Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Non Alcoholic Beer

So far I am liking Clausthaler the best. St Pauli and Heineken 00 pretty good too
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Athletic Brewing is the best IMO. Their stout is actually half decent, as is their IPA. Next up would be Brewdog's non alcoholic beer, but that's not quite as good IMO. Their IPAs are a little watery.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Athletic Brewing is the best IMO. Their stout is actually half decent, as is their IPA. Next up would be Brewdog's non alcoholic beer, but that's not quite as good IMO. Their IPAs are a little watery.

I agree that Athletic is the best, and by a wide margin. Their Cerveza and Octoberfest are pretty tasty, as is their double IPA.

My next favorite is Partake, and they’re only 10 calories so they come in second for me. They don’t have as much mouthfeel as Athletic, but for 10 calories I think they’re pretty solid.

Bravus isn’t bad. They’re more comparable to athletic in that they’re 80-100 cal per can, and have a little body. Their stout tasted a little thin, though. I rate Brewdogs lowest out of those 4 smaller NAs.

Does not compute.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Had a few people over a couple months ago and it was BYOB.

Some sneaky bastard left a 6’er of Heineken 00 in my fridge.

A few days later I drank 4 of them before I realized it was FAKE.

I was the victim of a diabolical joke...

That said... it was pretty good.

The only time I have chundered from drinking beer was from non-alcoholic. Whatever that JV squad peeler joint was called next to Goofy's in Ballard some 18 years ago, obviously didnt serve booze so I was forced to drink my weight in near beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post

It's pretty impressive that it took you four beers to figure it out. I'm going to have to check this out.

Wifey was a fan of O'Doul's Amber when she was pregnant. Best of the ones we tried. Had to look up how to spell that though, weird with the double apostrophe.

I always found that Erdinger was pretty solid.and not as watery as some of the others and almost had that full-bodied taste of a real beer.

I am intrigued by Athletic and also the Clausthauler dry hop (their regular N/A was no bueno to me. Ditto for St. Paulie and Heini; all of these were just thin and flavorless to my palate).

The local natural grocer also carries some N/A IPAs from 3 Magnets, Bravus, and Mikkeller that look interesting...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's pretty impressive that it took you four beers to figure it out. I'm going to have to check this out.
    That's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I always found that Erdinger was pretty solid.and not as watery as some of the others and almost had that full-bodied taste of a real beer.

I am intrigued by Athletic and also the Clausthauler dry hop (their regular N/A was no bueno to me. Ditto for St. Paulie and Heini; all of these were just thin and flavorless to my palate).

The local natural grocer also carries some N/A IPAs from 3 Magnets, Bravus, and Mikkeller that look interesting...
    Erdinger is pretty good. There's a better one that I can't remember the name of that my brother in law in Germany switches up with the Erdinger. He's a dry drunk. Every Friday he has a non-alcoholic beer. And sometimes after a run for recovery.

We've been selling a lot of gruvi prosecco lately. Not beer, admittedly, but na beer is generally not delicious.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I don't mind the PBR n/a...30 pack of cans goes well poolside

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BrewDog made a beer for Lamb Of God, it has to be my favorite "Craft" N/A beer so far.
    https://shopusa.brewdog.com/products/lamb-of-god-ghost-walker

After that it goes to Heineken 00 for flavor and PBR N/A after that for pure cost/value.

OK, I am dumb, but in my life I have accidentally bought NA beer twice. First time was St Pauli Girl which tasted fine, but after the 2nd beer I looked at the package and saw my screw up.
    A month ago I had a craving for Heineken's so I bought a 12 pack. Dooo, it was NA. The wife likes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Erdinger is pretty good. There's a better one that I can't remember the name of that my brother in law in Germany switches up with the Erdinger. He's a dry drunk. Every Friday he has a non-alcoholic beer. And sometimes after a run for recovery.
    Gonna guess Hacker Pschorr

Well, you fools convinced me to order a couple six packs of athletic and give it a try. The IPA and Cerveza are both pretty darn drinkable. I've been trying to cut back lately and it certainly gives me my fix better than a la croix!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Well, you fools convinced me to order a couple six packs of athletic and give it a try. The IPA and Cerveza are both pretty darn drinkable. I've been trying to cut back lately and it certainly gives me my fix better than a la croix!
    Hell yeah man! The stout is their best imo. Honestly they're just nice to have on hand, too, for those Tuesday afternoons when you are eating tacos and want beer but gotta function still.

Hmu when you're in Utah and I'll share a non-alky beer with you

I have also recently tried the Athletic IPA. As an IPA-fan, I was pretty impressed with it. I'm in the same boat of cutting out the couple 7% ipas per night (enjoyed them but honestly just made me feel slow) and these definitely provide a fix. And I drink one and I'm done, unlike regular beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post

This just affirms just how shitty Heineken actually is.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

The ones I've like over the years- Buckler (Heinekens product), Genesee NA, Kaliber, even Labatts and Molson Excel.
    Last edited by RShea; 11-29-2020 at 06:32 AM.

In a particular order

1. Mikkeller - Drink in the Sun Alcohol Free Pale Ale
    2. Brookly Brewery - Special Effects
    ~65. Becks 0.0

Never been particularly fond of non-alcoholic beers. Not that they would be ideologically improper, just that they usually tasted somehow foul.
    Mikkeller is the first non-alc beer that actually tastes as good or better than its alcoholic cousins.
    Brooklyn SFX is quite good as well, but still a distant second.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Does not compute.
    You must be dividing your formula by the alcohol content of Heineken's 00

This thread and the sobriety thread both make me uncomfortable.

I have been fooled by kinda fooled by non-alcoholic beer, i forget the brand but they make beer with & without alcohol, the bar staff were habituated to bringing me whatever i normaly drank and so i hit a couple of non-alcoholic beer in the changeover back to the real beer
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know