Intuition Pro Tour Mod

Has anybody tried sewing the tongue directly to the liner, and cutting off the velcro tab from the tongue? I want to make some more room on the top of my toes there. In a Hawx XTD130, with about a 5/8" shell fit FWIW.

I realize a Tour Wrap would probably fix this particular issue, but I tend to like tongue liners better, especially for touring.

I'll be doing the soon. Removing the velcro is easy- I did this on some old Scarpa branded intuitions, but they were still too thick, and I never bothered sewing the tongue back on. Buying some LV Pro Tours from a mag and will then be doing some surgery. Advice on what sort of thread to use is welcome.

Edit to add: Same boot. Pressure on forefoot is a problem with the velcro.

Yeah, the cutting seems easy. When you did that in the Scarpas, did the tongue stay put okay without being sewn back on?

I'm in the exact same setup — LV Pro Tours. Let me know how it goes!

I tried them on only once and getting the tongue in place wasn't hard. Even with the boot board removed the intuitions from my old Maestrale RSs we're too thick. My much thinner intuitions from my F1s (which have a sewn on tongue) feel much better. Still might have to grind the boot board a bit for to the LVs..

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

I went for it. Results seem promising. Basically cut the velcro tab off the tongue right where it starts to overlap with the toe of the liner, and sewed in flush. Holding the tongue neatly in place to get it started was a PITA. What I ended up doing that worked well was to put ~3 stitches in each corner and tie those off, then go through and sew up the middle.

First liner's done, I need some dinner and probably some rye before I tear into the second one.

Good beta, I see this happening on mine soon. I put them on and immediately wondered WTF they were thinking with that thick fabric square right on top of foot.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Good beta, I see this happening on mine soon. I put them on and immediately wondered WTF they were thinking with that thick fabric square right on top of foot.
    Yeah it's rough. I've got an older pair where the tab is much thinner.