recent history. The West is deep but I don't feel like there's any true alpha dogs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I approached Malone at PDX as a kid and he was super friendly. My sister still has a picture. Maybe he just hates Jazz fans?
    It's, uh, well documented that Malone likes kids.

If your sister was 13 at the time, that's right in his wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I think they can contend. That Lakers team that just won was one of the weaker champs in recent history. The West is deep but I don't feel like there's any true alpha dogs out there.
    The West has a ton of talented teams, but the Lakers won 4-1, 4-1, 4-1, in the west and then won the finals 4-2.
    Yeah bubble year weirdness, but none of these series were close. "weaker champs?" I mean I hate the Lakers as much as most fans of Western conference teams, but curious how they are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's, uh, well documented that Malone likes kids.

If your sister was 13 at the time, that's right in his wheelhouse.
    Ok, that was funny! I coached Stockton and Hornecek's kids in baseball. Stockton is just socially a different dude, he just was awkward around people, once you got to know him he was actually witty and fun to be around.
    It sucks to hear about Klay, I was looking forward to seeing the Dubs back together and giving the LA teams a run.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Karl was super approachable when I was in high schoool. He even let his neighbor kid drive his BMW around.
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Ok, that was funny! I coached Stockton and Hornecek's kids in baseball. Stockton is just socially a different dude, he just was awkward around people, once you got to know him he was actually witty and fun to be around.
    It sucks to hear about Klay, I was looking forward to seeing the Dubs back together and giving the LA teams a run.
    The times I've met Malone, he was super nice and outgoing.

And I had a similar experience with Stockton as Teleee. met him a couple times as a kid and he just didn't seem comfortable with his fame. Fast forward to 2014 and I find myself at a wedding for his nephew who my wife's friend was marrying. his nephew knew I was a jazz fan and made a point to introduce me to "Uncle John." He seemed like a totally different person around his family plus the dude can really cut a rug. He stole the dance floor at one point doing an irish gig.

I was always impressed with Stockton and Malone's work ethic. I was told that they would compete to see who would come into fall training camp with the lowest percent body fat.