Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Plus, 9 out of 10 people you talk to these days have a story of how they think they had it at some point in the last 8 months.
    9 out of 10 seems low.

My mom is a healthcare worker, had "textbook" COVID-19 symptoms, tested negative for COVID, and negative for COVID antibodies. There are other nasty viruses that are not COVID-19.

My wife got a positive test on Nov 8th. I have a negative. She had a head cold and couldn’t taste or smell until Sunday. I have no symptoms. We obviously don’t make out enough.

No idea where this was picked up and masklife is our motto. Obviously viral load was super low as we figured it would at least hit her way harder with some previous experience color that opinion.

My preysmptomatic/asymptomatic quarantine ends on the Sunday after turkey day.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Me.
    Sick as hell most of March, lingering issues continue. Surprisingly I still testing antibody positive as late as Aug 28th.
    What issues do you still have? The lingering aftereffects is the most worrisome part of this thing for me - for example, somebody got an enlarged heart from Covid and had to retire from college athletics? Good grief, thats horrible

Covid Roll Call!

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    9 out of 10 seems low.

My mom is a healthcare worker, had "textbook" COVID-19 symptoms, tested negative for COVID, and negative for COVID antibodies. There are other nasty viruses that are not COVID-19.
    Is it really hard to believe though? The authorities say we have 11.5MM cases on the US. Surely if that is the number of confirmed...The true number is three times...right? Or what would be a reasonable number for you? I have read 3 to 20 times number of confirmed.

Either way...some of those people have to be mags.

Edit: In October, WHO estimated 760 million people have been infected around the globe.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    In October, WHO estimated 760 million people have been infected around the globe.

How did that compare to confirmed cases at that time? I was told yesterday by a friend that the CDC estimates that 11 times the number of confirmed cases in the US is the actual number. That would put the total number of cases in the US at over 120 million or a bit more than a third of the population. I think there are a LOT of people who may have had this early on who were never confirmed/reported, largely due to the newness of the disease and the overall lack of available testing. We're pretty sure my wife contracted it last February while we were on a trip to California. She was sick with symptoms that match up with Covid and were very strange for her, nothing like anything she'd ever experienced before. I never got sick so may have had it but was asymptomatic, don't know.

At the time of the estimate...confirmed cases was 35mm

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Wow, over 20 times. But, that's globally (a wild guess in many countries, I would assume) so I suspect the number in the US is somewhat less due to better testing protocol and reporting. Still, big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    What issues do you still have? The lingering aftereffects is the most worrisome part of this thing for me - for example, somebody got an enlarged heart from Covid and had to retire from college athletics? Good grief, thats horrible
    The main issue is chronic fatigue. When I got sick, I had a 102-103 fever for about 4 days, the loss of taste, then was crushed with aches and pains for about 3+ weeks, but aside from flu symptoms never developed serious respiratory problems (thankfully). Since then I've had a diminished energy levels plus a few serious bonks when riding. My Dr. has checked out my heart after a few weird semi-uncontrolled heart rate events but it shows no damage, physically. She said "it's the wiring". The fatigue is definitely getting better all the time, but fuck, it's been over 8 months.

Is it really hard to believe though? The authorities say we have 11.5MM cases on the US. Surely if that is the number of confirmed...The true number is three times...right? Or what would be a reasonable number for you? I have read 3 to 20 times number of confirmed.

Either way...some of those people have to be mags.

Edit: In October, WHO estimated 760 million people have been infected around the globe.

No I don't disagree, was more poking fun at the fact that everyone I talk to who had a fever in February thinks they had COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    No I don't disagree, was more poking fun at the fact that everyone I talk to who had a fever in February thinks they had COVID.
    Yes...there is a lot of that. I am banking on having it in March due to the wife’s purple and itchy toes amd that both of us had deep burning in our lungs for 6 full weeks plus.

Yes...there is a lot of that. I am banking on having it in March due to the wife’s purple and itchy toes amd that both of us had deep burning in our lungs for 6 full weeks plus.

I had the flu, or something similar to the flu in June. Two negative COVID tests.

Other bugs are are still circulating.

what I find interesting about this, is how many of the active people - skiers, bikers, etc... - have the same longterm issues. How many of us with chronic fatigue or breathing issues, started training again within 2 weeks of being sick? You know, like when you gt the flu, feel like shit for a week or 2 then then try to run it (literally) out of your system. But, instead of running it out of your system, you (me) ran your system down and got fucked. Now I am working with a sports medicine doctor, trying to get back to some sort of normal.

Also with the covid tests - many of them are crap. I was convinced I had it - and my first anti-body test (looked like a home pregnancy test) in May was negative. I went to my doctor for some blood work, because I knew something was really wrong, and the Roche antibody test was positive (tests were within a week) I did not ask for the 2nd test - he just ran full blood work.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking this thread would be less...speculative.
    Make it a yes or no poll.

The clinic where I got my positive result told me the only thing I could do to was to alternate Tylenol and ibuprofen. My wife is a RN and was home with me the whole time. She charted meds, temp, SAT or 02 saturation and discovered the ibuprofen did absolutely nothing. She switched to Aspirin and that work a lot better with fever and pain.

So for those of you who have for sure had it, and fully recovered, how do you proceed with daily life? I mean, do you think that you are immune? A lot of studies coming out showing that you are, potentially for years if not decades.

So you probably still wear a mask and wash your hands and everything, just to not stand out like an asshole in public. But do you feel like you would go sit down indoors in a restaurant? Hop on a plane to go see your folks? Get a gym membership again? Stuff like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    So for those of you who have for sure had it, and fully recovered, how do you proceed with daily life? I mean, do you think that you are immune? A lot of studies coming out showing that you are, potentially for years if not decades.

So you probably still wear a mask and wash your hands and everything, just to not stand out like an asshole in public. But do you feel like you would go sit down indoors in a restaurant? Hop on a plane to go see your folks? Get a gym membership again? Stuff like that?
    Not sure where your getting your info but I would check other sources. I know of two personal contacts that have been positive twice now over the course of 8 months. These are not rare occasions as there are other reports of this. There second time, they were not nearly as sick but sick none the less.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Not sure where your getting your info but I would check other sources. I know of two personal contacts that have been positive twice now over the course of 8 months. These are not rare occasions as there are other reports of this. There second time, they were not nearly as sick but sick none the less.
    Not really looking to argue this point. I'm more asking people what their personal comfort level is after having the virus. But here's an article:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/h...-immunity.html

Yes, this is new info, and there is still a lot to be learned. I get that. That's why I'm asking about people's comfort levels, not to have another argument about the science that goes on forever. Take that to the other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    The clinic where I got my positive result told me the only thing I could do to was to alternate Tylenol and ibuprofen. My wife is a RN and was home with me the whole time. She charted meds, temp, SAT or 02 saturation and discovered the ibuprofen did absolutely nothing. She switched to Aspirin and that work a lot better with fever and pain.
    good to hear. I would feel far more comfortable with aspirin, given the stress to the liver of ibuprofen and acetaminophen.

I assume I can still be reinfected and potentially spread it, so I'm as careful as possible.
    The cost of being wrong about immunity and making someone else sick is just not worth it.

How long did it take you guys to get your sense of smell and taste back?
    (My taste is like 40% diminished).
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Not really looking to argue this point. I'm more asking people what their personal comfort level is after having the virus. But here's an article:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/h...-immunity.html

Yes, this is new info, and there is still a lot to be learned. I get that. That's why I'm asking about people's comfort levels, not to have another argument about the science that goes on forever. Take that to the other threads.
    Sorry if that came across as argumentative, it wasn't meant to be, just cautionary.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Not sure I have posted this gem enough: https://narwallmask.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    How long did it take you guys to get your sense of smell and taste back?
    (My taste is like 40% diminished).
    Same with me its weird. I always wear a mask (no face no case) I hope its the new norm.

This isn't meant to stir the pot, and yeah it talks about HCQ as treatment,
    Start taking large amounts of Zinc and Vitamin D right away (it mentions ).

Open windows and run fans. Wash hands often. Prevents reinfection. This was news to me.
    didn't even have to watch the video, the above stupid was enough

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    didn't even have to watch the video, the above stupid was enough
    Talks about HCQ? I'm out.