Who else has had it and recovered?
    Figured this thread was inevitable.
    War stories?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Covid Roll Call!

Subscribed for potential future use.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

PM Rontele

I think cmsummit and nutmegchoi have both posted that they had the rona.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

PM Donald J Trump, I think he had it.

Me.
    Sick as hell most of March, lingering issues continue. Surprisingly I still testing antibody positive as late as Aug 28th.

Wife and I (in our 30s) had deep burning lungs for 6 weeks in March. No temps or loss of taste/smell. I also had sensitive gums/teeth for a couple weeks. Neither of us had head aches and were not any more achy then during a normal cold. She had the Rona toes and to this day, a couple are still a bit purple in color and itch at times (like athletes foot). Kids (4 and 2 at time) had very low grade fevers for maybe a week, but no other symptoms. Got tested for flu and some other stuff at the time...all negative. No Rona test administered at the time due to availability.

So far, none of us seem to of had a second infection.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

not me but my god sister. she is (was) a college swimmer. had it early on. symptoms weren't terrible but she said she felt like shit. follow up test revealed that covid enlarged her heart. she had to retire from swimming. not sure of any other residual effects. i'll have to ask.
    swing your fucking sword.

Both me and my fiancée caught it. She was completely asymptomatic, while I only had mild effects like loss of taste and some congestion.

Getting my official "recovered" letter today, which is an odd feeling when you don't really feel like you've had it...

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    not me but my god sister. she is (was) a college swimmer. had it early on. symptoms weren't terrible but she said she felt like shit. follow up test revealed that covid enlarged her heart. she had to retire from swimming. not sure of any other residual effects. i'll have to ask.
    O fuck, that is really bad news. I hope she recovers with time.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Symptoms started July 12 with everyone on the list. Still have cough, shortness of breath and wicked headaches.

I had it, it sucked don't try it. It lasted 8 days, my wife never got it.

I got it flying back to SoCal from Denver in September. Tested positive a few days after my return and hadn't left the house in the interim. My gf in Denver didn't get sick so I'm pretty sure it was the flight or uber from the airport. People were superficially wearing masks on the flight and the middle seats were empty - but since this is America passengers were also pulling their masks down to their chin while they ate a 3rd bag of chips.

I had the low fever and brutal headaches and fatigue that came in waves for about 2 weeks. Loss of smell and taste. Missed a bunch of work and even when I went back (remotely) I found that I'd make it through half a day and then crash, sometimes until the next morning. Took a test 2+ weeks after the symptoms were completely gone and surprisingly that came back positive too. I've since tested negative and seem to be fully recovered thankfully.

When you get it and start digging in to the potential long term effects it gets scary even if you don't have a comorbidity/demographic profile that points to increased chance of hospitalization/death. Chronic heart or lung issues or even brain damage. Fuck that shit.
    Last edited by HellgateBasement; 11-18-2020 at 04:20 PM.
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

I think I had it in March. Kid goes to preschool with a jazz player kid, and a bunch of jazz players came down with it. A few days later my 4yo girl (same class) came down with a mild cold for a few days, and then I got the worst cold I've had in years. I missed like 5 days of work, and was sick for like 8 days. Lethargic, fatigue, aches, fever, dry cough. It sucked. Didn't leave the bedroom for 2 days solid. Some time later we found out that one of the preschool teachers at the school came down with covid about the same time. I never got tested.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

We had a scare 2 weeks ago. Wife and I took my son and my FIL (82) to FIL's Dr appointment on a Tuesday. The next day my son got a call from a friend they had dinner with at their house, his friends test positive and are showing moderate symptoms. I couldn't get in for a test for over a week. My son and his girlfriend were able to get a test by that Friday. Took 1 week for results. It felt like being in Purgatory, I had to cancel a bunch of business plans. I've been cautious, but not paranoid about this virus, but now it has me being a little more wary of interacting with other outside of our small pod until a vaccine is out. This may be the first flu vaccine I've ever had in my life. Until this scare, I had no intention of getting the vaccine

got it in march. got all sorts of lasting gifts. Developed asthma, chronic fatigue, other issues. Wear your mask. Don't know how much I will be able to do this winter. Please take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by sharcsplean View Post
    got it in march. got all sorts of lasting gifts. Developed asthma, chronic fatigue, other issues. Wear your mask. Don't know how much I will be able to do this winter. Please take it seriously.
    Bro in law is showing signs of asthma as well after his bout. Never before so it's sure got some.lingering side effects.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I think we need to stipulate positive diagnosis here. I am certainly sympathetic to those who think they may have had it ( I include myself in this group), but in all fairness to those who got (are still being) hammered with positive diagnosis ..... this is their thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I think we need to stipulate positive diagnosis here. I am certainly sympathetic to those who think they may have had it ( I include myself in this group), but in all fairness to those who got (are still being) hammered with positive diagnosis ..... this is their thread.
    Plus, 9 out of 10 people you talk to these days have a story of how they think they had it at some point in the last 8 months.

In February I went about a week where I had Headaches, Cold sweats, and congested lungs.

No tests at that time.
    VA is not doing Antibody tests.

I think I had it and recovered in February.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Yeah, I was thinking this thread would be less...speculative.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking this thread would be less...speculative.
    I once drank a case and tongued your moms anus after her Tijuana donkey show

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I once drank a case and tongued your moms anus after her Tijuana donkey show
    ohhh... risky

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Serious question - what the fuck is a 'god sister'?? Is that the daughter of your god mother or father? I've never heard someone talk about a 'God' sibling before.

My parents had it, entire sisters family had it, their 2year old daughter sneezed and snotted all over my face and my pregnant wifes face just as she was getting sick in March when we figured no way they had COVID and somehow the wife and I didn't get sick. My dads 70yo but in good shape, works out daily, and was short of breath just walking to the car for 6 months, still has a lingering cough. Sisters family healed up super quick just as if any other virus.