Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    the french are assholes....

Kirkwood has dorm housing that I’m sure Vail only slightly over charges for. Those dorms were nasty before covid, so I’m sure they are fine.

nw new mexico or arizona, if it snows

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    the dream is in front of you kid just grab the bull by the nuts and prepare yourself not to get laid all season
    Unless you’re a true cocksman, in which case you can juggle a half dozen beds, and have a roof over your head for free all season.

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    Unless you’re a true cocksman, in which case you can juggle a half dozen beds, and have a roof over your head for free all season.
    I prefer the term Sexsmith.

House sit a mansion in Aspen, JXN, or where ever. Free rent and pay to stay, hopefully, slopeside.

take a look at Ski Discovery.
    https://www.skidiscovery.com/

What's the drive time from Slab City to Mt Baldy?

There were at least two dudes living in treehouses/snowcaves up Bear Creek when I was in Telluride in the early nineties. Blew my mind.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    There were at least two dudes living in treehouses/snowcaves up Bear Creek when I was in Telluride in the early nineties. Blew my mind.
    When I lived in Telluride in the early 2000s this was still very much a thing. We called them "woodsies".

I worked for the dept of public works driving a 35' bus around town at 15mph. It was fun, especially when my buddies rode with me while tripping. The guy running the dept (since arrested for using town employees and equipment to paved his own driveway) used to offer handy tips for passing the mandatory drug screening prior to hiring.

One of the bus drivers slept in buses in the heated bus barn, and we were all told to just ignore him unless we needed that bus for an early shift. I'm pretty sure that loophole has been closed now.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Have you considered AK?

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Have you considered AK?

he'd have to find a new bus.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There are places in the U.S. to camp in a lower elevation desert and drive an hour or so to ski. Maybe not near big resorts, but good backcountry skiing. I will leave it up to you to figure out where though.

Treehouse compound existed just past Steven’s Pass in that era too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

the days of cheap living are over sorry to brake it to you
    ski towns have been ruined for decades now and the fun got sucked right out of them
    rich people boomers assholes crusty angry locals corporations like vail money hungry business owners have sucked it dry like a date off grinder
    but back in the day is was the best I had a perfect ski in ski out cabin in the woods thought I was the thoreau of skiing drunk and high all day
    its gone now bulldozed and replaced by a 5mil dollar house with a dog on a leash
    you were born too late I'm sorry but if you want to here the stories just ask

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    take a look at Ski Discovery.
    https://www.skidiscovery.com/
    Nope.

A close friend pointed out where he shacked up in the woods for many years in the ride in the late 80's early 90's. The real miner's shack he eventually moved into in town turned into a very high end restaurant. I took his picture in front of it for posterity. We definitely could not afford to eat there, but it was fun hearing him point out all the bedrooms and the characters who inhabited them over the years.

Ogden.

Pagosa spring or South Fork near Wolf Creek gotta be somewhat affordable

Shames. Just gotta sneak across the border

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums