Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    My 22yo son came to work Monday wearing a mask saying he didn’t feel well, told him to go home. He went home and got tested that afternoon. He had a bad sore throat and body and joint aches and pains the last two days. Test results came back today, positive.

My wife, 19yo daughter and 9yo son all went over to his apartment on Sunday. Fuck, I hope we don’t get this shit!

bummer, Bob.

best wishes
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    My 22yo son came to work Monday wearing a mask saying he didn’t feel well, told him to go home. He went home and got tested that afternoon. He had a bad sore throat and body and joint aches and pains the last two days. Test results came back today, positive.

My wife, 19yo daughter and 9yo son all went over to his apartment on Sunday. Fuck, I hope we don’t get this shit!
    Sorry to hear that, but you're all quarantine now waiting for your results, right?

Covid Roll Call!

My name is SL and I too am an X Covid host. Both the wife and I got it the week of of thanksgiving. Mrs SL became symptomatic that Wednesday and I was that Friday.

Good to have it in the rear view mirror. Will still get the VAXX when we can.

MrsSkiLyft is prego but all seems well, good thing that placenta is there!!

We are 30 and healthy, I biked 45-50 miles while mildly symptomatic.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shit, Bob. Here's hoping all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Sorry to hear that, but you're all quarantine now waiting for your results, right?
    We’ve been in quarantine for 8 months. My son is in quarantine till Dec 24th, we had plans for the whole family to spend Christmas Eve together, not sure if that’ll happen.

I’m awaiting guidance from the health department regarding my business. We haven’t let customers in the building since March, we take in all vehicles through our drop box and do payment over the phone. I’m kind of at a loss of what to do. I’d love to just shut down and come back in two weeks. But, I’m not sure how that would go with vehicles we have torn apart.

There are only four of us there now including me. I’m hoping we can wrap up any cars we have in by tomorrow and play it by ear.

Sorry to report the FIL died on the 7th. He is now resting with his brothers and sisters in the National Cemetery on Cape Cod.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Sorry to hear, mang.

Really sorry to hear that. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Sorry to report the FIL died on the 7th. He is now resting with his brothers and sisters in the National Cemetery on Cape Cod.

Shit. Sorry to hear it. Deep condolences.

Just got a text that one of my best friends from undergrad is being moved home from the hospital under hospice care and will likely pass today. I’m honestly crushed.

He reached out to me on my birthday to reconnect after not speaking for three or four years over some stupid shit. We spoke every week since and had plans to go fly fishing in NC in the spring. He told me he caught COVID around thanksgiving but had beat it and feeling well. Apparently he went into the hospital last week the day after we spoke and complications with his liver and kidneys did not improve.

He is 44 and owns several bars and restaurants in a state that has made it all but impossible to operate this year. I have to think the stress of it all is a contributing factor.

Just another reminder of how short all of this is and you never know if that call will be your last. Tell your people you love them, mags.
    I still call it The Jake.

Fuck.

That’s awful. We lost my 43 year old BIL a few months ago (non covid) so I certainly understand. There’s no making sense of this stuff.

Sorry BMills. That’s awful.

BMills, vibes to you and to his family.

Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Thank you fellas, I appreciate it. I just heard my friend passed surrounded by his wife. At least he was given that bit of dignity.

I’m terribly upset and in disbelief.

Sorry Bmills, that's tough. Lots of stories like that going around.
    I'm the same age and had it last month and still hoping I don't see any long term reoccurring shit.

Thanks man, I hope you don’t have any either. I apparently had it sometime over the summer as I found out with a blood test that revealed antibodies in my system in July. I’ve experienced some of the parosmia described in this WSJ piece https://www.wsj.com/articles/damaged...rk-11606140319

but have noticed that it’s improving with each month. (Sounds petty as shit especially in light of my buddy’s death - I have/had an incredibly sensitive nose for wine before this and that was actually one of the only symptom I experienced that led me to get tested - I have full sense of taste and had no other issues)

I’m 2 years younger than my buddy and this has knocked me on my ass. Take care of yourselves all, from what I understand my friend had no clue about his liver/kidney issues and was in tip top shape. Just unfuckingbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Thanks man, I hope you don’t have any either. I apparently had it sometime over the summer as I found out with a blood test that revealed antibodies in my system in July. I’ve experienced some of the parosmia described in this WSJ piece https://www.wsj.com/articles/damaged...rk-11606140319

but have noticed that it’s improving with each month. (Sounds petty as shit especially in light of my buddy’s death - I have/had an incredibly sensitive nose for wine before this and that was actually one of the only symptom I experienced that led me to get tested - I have full sense of taste and had no other issues)

I’m 2 years younger than my buddy and this has knocked me on my ass. Take care of yourselves all, from what I understand my friend had no clue about his liver/kidney issues and was in tip top shape. Just unfuckingbelievable.
    Yeah, I was feeling fine, getting back to normal, skiing a few days and exercising. Wife gets a BP cuff to check her BP, which is routinely low. So I start checking my BP too, thought it would be good as it always has been. Apparently not. 140/117, and sustained for a few days. When I told the doc, they almost sent me to the ER, except...covid. Instead, prescribed me some meds and said take it easy, and eat healthy, etc. Pretty scary, but feeling good now, and w/ meds, the BP is back to normal.

Covid Roll Call!

My buddy just tested positive. His heart rate was 5 bpm higher than normal for a few days leading into symptoms. Worth keeping and eye on if you monitor your heart rate daily. I’ve heard this from other people as well.

Covid Roll Call!

BMills, sorry again man. That’s just awful to hear.

Fuckend good luck to your buddy.

NameRedact that’s interesting. I had this illness last year that sounds so similar. Never had a lung problem before, but this one kicked my butt. I think I’m in really good shape: indoor soccer, 90 min outdoor games, I run and do intervals, etc, but it kicked my lungs’ ass. I had no wind, high heart rate all the time, went back to the doctor for another lung look but no regular flu, I was out of breath skiing which never happens, and it took 4-5 months to really work my way all the way back. Sound exactly like all this Covid stuff right? Some soccer friends even asked if I had that “flu from China.” Except it happened in November 2019. I told them the timing didn’t work. So I don’t think it could have been Covid but it’s so on the nose for symptoms. Never had an antibody test cause I don’t think they are accurate, right? But again it’s too early for the timing to work.

And I’ll tell you what: if that wasn’t Covid, which from timing seems like it can’t be, then I sure as hell don’t want Covid.

Good luck to all you guys.

+++VIBES+++ BMills

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    My buddy just tested positive. His heart rate was 5 bpm higher than normal for a few days leading into symptoms. Worth keeping and eye on if you monitor your heart rate daily. I’ve heard this from other people as well.
    I’m no doctor but I believe this is the case anytime your immune system ramps up, your body has to fight and work harder to fend off infections.

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Thank you fellas, I appreciate it. I just heard my friend passed surrounded by his wife. At least he was given that bit of dignity.

I’m terribly upset and in disbelief.
    There's nothing useful I can really say. Sorry man. Pour one out. Give your family a hug. Pay it forward and reach out to someone else you have lost touch with. I think most people these days want to hear from people?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    There's nothing useful I can really say. Sorry man. Pour one out. Give your family a hug. Pay it forward and reach out to someone else you have lost touch with. I think most people these days want to hear from people?
    Best piece of advice I’ve gotten in a while. Just left a vm with someone I haven’t spoken to in a long time, and spent the evening staring at my family with a smile.

Thanks Riser.

Sorry Bmills