Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Covid Roll Call!

Sorry to those affected by this vicious bug.

I had the pleasure of testing positive 3 weeks back. Symptoms were mild, just lots of sleeping and shortness of breath. I lost some taste for a few days. the shits too but that started a week before the other symptoms. Maybe I had it then

Chest still feels a little tight at times. Head still a little congested. Otherwise ok ish. Heart rate is normal with blood oxygen in high 90’s. But not ready to do more than flat slow rides on the bike. The rides I have done have been chill and the heart didn’t spike or stay high. Hopefully that’s a good sign.

Girlfriend got it the exact same time. She got her first vaccine after 2 weeks from positive. It knocked her on her ass for a day but she seems to be fully recovered now. I think I might go for the vaccine next week. Hopefully that’ll knock down my final symptoms.

Best of luck to everyone else with it . And if you have had full recovery please post it up!! We need some good news.

Missed this thread before.

Bmills, that’s rough man. Condolences. 43. Ugh.

And xyz, glad to hear you are hopefully out of the woods. I’m always curious if people have an idea of where they picked it up?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Missed this thread before.

And xyz, glad to hear you are hopefully out of the woods. I’m always curious if people have an idea of where they picked it up?

Thanks. We really have no idea where we got it or who got it first. I've just been biking and grocery shopping. My girlfriend works from home or in the field. No gatherings or restaurants etc, this sucker is contagious.

20 months in and finally had our number called. I had to abandon the weekend ski trip with the family. What say you, can we ski at our local hill with the rona? No gondis or bubbles, no need to go in the lodge or share lifts.....

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Have you not been skiing in summit county? Pretty much been happening for weeks maybe years now oh shit I got covid can't goto work I guess I'll go skiing today seriously know dozens and dozens of offenders go have fun

I was negative again. Celebrating my 50th. Gf was still positive.

I attribute it to my monk like discipline of exercise, diet, and red wine.

Offenders is the right word. Fuck you if you do this. You're going to be standing line line and riding lifts with people? Just no.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I was negative again. Celebrating my 50th. Gf was still positive.

I attribute it to my monk like discipline of exercise, diet, and red wine.

And not getting laid?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    20 months in and finally had our number called. I had to abandon the weekend ski trip with the family. What say you, can we ski at our local hill with the rona? No gondis or bubbles, no need to go in the lodge or share lifts.....

Fuck dude really?

Cough still but recovering.

vT, heal up man. Don’t go out in public. This shit is contagious as hell.

We aren't going anywhere, raiding our shit we packed up though, booze and some M&Ms for dinner.

Checking in... Tested positive Monday but was probably symptomatic about 10 days ago. Mild cold-like symptoms for the past week or so, mostly over with isolation ending after tomorrow. On the upside, this was a good week to miss skiing with rain followed by cold temps and rock hard conditions. Always the optimist...

I was basically asymptomatic during my bout of Covid but have had pretty bad neck and shoulder pain since, the kind that doesn’t go away with a massage or heat or ice. It’s been going on for almost a month…. Any one else have anything similar?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I'm like 12+ days out. I had zero cough DURING covid. Now I have developed a dry cough and my center of my chest still hurts quite a bit. Otherwise, I feel ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm like 12+ days out. I had zero cough DURING covid. Now I have developed a dry cough and my center of my chest still hurts quite a bit. Otherwise, I feel ok.
    Cold air, heated house?
    I typically get that in the winter…

Or he still might be infected and no longer contagious.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Feel like I'm hopefully on the tail end. Skiing I felt pretty good. Did one ridge hike and felt good on the way up too.

I’m 2+ weeks out, only had aches the first two days….My internal temperature regulation is still whacked, as I’m cold pretty much anytime I’m not in bed at night sleeping……Weird.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

The whole family got it last week. Kids brought it home from school. Our unvaccinated 6 year old was down for two days then totally fine. My teenagers were just tired, not much different then normal. I got knocked on my ass for about 4 days with a fever, then followed by a super stuffy nose for a week. The wife didn't show any symptoms until about 5 days in, super congested, head cold for 4 days and that was it. With the exception of our 6 year old we were all vaccinated and all had our booster. Only lingering thing now is I'm getting winded doing random things, like taking the trash out. Ready to be done with all this shit.

I feel like my muscles have no capacity to recover from the easiest things… I was in pretty good shape, this is concerning.

Picked it up 2 weeks ago in Mammoth. Only symptom was a scratchy throat for a day and otherwise have felt fine. The only reason I learned of the positive was because I was supposed to be in Canada today at Baldface. I popped on my test and am now sitting at home feeling great physically but crying myself a river of sorrow on missing out on some fine skiing with friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Feel like I'm hopefully on the tail end. Skiing I felt pretty good. Did one ridge hike and felt good on the way up too.
    This is great to hear, after your previous posts and concerns. Hope it keeps up

Bumping this thread due to my desperate situation and a need to express myself. You may not believe this, I wish I was making this nightmare up. If you're post covid, this is a trigger warning, you may not want to keep reading.

