Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Mammoth 11'053'. Get high not covid 20/21

Yeah. I saw that… thx

Anyone recall what a 3, 4 or 5 day day ticket costs at Mammy last season. Asking for a friend who plans to visit but likely won’t bother getting a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Anyone recall what a 3, 4 or 5 day day ticket costs at Mammy last season. Asking for a friend who plans to visit but likely won’t bother getting a pass.
    Right now it looks like you can get a 4 pack of day tickets for $400.

https://www.mammothmountain.com/wint...-trip/quadpack

Maybe the bring a friend pricing would be better?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Awesome. Thanks. Did not see those on the summer site.

BAF is 25% off ticket window price and that has to be more than $130 mid winter these days. $100 per day and walk right onto a lift has got to be the better deal.

I wonder if a 4 out of 5 day ticket would be less expensive.

you know they have a website and phone number and stuff?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Awesome. Thanks. Did not see those on the summer site.

BAF is 25% off ticket window price and that has to be more than $130 mid winter these days. $100 per day and walk right onto a lift has got to be the better deal.

I wonder if a 4 out of 5 day ticket would be less expensive.
    I don't think there is any way to get the cost under $100/day from what I remember looking at prices last season. If your friend is going to ski even 6 or 7 days (or at any other Ikon resorts) it might just be worth getting the Ikon. I know Mammoth and Squaw are both $200+ some peak days over the winter, but never saw either below $130.

^^^ yeah I suggested an ikon to them. They are considering it. Their lives are in flux, so they are not sure how much they will ski. But that got me thinking. They will be in Redondo this winter. I should let them know about Snow Summit as a an option as well.

Myself it would be a no brainer but they are more casual skiers.

Snow Summit Just make the drive.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

I’ve never been to SS. So not sure if it the terrain or people.

My friends are from Maine, but just sold their seasonal business (campground, which is real estate) and bought a home in Redondo (where they lived for a few years before having kids). They are casual skiers, so really don’t need the terrain of Mammoth. They are happy cruising groomers, which seems like what SS has to offer.

OTOH, they are basically retired and could easily head up to Mammoth for a Mon- Wed stint. And MM also has some great groomer terrain.

Yep, I roll up Sunday afternoon and stay through Thursday normally. Hopefully the quanza hut opens this winter so I can score some cheap powder day lodging when I ski June on a weekend.

We've been to Snow Summit several times. It's not Mammoth, far from it, but it's good for half a day of fun when you have other things going on on a weekend but you still want to get some skiing in.

If they stay on the eastern side (the side with only blues and blacks) they'll avoid a large chunk of the annoying crowd (I don't mind beginners at all, I'm happy that they're there. I do mind fast, out of control people).

They also have night skiing.

^^^^thats what I figured. 2 hours from their home. With a pass they could easily go up for a morning session and be home for an evening surf. Or head up mid day and stick around for the evening. And not pay for any lodging.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    We've been to Snow Summit several times. It's not Mammoth, far from it, but it's good for half a day of fun when you have other things going on on a weekend but you still want to get some skiing in.

If they stay on the eastern side (the side with only blues and blacks) they'll avoid a large chunk of the annoying crowd (I don't mind beginners at all, I'm happy that they're there. I do mind fast, out of control people).

They also have night skiing.
    We actually got about 5 days at Summit this year.

I like it for the early season. Drive up, ski about 12-15 groomers in an afternoon, and head home. It's a nice way to break in the boots, and just to keep sharp on non-Mammoth weekends.

We have our schedules set up so that every other Friday is off. Even on the weekends where we don't have Friday off we can usually take off around 11 am if we structure work properly and maybe get a bit done on over the weekend. I like doing that, because Friday afternoon is really not all that bad (crowd wise) for the most part. You can just head up, lap some groomers, and head back. You don't end up getting bored.

After the snow came to Mammoth and Baldy we didn't hit Summit again. But it was great to get about 5-6 warmup days early in the year.

In a big snow year some decent stuff can fill-in. It's not Mammoth obviously, or even Baldy, but I was pleasantly surprised in the 18/19 winter.

Ott,

If Baldy has a big year I would suggest your friends check that out. Having said that, it is really very hit or miss there, and the groomers are limited. Also, the off-piste stuff, while lots of fun, is pretty rocky. Last year was an absolute blast there, but the guys at Phil's ski shop (I absolutely love that place) were definitely put to work.

What is the base Ikon at right now? Honestly, with Summit right there and Mammoth available for mid-week jaunts your friends should seriously consider it. Otherwise I don't know how you get down to 100 a day.

They could also check out Mt. High if they just want to cruise. But even with BAF tickets I don't think Mammoth would make sense more than one weekend without the Ikon pass.

They actually sell a ton of base Ikon passes to people down south who probably get two Mammoth weekends and 6-10 Summit/Bear days. At that rate it is actually quite a good buy.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I heard that some of the local shops have started to get winter gear in so I was curious, who is/are the best bootfitter and ski tech in town?
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

If your up in Mammoth, Cort at Footloose did a good job for me previously, as did a guy at Kittridge Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    I heard that some of the local shops have started to get winter gear in so I was curious, who is/are the best bootfitter and ski tech in town?

I got new liners this past March, and Nick at Surefoot did a great job. Todd is also very good.

I've been taking some notes of good bootfitters mentioned previously in this thread:
    Kevin ("the older one if there are still two Kevins") at Footloose. Edit: and Cort, as mentioned by liv2ski.
    Preston at Kittredge.
    Last edited by Fofo; 09-11-2021 at 01:09 AM.

First dusting.

Nice! We'll try to have our first laps in November (with some older, scratched skis).

Quote Originally Posted by Westmeister View Post
    This thread sucks, thanks for helping to blow up another (used to be cool place), hate on
    Because millions of people read the TGR Mammoth thread? LOL, place your anger on Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Might as well share the closing weekend vids I made before they reopen...

Cool videos! It was a fun season, even if it didn't last through the 4th of July, like other years.

Opening day has been moved to a week from tomorrow! We are planning on being there for our first laps on November 19, but now we may be there even earlier.

So, whoever takes the first laps this season starts a new thread? I like the Tahoe thread's first post with useful information like important phone numbers, bootfitter and shop recommendations.

^^ Great news! Thanks for sharing that Fofo. I am leaving on Monday for a work trip to Delaware, my last one then settling into a #whitecollarskibum winter. My first day will likely be the 4th or 5th. Hope someone gets after it before me!

Anyone that makes it down this season, hit me up! Love to ride witcha.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Stoked to see this. Potentially moving to WA come the new year, so I've been hoping to get back to Mammoth at least once before I go. Guess I'll pretty much have all of Nov and Dec to get my Eastern Sierra fix.

Looks like Team Comish will be there Friday. Likely not right at opening, but psyched to make some turns!

For bootfitting, Corty at Footloose has been retired for a bit.
    He who has the most fun wins!