Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Skied past 6 days...for as little snow we've had..much fun.
    Wind moved snow, and the grooming fleet is way pro...as we know.
    Christmas & China bowls were soft, and West bowl was fun.
    Solitude was perfectly groomed, as was Broadway, Mambo, and CH4.
    Today was rough....only CH8 & 15 really...surprised they couldn't get 4 running.

Christmas Bowl wind fill:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201223_134826.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	800.4 KB 
ID:	354838

Name:	20201224_132946.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	354839

West Bowl:

Name:	20201224_111657_07.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	354840

Town was QUIET..and zero lines except for CH2 & 3 mid morning...everyone wearing masks, and lifties patrolling the lines.

Name:	20201222_192545.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	354842

CH15 today:

Name:	20201225_112111.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	354841

8 over at Bishop CC:

Name:	20201221_180656.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	354843
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

Lotta sharks still out there. Skied about 6" of pow this morning with one of the Comish twins and Mini Comish. High T was super fun. Ripping pow with ur kids is pretty awesome!

Mini Comish did a double ejection to superman on the lower St. Anton. DON'T go skiers right side, it's brutal.

Bernie should thank us for letting him pass yesterday to get 2nd Gondi car . Drop's are fun. Definitely rock skis, but soft and fun! A welcome change after a month of more or less firm. Still need the one Mammoth dump to cover up a few more sharks.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Currently nuking.

wind maybe. not so much the snow part

^^true.
    skied a couple hours late afternoon...Drops were fun, as was face of 5, and Christmas bowl . And far west bowl.
    amazing what 4" of snow & 10' of wind does to conditions.

Drop 3 at 230pm.

Name:	20210105_141657.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	356503

Heard that the Mammoth ski team has shut down for the season. Anyone have information? Was there a big outbreak within the ski teams?

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Heard that the Mammoth ski team has shut down for the season. Anyone have information? Was there a big outbreak within the ski teams?
    Mammoth Ski team paused for a week. Sounds like they may have been a couple positives amongst coaches and kids and/or close contacts to positives. They paused to test all the coaches and they are starting back up tomorrow as apparently all were negative.

Ok, that makes more sense than shutting down for the season (which of course someone blew out of proportion when they told me that).

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Mammoth Ski team paused for a week. Sounds like they may have been a couple positives amongst coaches and kids and/or close contacts to positives. They paused to test all the coaches and they are starting back up tomorrow as apparently all were negative.

I also don't think many races will happen this year. They already cancelled U14 Far West at Northstar. I'm hearing Mammoth race for U14 might be cancelled too given folks will have to travel and get lodging. That race is late Feb (26/27).

Armed with negative covid tests and a desire to make sure no one was squatting we headed to our ski lease for the first time in more than a month.

Headed up on Friday and skied four days.

Overall the groomers were really nice and fun. We would warm up with a few on chair five then head to chair 23. We just kept lapping the lower 2/3 section of the dropouts. It was firm in spots, but overall lots of fun, the best snow I found on the mountain. The top of Cornice, which was necessary to get to the dropout goods, was a nuisance, kind of scraped off, but overall not too bad. The skier's left area of Cornice was decent once the sun hit it, but we just kept hitting the dropouts. The shot from Barnballs in post 81 pretty much shows how we spent our days.

The crowds are minimal. We really didn't wait in line for more than a minute or two.

We were able to park in the Eagle lot at 1030 am on each weekend day. That is obviously unheard of.

We brought energy bars for food. They do sell food but it is takeaway. We didn't want to be inside.

Overall the mountain skied very well for how low the snow pack is.

Dave's looked nice, but we never ventured over there.

We have been getting a day, sometimes two, a week at Snow Summit for the last 5 weeks. It was nice to get to Mammoth and ski something besides a groomer. I appreciate being able to get groomer laps down south, they keep you somewhat sharp, but it is great to actually ski some real terrain.

I really hope this pattern is at an end. But I'm always amazed by just how much fun Mammoth can be at low tide.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    I also don't think many races will happen this year. They already cancelled U14 Far West at Northstar. I'm hearing Mammoth race for U14 might be cancelled too given folks will have to travel and get lodging. That race is late Feb (26/27).
    Agreed. The latest we were just told is that at least the next race or two will be Tahoe only for Far West. The 120 mile travel rule is apparently the reason. Mammoth is scheduling 2 Far West races for local kids so it sounds like it will be U14, U16, and U19 in that race? I still had to buy the Far West bib for those races. Interesting.

Janky, What age/level is your Mini maggot, I'm guessing we have crossed paths if U12 or U14 as I have a first year U14 boy and twin girls U12's. They are all jonesing for a race.

Yeah, LDD, skiing has been fine. I'm a bit tired of Drop Out laps and groomers, but thankful our terrain is still good to make those fun. Come on Ullr, giddy up!

We spent Pres week at Mammoth last season. More snow than now, but not much. Still a ton of fun for five days. Guessing we will miss that trip this year as I don’t see things opening up by then. Maybe spring break then. If it snows ever.

Actually there was a fair bit more snow last yr. We got 2 good dumps of 5ish feet before Xmas that were perfect wet heavy. If I remember right, mostly rain in Tahoe. Then it stopped, for months All main runs off the top were open. Now, not so much...

Fingers crossed for next week...

Looks my oldest has only one race (Tahoe Race Series) at Northstar on March 13th FWIW.

My kids aren't even allowed to leave the Bay Area without a 10 day quarantine so ski team is on hold until SF county changes travel ban. Even with crappy ski conditions it would be nice to take laps with the kids after ski team etc.

Anyone checked the weather for next week? Still a ways out, but looks like it'll be a fun few days.

Oh please Ullr, deliver the goods and open up lodging.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	359146
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Oh please Ullr, deliver the goods and open up lodging.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	359146
    Let's hope that comes through.

According to Mammoth Snowman the county has submitted a request to the state for 30% occupancy for non-essential workers. He says it has not been approved yet.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Let's hope that comes through.

According to Mammoth Snowman the county has submitted a request to the state for 30% occupancy for non-essential workers. He says it has not been approved yet.
    It’s been a ghost town up here. Bishop has even added additional restrictions to stay there. I hope we’re turning a corner on Covid too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    It’s been a ghost town up here. Bishop has even added additional restrictions to stay there. I hope we’re turning a corner on Covid too though.
    I'd say, oh, give it a month, #vanli$e people be ereywhere like roaches, worse than last year?

Not much to be stoked on in Mammoth this season, but hopefully that's all about to change.

Name:	IMG_4039.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	359436
    From the open snow forecast. Those predictions are world wide. Fingers crossed.

Name:	hangmans.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	421.7 KB 
ID:	359441
    Feb 2017. You just gotta believe. Keep the faith folks, the good times will come again.

Forecast for yesterday / today was only a couple of inches, but there was definitely a bit more snow than that. Busiest I've seen it in a while today, but everyone seemed to clear out as it got cold / began to snow. Lapped chair 3 for part of the afternoon without any wait. Excited for this coming week!

Try and stop to get a few photos to share with us desk bound jongs please.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I thought you were going to retire.

Storm hype