As per early posts, I got covid at the end of April 2021. I had a mild acute phase. Felt ok a couple weeks later and went for a few bike rides. All good. About a month later I woke up in hot sweat. I had to cover my body in ice packs. This was start of my long haul Covid. I ended up suffering for many months with a host of symtoms mostly neurological, like anxiety depression, insomnia. But also a bunch more physical symtoms, too many to list. Some very bizarre.

After about 5 months, I slowly started to improve. I could manage small flat bike rides etc. 7 months I could ski, albeit pretty chill, short days. By 8 months I was feeling not too bad and started up some powder days, spiking my heart rate. That went ok for a month or so, feeling stoked etc, normal ish. Then did a few ski tours of 1000 m etc... some fatigue crept back in...then some neurological stuff came back. Months 10--11 were pretty shakey, but still able to ski. 12 months, i turned a corner for the better, after starting creatine supplementation. It was like a light switch went off. Fatigue was gone. Happiness came back, I was out the door everyday doing something. Skiing and biking almost everyday. But still taking it easy. Did a heli drop day, mtb and gravel riding almost like normal times. Road trip out to the Rockies for ski tour and inbounds pow days etc. Month 13, i crashed out pretty hard, big symtom relapse. Intense for a few days, then slowly better over a few weeks. Month 14-16 continued to improve. Mountain biking lots but still only like 30% of my usual volume. I was keeping an eye on my heart rate, keeping it below zone 3 etc. I started to mentally improve as well. Getting my stoke back, hiking, lake jumping, working from home etc. Happy. Then I made a critical life altering decision...

I decided to try to increase my activity level by 10% each month. Up until this time I had been just listening to my body. If the fatigue crept in, Id just stop and go home. But with this new goal I pushed through the fatigue a couple times to meet the 10% goal, work stress crept in. Let my guard down, had a few beers. I dont even drink and haven't for years. I was just feeling good...

By Sept last year I crashed, really, really fucking hard. All my original symptoms came back but 3x worse. The disturbed sleep turned into full time insommia. The anxiety went to full panic attacks, like cant breath, limbs turning purple. The fatigue went to cant move without triggering the above, I ended up in the hospital as the panic and isomnia were so insane I wanted to kill myself. It was the only way out to stop the intensity. The gave me some meds I went home.

Its now been 6 months and Im fully housebound. With a whole host of strange automonic dysfunction. Like losing the ablity to breath naturally. My gag relax stopped working at times. Leaving me on my knees facing effectively, well, death as I couldnt inhale. Sleep was disturbed. Like just as your drfting off, a huge surge adrenaline, like literally getting cattle prodded.

I got a little more moblie for a couple weeks after restarting the creatine. So i decided to go for some sauan cold dunk sessions. Aniother massive error. These session triggered more symtoms and left me with an overwhelming desire to kill myself. It was just a feeling, uncontrollable. I was sending out notes to people I thought I may have wronged as i thought I wouldnt make it tomorrow each day. Heavy brain fog, like you're seperate from your body. That for a a solid month. I couldnt move beyond bed to kichen without making that feeling return. I couldnt and cant leave the house. Spent Christmas alone as i couldnt travel. Girlfriend left town. The darkest day of my life. Family kept in touch frequently but it was hard.

The last 6 weeks I discovered my safe bubble of activity that doesnt trigger the panic. Ive tried to get to mailbox 3 times but its ended in panic and suicidal thoughts each time. Im incredibly senstive to noise, light, any stress whatsoever. Fatigue is strong. It takes me all day to empty the diswaher. I have to plan my activites around the house carefully or everything comes back. I tried some yoga but its too much. So i sit here day after day wondering how this is happening. Trying every biohack and supplement that's helped others. Not much is working beside sitting still, All i have I left is hope, hope that this improves somehow over time. Its pretty static at the monoment but I see tiny gains here and there. But I remain housebound. I was age group podium at the Breck Epic now Im unable to walk 50m.

I dont know why im wrting this. I am rock bottom and terrified, maybe this is therapeutic. Maybe not. But all I ask is you close your eyes for 5 secs and send this long time mag some good healing vibes. Stay safe.
    Last edited by xyz; 02-10-2023 at 08:46 PM.

I wish I had some easy advice or help xyz but I sincerely hope you start feeling better. This is totally off the wall and just me grasping at random straws but is there any chance you've got Lyme's disease or something similar?

Good luck mag. I'm sending healing vibes your way.

Holy fuck. I wish I knew what to say or do to help you. I guess all I can say is share, don't hide. And ask for help if you need it. This community is here for you.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy