Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Covid is raging in the rehab facility my 92yo mother is at. She tested positive Monday. She was boosted 5 days earlier.

She's on paxlovid. Just talked to her and aside from a scratchy voice she's fine and still making strides with her rehab.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I think its 3 weeks for it to get to full strength. Im trying to avoid crowds for a little extra provention . Reassess after 3 weeks. That family is doing ok i take it?
    Glad your mom is doing ok with it KQ. Moms husband is in the vet hospital now and theyre back to 2 immediate family vistors with masks protocol. A few cases got in the vet hospital but he hasnt contracted it yet. The vet hospital is righf beside our city hospital and they get great care at the vet hospital. Walter still has all his faculties and the nurses and staff spoil him. I am surprised that theyve slow administering shots. I figure they should get them first

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Covid Roll Call!

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I think its 3 weeks for it to get to full strength. Im trying to avoid crowds for a little extra provention . Reassess after 3 weeks. That family is doing ok i take it?

Yeah. They’re through it. Not long enough for knowing if they’ll have anything long term. The adults both took paxlovid. it sounded mild for the whole group.

Knowing several friends and family that caught it during the summer, they’re at that conundrum of when to get boosted. Cdc says one thing (3 months), but popular public health wonks point to published literature that results in suggestion for waiting longer.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Covid is raging in the rehab facility my 92yo mother is at. She tested positive Monday. She was boosted 5 days earlier.

She's on paxlovid. Just talked to her and aside from a scratchy voice she's fine and still making strides with her rehab.
    Positive vibes for your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Yeah. They’re through it. Not long enough for knowing if they’ll have anything long term. The adults both took paxlovid. it sounded mild for the whole group.

Knowing several friends and family that caught it during the summer, they’re at that conundrum of when to get boosted. Cdc says one thing (3 months), but popular public health wonks point to published literature that results in suggestion for waiting longer.
    Good, i got the vid last year at work. I was boosted and it still had me miss a week of work and feel like shit the following week.
    Im thinking it may be an annual booster. There wasnt much talk of covid all summer. Now cases have spiked this fall. If so its ez to get the one 2 punch every fall. Flu and covid shot, 10 minutes and im out of there. I dont usually get sick and got the flu last year , no flu shot. My intentiin go to the pharmacy last week was for a flu shot, not expecting the vid booster to be available yet. Free and an extra minute works for me

My case this spring was exactly 6 mos after getting the bivalent vaccine, but I knew I was at risk due to air travel and crowded restaurant scenes. 7 months later and I still have bronchial episodes that I can't quite shake, mainly when exercising or sleeping. Recently got on albuterol and it has helped. Spent 2 days in the hurt locker last week, got the new spikevax + flu. No worse for the wear and ready for battle.

I hope the bronchial problems resolve. My wife shared with me that one of her coworkers seems to finally have loss their heavy cough that they’d had since the first omicron wave. Unclear if that change was due to recent new medication.

Grinch, in the US, there was a wave last summer. I’ve seen it labeled as wave #7. The graph based on wastewater data shared by “your local epidemiologist” earlier this week showed the nationwide peak to have been about equal to the delta wave. I’ve read modelers claim that it was a much higher number of infections than the delta because available data is much lower than during the delta wave.

Interesting. Our right wing premier stopped sharing case numbers and we didnt hear much. Work as well as dealing with seniors and the vet hospital has been my covid barometer and it seemed to drop off the radar. Health care centers here just put the mask mandate back in place last week

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Our right wing premier
    Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
    Don't i know it!

Just caught this thread. Xyz I'm sorry about your ongoing troubles. That's for sure some of the worst I've heard. I hope you can fully heal physically and mentally soon.

I got the vid for the first time in march of this year, about six months after my bivalent booster. Plane travel to Spain, restaurants and markets in Barcelona, symptoms began a few days later in Andorra. I'm literally a COVID ICU Nurse but got complacent and didn't mask on the plane. Won't make that mistake again. My symptoms were the worst sore throat I've probably ever had and fevers for a few days. Four out of five of us in our condo ended up sick. Three of us went to the clinic and they declined to test us for COVID??? Gave me and my friend with similar but less severe symptoms a Z-pack and steroids. Steroids prolly helped. My other friend just had nausea/vomiting for 24 hours and they just gave her fluids and anti-emetics. She said that's what happened the other time she got COVID. After a few days we all just had a cough and decided to test ourselves, sure enough.

We stayed in except for skiing our last day there. I had enough KN95 masks for us all and we traveled back to BA and home as planned wearing those full time. This was a week out from symptoms onset. Pretty much sucked all around but... ??? No one was doing accommodations for rebooking to quarantine anymore, newer strains aren't as bad but still. Felt bad about boarding planes while sick and still do.

Step Dad's in a rehab in NY now after complications from his 4th bout of cancer. He and my Mom, and everyone else in there I guess, got it. First time for them. They got the Paxlovid and are doing OK. Stepdad's health is obviously fragile, hoping he continues to do OK. Kinda been trying to emotionally prepare my Mom for the last year in case things turn for the worse.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

If you're immunocompromised in any way seems like stashing a course of paxlovid is obvious.