Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Praise Ullr for delivering the goods and the State of CA for opening up a bit. Really busy with work so I hope to sneak up around the 8th for 4 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Awwwwww yeaaaahhhhhhh!!!........stoked for you guys......and east side spring season++++++

Where do you live eeyore? Do we have actually have a Bridgeport/lee Vegas local posting here now? Welcome!
    Walker - The Disaster Capital of Mono County - and as I put in the Tahoe thread - multiple avalanches in the canyon this morning, shoved a plow into the river

thanks for the welcome

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Walker - The Disaster Capital of Mono County - and as I put in the Tahoe thread - multiple avalanches in the canyon this morning, shoved a plow into the river

thanks for the welcome
    Apparently the poor guy got busted up pretty good, broke some bones and got hypothermia? Rough day on the job!

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Apparently the poor guy got busted up pretty good, broke some bones and got hypothermia? Rough day on the job!
    You may know more than I do. I heard broken bones and it took a while to get him out.

Vibes and hope he heals well.

Buried. Blower broke an hour in. Impossible to keep up with shovels. I am also useless as the Rona got me. Recovering from pneumonia. Kids gave it a valiant effort.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210128_090758.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	695.1 KB 
ID:	360221
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210128_090745.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	608.0 KB 
ID:	360220  

How do I still suck at interneting?

Name:	DC1IU6U.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	360223

just got to bishop. will be skiing full time into may. should be around for a few weeks. looks like it's basically undriveable for a couple days. prob avoid the lifts on the weekend..

Name:	IMG_4118.PNG 
Views:	98 
Size:	600.8 KB 
ID:	360298
    The snow continued to fall Thursday with impressive totals. Ski patrol sight shows 32" of new snow between 7:00 am and 10:00pm last night.

Name:	IMG_4111.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	360299
    Storm skied all afternoon in the ch 8 & ch 15 areas. The snow was slightly denser than Thursday and skied well.
    Be cautious as the snow is very deep. We saw a number of people falling and being buried with just their head visible. The snow is drowning deep and late in the day we heard a deep snow imersion off chair 8 led to a fatality. Skier was found unconscious, full burial with just a pole showing.

Name:	IMG_4114.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	360300
    Ran a few errands after skiing yesterday and town is buried. This is the Rite Aid parking lot.

Name:	IMG_4112.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	360302
    Vons parking lot appears to have been taken over by #vanlife types. My guess is that it's no longer possible to squat on public lands with the new snow, so they showed up in mass in the parking lot. Between the towering piles of snow that need to be moved and campers everywhere parking was even more of a challenge than usual. Buying food for your family is not as important as their sense of entitlement to park anywhere for free. LOL.

Headed back up to the mtn this morning and hope that more chairs are open today. Again, be aware of how deep the snow is and that falling is potentially life threatening.

Looks like they have a several more chairs scheduled for today. Mostly base access chairs. No 3,5,22 or top. Wonder what they will have open for Saturday which is already sold out of day tickets. We will see what a long line looks like this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post

Name:	IMG_4112.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	360302
    Vons parking lot appears to have been taken over by #vanlife types. My guess is that it's no longer possible to squat on public lands with the new snow, so they showed up in mass in the parking lot. Between the towering piles of snow that need to be moved and campers everywhere parking was even more of a challenge than usual. Buying food for your family is not as important as their sense of entitlement to park anywhere for free. LOL.
    Apparently that started last summer.

Mammoth 11'053'. Get high not covid 20/21

Went up to ch 4 this morning and it was apparent that it wouldn’t be opening for at least a few hours. Went back to my buddies place, shoveled more and checked the web site for lift status. Came back up at noon and walked out to ch 4. I was greeted by huge lines on ch 4 and ch 20. Nope! After skiing the last 3 days, with yesterday’s storm riding session where it got deeper with every run, today was about what I had anticipated, crowds are here. Tomorrow is already sold out. If you come up, do so knowing it’s going to be a zoo. I’m staying very far away.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Like June?

Today was a waiting game. Waited at 2, then 21, then saw 2 was opening soon so headed over there, think it opened around 10:30. Chair 1 line wasnt too bad, but as more people were able to come over from Canyon it got packed. Caught the Rogers rope drop and rode some other good stuff. Tomorrow is going to be crazy busy, can't wait to see the mile long line at J1 photos. Only saw minor evidence of avalanches which really surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by snophoto View Post
    Today was a waiting game. Waited at 2, then 21, then saw 2 was opening soon so headed over there, think it opened around 10:30. Chair 1 line wasnt too bad, but as more people were able to come over from Canyon it got packed. Caught the Rogers rope drop and rode some other good stuff. Tomorrow is going to be crazy busy, can't wait to see the mile long line at J1 photos. Only saw minor evidence of avalanches which really surprised me.
    Don't let that fool you. There was a ton of activity in the early part of the storm and that was all covered up by new snow and wind transportation. Settlement rates of 20-30% have hopefully began to stablize the pack. All it takes is that one sweet spot though.

Quote Originally Posted by snophoto View Post
    Must have been right next to you, we were 3rd and 4th through there. Those were some very nice turns. A whole lot of standing in line most of the day though.

SoCal skier dies after being found unconscious, buried in deep snow on Mammoth Mountain
    http://https://ktla.com/news/califor...moth-mountain/

News report of the fatality yesterday off of ch 8. We witnessed literally 50 close calls yesterday when people fell and you could barely see the top of their head and the rest of them was completely buried.

Shit show central. Went to a June before 8 am and was turned around. I have seen the parking lot full one other time that after the lifts opened. A good day to snowshoe or sled. Mammoth has everything today to make a super spreader event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.esavalanche.org/content/...face-mcgee-mtn

JFC. I saw that skin track on my way home yesterday and had to pull off the to try to digest what I was seeing. Some folks got extremely lucky. That slide ran 2,000+ feet

How are the lift lines?

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    https://www.esavalanche.org/content/...face-mcgee-mtn

JFC. I saw that skin track on my way home yesterday and had to pull off the to try to digest what I was seeing. Some folks got extremely lucky. That slide ran 2,000+ feet
    Wow! Can you say terrain trap?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How are the lift lines?
    Super spreader specials - 15-20 minutes today and the gapper crowd and entitled folk didn’t seem to be too worried about masks. The mountain ops team was doing their best but selfishness of the drivers of cars with ikon pass stickers and roof tents won out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you stalk these selfish persons to their vehicles? Or are you making assumptions about those in line with out masks and what their vehicles look like?

Experienced some lines around Mammoth today.

Name:	20210131_113836[1].jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	360711
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Saturday sucked. Lines for days. Was too warm and the pow was heavy. Bailed early and saw that the top popped at 3pm, bummer.

Sunday was much better. More of the mountain open and less people. Was able to get some good stashes out at paranoids and under phillipes. But the snow has definitely been sun baked by now so its chunky and heavy. Typical sierra cement.