Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just got a text that one of my best friends from undergrad is being moved home from the hospital under hospice care and will likely pass today. I’m honestly crushed.

He reached out to me on my birthday to reconnect after not speaking for three or four years over some stupid shit. We spoke every week since and had plans to go fly fishing in NC in the spring. He told me he caught COVID around thanksgiving but had beat it and feeling well. Apparently he went into the hospital last week the day after we spoke and complications with his liver and kidneys did not improve.

He is 44 and owns several bars and restaurants in a state that has made it all but impossible to operate this year. I have to think the stress of it all is a contributing factor.

Just another reminder of how short all of this is and you never know if that call will be your last. Tell your people you love them, mags.
    +++condolences+++
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Covid Roll Call!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    BMills, sorry again man. That’s just awful to hear.

Fuckend good luck to your buddy.

NameRedact that’s interesting. I had this illness last year that sounds so similar. Never had a lung problem before, but this one kicked my butt. I think I’m in really good shape: indoor soccer, 90 min outdoor games, I run and do intervals, etc, but it kicked my lungs’ ass. I had no wind, high heart rate all the time, went back to the doctor for another lung look but no regular flu, I was out of breath skiing which never happens, and it took 4-5 months to really work my way all the way back. Sound exactly like all this Covid stuff right? Some soccer friends even asked if I had that “flu from China.” Except it happened in November 2019. I told them the timing didn’t work. So I don’t think it could have been Covid but it’s so on the nose for symptoms. Never had an antibody test cause I don’t think they are accurate, right? But again it’s too early for the timing to work.

And I’ll tell you what: if that wasn’t Covid, which from timing seems like it can’t be, then I sure as hell don’t want Covid.

Good luck to all you guys.
    Not around in November? I wouldn’t rule it out.

Back in December 2019:

- Chinese “fam” stayed at the hotel I work at
    - A week later I worked the frontline and drove a woman who complained that she was having a really hard time breathing.
    - 4 days later I got an awful cough, turned into fever, then chills, cough lingered for a month
    - flu test negative
    - wife got nothing, 3 yo got a fever that turned into a hacking cough, 4 month old had a fever for one day
    - a 30 something friend visited on day two of my illness She got pneumonia and was hospitalized
    - my boss got the same fever and cough that I did. Flu test negative . Had an awful cough for a month. Lots of trouble sleeping at night.
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 12-27-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Best piece of advice I’ve gotten in a while. Just left a vm with someone I haven’t spoken to in a long time, and spent the evening staring at my family with a smile.

Thanks Riser.
    Anytime.

Thinking about all you guys today.

May all your little cells kick ass.

I woke up this morning listening to a radio station from a city that I haven't lived in for lord knows how long just cause I like their morning guy and his take on the news. I heard my friend's name in the news update and the reporter read a bit of the obit; caught me off guard, but not completely unsurprising as he was a bit of an institution in the hospitality industry there.

So I log into the social medias and I was bowled over. Thousands, literally thousands of personal stories, posts, pictures, laughs, tears and absurd jokes. I was over an hour and a half late getting into the office due to being sucked into reading it all. It really hit me hard and I'm still confused and dumbstruck over it all. There can be no funeral of course, but if there were it would need to be held in a stadium and have at least seven open bars.

I'm still in shock, parents should not outlive their kids. I count myself so very blessed to have been in my man's inner circle for so long and that he made sure I was brought back in when it wasn't so for a while. RIP JEB.

Take care of eachother mags.
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm sorry for your loss, mang, he sounds like a great guy. Fuck covid.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thanks Danno, he certainly was.

Fuck covid.

Damn Bmills. Sending healing thoughts eastward.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sorry to read about this, Bmills. That's harsh. RIP Jeb.

I’m sorry Bmills. ++++vibes++++

Sorry about your friend, Bmills.

22yo son came down with it mid December. Health department quarantined him for 10 days. 11 days later he came over for Christmas day. Monday I started feeling like shit, tested Tuesday. Result came back today positive.

I can still smell and taste, the chills and fever are gone but I’m starting to get a scratchy throat.

Fack.

Damn Bob, take care, hope you're through the worst of it. Maybe enquire with Doc about the Monoclonal Antibody treatment. We have some in the state, and it's for people who are not hospitalised. I'll be thinking of you Buddy!

Bmills, sorry for your loss. This shit sucks.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Sorry Bob. Take care of yourself and your family. And take it slow. This shit boomerangs like a MF.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

22yo son came down with it mid December. Health department quarantined him for 10 days. 11 days later he came over for Christmas day. Monday I started feeling like shit, tested Tuesday. Result came back today positive.

I can still smell and taste, the chills and fever are gone but I’m starting to get a scratchy throat.

Fack.
    Get well, dude. Sorry to hear this.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sorry Bob. Take care of yourself and your family. And take it slow. This shit boomerangs like a MF.
    This. Take care of yourself and your fam Bob, here’s hoping you’re through the worst of it.

Hope you feel better soon and it doesn't get any worse, Bob.

Its tearing through the wife's family in Wisconsin now. Everyone is either mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic right now. I hope it stays that way, lots of obesity and other pre-existing conditions. A few that "refuse to be tested" too. For fucks sake.

Certainly not the best timing, tonight is our 25th anniversary. 25 years ago we got married while I had kidney stones, I sat on a stool for the ceremony. Rather fitting I get the test results today. We ordered Chilis delivery tonight in lieu of going anywhere. It arrived way late, cold, and with the realization my taste and smell is now gone.

Fuck you 2020!

Ouch
    Heal up, man!

We ordered Chilis delivery tonight in lieu of going anywhere. It arrived way late, cold, and with the realization my taste and smell is now gone.
    Think of the upside!

On the serious side, I wonder what it would be like to eat a really hot chili in your condition? Would you just sweat?

And congrats on the 25th!

Bob, sorry to hear that man. Hope you can bounce back quick. Bmills, so sorry for your friends passing. God damn I hate that this thing is still a thing. Take care you guys, and here's to no more fucking 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Think of the upside!

On the serious side, I wonder what it would be like to eat a really hot chili in your condition? Would you just sweat?

And congrats on the 25th!
    I ordered hot wings, although not usually stunningly hot they have a bite. I couldn’t taste them at all but it did make my lips tingle. Rather weird.

Thx.

Fack.
    Same thing happened to us, I had it, quarantined away from wife and everyone for 10 days. Wife came home on Thanksgiving, after I had thoroughly cleaned the house with all doors and windows open and fans running for two days. Five days later, she gets symptoms. So much for that idea.

Anyway, good luck. I took the loss of taste and smell as an opportunity to clean food out of the fridge that I would never normally eat. Vegan cheddar? Let's make nachos!

Not I but through the grapevine - hut trip everyone thought tested negative, but boom someone had it...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Not I but through the grapevine - hut trip everyone thought tested negative, but boom someone had it...

Hot box!

My old friend gets a beer in his honor tomorrow.

RIP, JEB. Fuck Covid.

https://www.wcpo.com/open/family-fri..._olihyEfBzjfWY